Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2015, 08:12 AM

18 posts, read 40,885 times

Advertisements

Hi,
I am staying in Metropark and I am thinking to go Bronx Zoo tomorrow with my family(8+ kid). Seem its far ways and have to change few train and bus to reach it. Does anyone have been before? How is this place? Tickets are bit expensive. Is it good idea to buy annual pass?
I heard, I have to pay extra other than pass to see few animals. Please give me suggestion.
P.S: I haven't car.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2015, 08:31 PM

104 posts, read 139,939 times
its worth the time and money. you should go early . its a big zoo and you need time to cover exhibits at your pace.

Old 09-07-2015, 05:52 AM

3,176 posts, read 6,217,846 times
It's a very, very good zoo. Up there right behind San Diego in my book. We have an annual family pass bc it was much cheaper than going twice and you get free parking and you gain entry to the additional exhibits for free. 10% off all concession food and stores with membership. You will do a lot of walking, the grounds are surprisingly large. You may bring in your own food which is nice, and rare.

Also, Living Social is offering a deal on a family membership: https://www.livingsocial.com/events/...ium-membership

Old 09-07-2015, 08:25 AM

2,257 posts, read 5,188,948 times
It is an excellent zoo and big enough to spend an entire day there. Recommend you buy the annual pass. Also, if you drive, strongly recommend you drive there as it is much easier and a lot faster than taking public transportation. Should be under 1hour from Metro Park.

Old 09-07-2015, 03:59 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,952,870 times
LOLOLOLOL,

I just got back from the Bronx Zoo like an hour ago. It is an enormous zoo. It is bigger than the San Diego Zoo which I just went about 3-4 weeks ago. The Bronx Zoo is more than twice the size of the San Diego zoo.

I believe only Animal Kingdom in Disney Land, Busch Gardens in Tampa, and the Safari in NJ Six Flags is bigger.

My only peeves about our zoo is the food options are lacking. They only have hot dogs, pizza, burgers, PB&J, turkey, chicken fingers, and salads. San Diego Zoo and Animal Kingdom have themed restaurants doe.

The zoo is huge though, and has a lot of space and ground to cover in between exhibits. I think they need to either put in roller Coaster like in Busch Gardens or put in a SeaWorld style exhibits. It can be an aquarium, and zoo in one.

Old 09-07-2015, 04:01 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,952,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idlewile View Post
It's a very, very good zoo. Up there right behind San Diego in my book. We have an annual family pass bc it was much cheaper than going twice and you get free parking and you gain entry to the additional exhibits for free. 10% off all concession food and stores with membership. You will do a lot of walking, the grounds are surprisingly large. You may bring in your own food which is nice, and rare.

Also, Living Social is offering a deal on a family membership: https://www.livingsocial.com/events/...ium-membership
Oh really darn, I wish I read this, this morning.

Old 09-07-2015, 06:35 PM

1,215 posts, read 3,291,483 times
The Bronx Zoo is wonderful...still considered one of the premier zoos in the US.

Some people feel it's lacking in certain areas, but you can't please everyone. LOL.

Old 09-08-2015, 07:24 AM

800 posts, read 1,297,603 times
dont go on wednesdays

Old 09-08-2015, 10:18 AM

4,073 posts, read 8,981,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
LOLOLOLOL,

I just got back from the Bronx Zoo like an hour ago. It is an enormous zoo. It is bigger than the San Diego Zoo which I just went about 3-4 weeks ago. The Bronx Zoo is more than twice the size of the San Diego zoo.

I believe only Animal Kingdom in Disney Land, Busch Gardens in Tampa, and the Safari in NJ Six Flags is bigger.

My only peeves about our zoo is the food options are lacking. They only have hot dogs, pizza, burgers, PB&J, turkey, chicken fingers, and salads. San Diego Zoo and Animal Kingdom have themed restaurants doe.

The zoo is huge though, and has a lot of space and ground to cover in between exhibits. I think they need to either put in roller Coaster like in Busch Gardens or put in a SeaWorld style exhibits. It can be an aquarium, and zoo in one.
Because a roller coaster would cut down the time to cover the space between exhibits?

It's a zoo, not a theme park.

Old 09-08-2015, 10:29 AM

2,669 posts, read 2,092,773 times
There is a lot to see in Bronx Zoo and it could be a wonderful experience for the whole family. It also seems to treat the animals humanely and keeps them not in cages but in huge enclosures. And that is kind of a problem bacause it sometimes feels that humans are looking at the animals from the cage. And then also you have to walk long distances between enclosures to see something. And sometimes the animals are close to the "cage" where humans are and you get a great view. And sometimes they are so far that it is hard to see. You can take a shuttle if the ZOO is not crowded but it is not free. I believe it is $5 per ride or you have to buy a more expensive ticket.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey