Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2016, 11:30 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,723,221 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
It's not that you're on the stand, but people here aren't idiots. When you tell a tale that doesn't make sense or add up, you should EXPECT people to ask questions.

Now I'm wondering what sort of "error" generates that level of scrutiny, and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one, lol.
Right. When you write a post and allude (not providing the whole story) to the fact that NJ in general doesn't give timely refunds, expect to be questioned, especially to those of us who have been filing taxes for 25+ years.

I also have the additional question you have about this "error". To me it reeks of tax evasion (whether intentional or not).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2016, 06:52 PM

2,499 posts, read 2,630,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMyself View Post
uhm yeah, there is...i did not know im on the stand? but since you asked, an error on an 06 refund got us caught in the loop we're in, and now each year we are told we need to prove who we are, employment, marital status, etc to receive our money from nj. we supply the info, and are always mailed a letter saying its processing and we will be given a decision in 60 days. we are then routinely denied our return 60 days later and told we need to supply elusive additional documents, including copies of the last 4 yearly paystubs along with original w2s from each job worked from 2006 to present. we cannot supply that, so they keep our money, and the cycle continues.

it has been happening so much we finally gave up trying. at this time they owe us at least 8,000.00.

I work for Treasury. If you are interested I can have someone look into your issue and see what the problem is.

Old 02-18-2016, 03:49 AM

544 posts, read 1,240,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom1944 View Post
I work for Treasury. If you are interested I can have someone look into your issue and see what the problem is.
i'm getting the impression from facebook that if the amount of the refund is over 1,000, NJ will put your refund under review? i've already gotten fed and ny, just waiting on nj.

Old 02-18-2016, 05:08 AM

There are review procedures set up especially with the increase in identity theft. I do not work in that area so I am unsure what the amount is.

I can tell you there is always a big push to get refunds out as fast as possible.

The Division of Taxation issues the refunds but the returns are processed by the Division of Revenue. So the issue could be a processing problem or it could be in a review category.

Old 02-18-2016, 06:26 AM

9,434 posts, read 4,266,855 times
Did you contact the nj tax payer advocate?
NJ Division of Taxation - Office of the Taxpayer Advocate (OTA)

This may be your best course of action. I have never worked with the state of nj's advocate but the federal division gets great results.

Old 02-18-2016, 06:54 AM

They are great. I interact with them all the time.

Old 02-18-2016, 08:34 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,723,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prettybaby80 View Post
i'm getting the impression from facebook that if the amount of the refund is over 1,000, NJ will put your refund under review? i've already gotten fed and ny, just waiting on nj.
I routinely get over $1000 refund every year, and it usually lags behind feds about two weeks. I've never been audited or reviewed (reviewed to my knowledge, I know I've never been audited).

Old 02-18-2016, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
Did you contact the nj tax payer advocate?
NJ Division of Taxation - Office of the Taxpayer Advocate (OTA)

This may be your best course of action. I have never worked with the state of nj's advocate but the federal division gets great results.
Thank you!

Old 02-18-2016, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
I routinely get over $1000 refund every year, and it usually lags behind feds about two weeks. I've never been audited or reviewed (reviewed to my knowledge, I know I've never been audited).
i'll give it two more weeks. When i log on to check the status? there's no information regarding my ss and to wait at least 4 weeks...so that's what i'll do. With NY, filer is able to check status after 24 hours...nj is ... idk

Old 02-18-2016, 01:44 PM

684 posts, read 715,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
Either your memory or your reading comprehension is faulty, as I have never been on "medical leave", and as a result have never stated that I was "on medical leave". Please provide a link to the thread where you think I stated that I am "on medical leave".

As to "accusing you of being an alcoholic", YOU are the one who created a thread in a different forum about your own concerns regarding your "binge drinking" of large amounts of alcohol. Thus, my speculation about your drinking habits is the result of what you posted about yourself.

Would you like me to post a link to the thread that you created regarding your binge drinking, or do you want to post it here yourself?

Hmmmmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
Either your memory or your reading comprehension is faulty, as I have never been on "medical leave", and as a result have never stated that I was "on medical leave". Please provide a link to the thread where you think I stated that I am "on medical leave".

As to "accusing you of being an alcoholic", YOU are the one who created a thread in a different forum about your own concerns regarding your "binge drinking" of large amounts of alcohol. Thus, my speculation about your drinking habits is the result of what you posted about yourself.

Would you like me to post a link to the thread that you created regarding your binge drinking, or do you want to post it here yourself?

Hmmmmm....

That thread has not been very helpful. It's full of people like you. good at spelling stuff, but not worth listening to. I have checked out the definition of binge drinking and it does not fit me. Length of a drinking session v number of drinks pier hour... You should definitely post it here ! This is very important for you to get to the bottom of this issue !

English is not my first language.

I do not work in finance, I am a software engineer. I work for NJIT's R&D (not really, but the easiest way to explain to you). I have a graduate degree from a NJ university

It is to late for you to prove to me that you are a normal, healthy person. It's probably better this way... Punish people for being sick is against my values.... ... (that means you are safe, i will not come after you because I pity you

like i said before, at least you knwo ho to spell
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: