Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2015, 12:08 PM

38 posts, read 56,822 times

Advertisements

Looks like I'm gonna need a Realtor....I'd like to know if anyone, who recently bought a house, was really,really happy with their Realtor. The areas I'm looking in are ,
Edison, Fords, Metuchen, Rahway, Woodbridge, Highland Park....

Thank you so much. I've had some pretty disappointing relationships with Realtors in the past. I just want someone who wants to help me, and make a sale...and is knowledgable in aspects of selling procedures.

charlie

ps) I guess Im gonna need a mortgage rep too. if you know anybody great, thats a lot of help.
and whats the deal with " shopping around for a mortgage? I don't really understand what that means,
thanks! :-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2015, 02:24 PM

262 posts, read 798,605 times
Stephanie Taglietta is amazing. She sold my wife and I our house, and she also sold 4 of my friends their houses as well.

She is very thorough and looks out for your best interests.

She is currently ranked #7 in NJ and in the top 2% Nationally of ERA Real Estate Agents.

She has also won the NJAR Circle of Excellence Sales Award for 2014, 2013, 2012, 2009 and 2007 and ERA Circle of Honor Award for 2014.

She can also hook you up with a mortgage rep -- she works with Rob Kipnis, formerly of Wells Fargo, but now with Corridor Mortgage Group.

Stephanie's number is: 732-406-0313

-Greg

Old 06-22-2015, 02:35 PM

3,305 posts, read 3,868,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlieandme View Post
ps) I guess Im gonna need a mortgage rep too. if you know anybody great, thats a lot of help.
and whats the deal with " shopping around for a mortgage? I don't really understand what that means,
thanks! :-)
First off, congrats on this step. It's tough deciding to buy a house and there's a lot of moving parts. But you should definitely get a mortgage approval first, that way you know how much money people are going to be willing to lend you.

Shopping for a mortgage basically involves you calling around (or clicking, in some cases) and telling people what you're looking to buy, your credit rating, your down payment amount, and a few other things so they can pull a credit report and see what you could get for both a mortgage and rate for that mortgage. Better credit typically comes with better rates and larger mortgages and the inverse is true. But you shop around because some people will take a greater risk than others. Some places, like a mortgage rep, act as brokerages that can call around to a few places for you and find you the best deal. Other places you deal with the bank directly and you get what they offer and have to do your own haggling.

I got three or four offers and the rates varied by about half a point from the best to the worst. If I'd called the worst place and just taken it I would have missed out on saving a ton of cash. Get a second opinion and call more than one place on this, it's a big transaction you're talking about.

Old 06-22-2015, 02:48 PM

3,992 posts, read 2,458,665 times
mortgage rep- American Federal- NJ based mortgage shop, Chris MacDonald was broker. They are excellent. Do yourself a favor- know your FICO, cash flows, debts, assets, etc. Also go to zillow and look at NJ mortgage rates to see where market is. Maike sure you know what closing costs are fixed and which are lender specific (AmFed closing costs are minimal compared to Chase/Bank of America etc), also make sure you know terms you want- 15 v 30 - fixed v arm.....
Have your last two W2s, 3 months bank statement, credit card, and autopayment statements lined up.
Don't bother with realtor until you have pre-approval for financing lined up, waste of your and realtors time until then.

Old 06-23-2015, 12:14 PM

141 posts, read 208,967 times
Ed Feeley of Keller Williams. I've used him twice already and have been extremely pleased. He's lived in the area forever and has a fantastic knowledge of historic homes as well.
Edward Feeley | Westfield NJ | Keller Williams Realty

Old 06-23-2015, 01:50 PM

38 posts, read 56,822 times
Thank you so much everybody! This information really helps.
And I appreciate you taking the time to answer my questions, and give me some good names.
I'll keep you 'appraised' of the situation ! ;-)

Old 06-25-2015, 07:04 AM

800 posts, read 1,297,360 times
Jeanne Feenick | Basking Ridge NJ | Keller Williams Realty
Jeanne Feenick, I've used her twice now and she is incredibly knowledgeable, responsive and does this full time so shes almost always available

Old 06-26-2015, 03:44 PM

50 posts, read 63,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by focus282 View Post
Stephanie Taglietta is amazing. She sold my wife and I our house, and she also sold 4 of my friends their houses as well.

She is very thorough and looks out for your best interests.

She is currently ranked #7 in NJ and in the top 2% Nationally of ERA Real Estate Agents.

She has also won the NJAR Circle of Excellence Sales Award for 2014, 2013, 2012, 2009 and 2007 and ERA Circle of Honor Award for 2014.

She can also hook you up with a mortgage rep -- she works with Rob Kipnis, formerly of Wells Fargo, but now with Corridor Mortgage Group.

Stephanie's number is: 732-406-0313

-Greg
I'm a Loan Officer. Be careful posting someone's name and telling others a certain Real Estate Agent uses a certain loan officer/lender. That's steering. A google search will show her name and your post.

Old 06-29-2015, 09:39 AM

262 posts, read 798,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by captchaos145 View Post
I'm a Loan Officer. Be careful posting someone's name and telling others a certain Real Estate Agent uses a certain loan officer/lender. That's steering. A google search will show her name and your post.
They are not allowed to provide a list of recommended people? I didn't realize this. I will have my post deleted. Thank you!

Old 06-29-2015, 11:23 AM

800 posts, read 1,297,360 times
of the 3 different agents I've worked with in the past, all have told me preferred loan officers, lawyers, and inspectors they like to work with as a "hey, i've worked with these people in the past and they are good at their job" and i would guess there is a side deal going on in some cases but whatever. never have i been forced though and always did my due diligence in choosing my "team".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey