Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2016, 09:41 PM

9,008 posts, read 13,841,954 times

Advertisements

I must be odd,because i prefer 7-11.

Why? i can get in and get out quick.

Wawa is just too large of a store to me;it feels like Walmart in a sense to me.

The Wawa's in Burlington have bad customer service IMO.
I do not like how some customers do not form lines but instead just walk up to the cashier that is open,even though they see other customers waiting in lines.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2016, 03:52 AM

3,859 posts, read 9,980,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
I must be odd,because i prefer 7-11. Why? i can get in and get out quick.
I mean, I've stopped into a 7-11 to grab a gallon of milk or some other prepackaged item if I really needed it, but that's rare. I'd never eat one of their hotdogs/sandwiches or drink their coffee. The last time I was in a 7-11 it looked like the coffee had been brewed a week ago and had just been sitting in the carafe slowly turning into battery acid. The coffee station was dirty, covered in spilled coffee, creamer, sugar, etc... At Wawa (aside from the fact that coffee is far superior) a customer can barely spill anything without one of their staff wiping it up immediately.

Quote:
Wawa is just too large of a store to me;it feels like Walmart in a sense to me.
I love the larger stores they build now-HUGE improvement over the old stores. They're easy to move around in and its easy to spot what you want quickly. It rarely takes me more than five minutes to grab a 24oz coffee and a shorti.

Quote:
The Wawa's in Burlington have bad customer service IMO. I do not like how some customers do not form lines but instead just walk up to the cashier that is open,even though they see other customers waiting in lines.
How is that Wawa's fault

There's no contest. 7-11s are filthy and no better (often worse) than the average gas station convenience store. Quick Check tries hard to copy Wawa's business model (Wawa has been around a lot longer) but misses the mark. Scheetz I've heard good things about, but literally only went there once on a trip to Central PA.

Old 05-25-2016, 04:24 AM

32,940 posts, read 36,369,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badfish740 View Post
I mean, I've stopped into a 7-11 to grab a gallon of milk or some other prepackaged item if I really needed it, but that's rare. I'd never eat one of their hotdogs/sandwiches or drink their coffee. The last time I was in a 7-11 it looked like the coffee had been brewed a week ago and had just been sitting in the carafe slowly turning into battery acid. The coffee station was dirty, covered in spilled coffee, creamer, sugar, etc... At Wawa (aside from the fact that coffee is far superior) a customer can barely spill anything without one of their staff wiping it up immediately. ...
The last time I got coffee at 7-11, I had a GI problem. The coffee station didn't look dirty, but when I became slightly ill, I wondered how long the coffee had been burning.

Old 05-25-2016, 04:55 AM

862 posts, read 976,698 times
I noticed the new wawa's and the new quick check's are pretty on par, both good, 7-11 is just nasty, coffee is
terrible, food I would not eat from there, also 7-11 staff's there stores with mostly undocumented immigrant's
from Pakistan, that they do not even pay minimum wage.

Old 05-25-2016, 05:12 AM

88,586 posts, read 84,818,250 times
People, you're killing me with the apostrophe abuse. You don't need them before the s in the plurals. STOP.

This is second-grade stuff.

Old 05-25-2016, 06:50 AM

2,535 posts, read 6,668,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
People, you're killing me with the apostrophe abuse. You don't need them before the s in the plurals. STOP.

This is second-grade stuff.
Whats you're problem with plural's?

Old 05-25-2016, 07:03 AM

1,548 posts, read 4,316,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
People, you're killing me with the apostrophe abuse. You don't need them before the s in the plurals. STOP. This is second-grade stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdstyles View Post
Whats you're problem with plural's?
Signs of Mighty Queen's persnickety, Midland Park upbringing?
Just goosing you... I share your sentiment's (and td's sense of humor).

Old 05-25-2016, 07:17 AM

1,548 posts, read 4,316,442 times
My opinion, from best to worst:
Choice: Wawa, QuickChek, Sheetz
Acceptable: Cumberland Farms, Speedway, Dunkin
Avoid: 7-11, Krausers

Opinions of others:
Best coffee in New Jersey: New Jersey's best coffee? It's a convenience store chain | NJ.com
The growing industry: Convenience chains targeting North Jersey - News - NorthJersey.com

Old 05-25-2016, 07:41 AM

3,859 posts, read 9,980,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickDD View Post
My opinion, from best to worst:
Choice: Wawa, QuickChek, Sheetz
Acceptable: Cumberland Farms, Speedway, Dunkin
Avoid: 7-11, Krausers
There are few things more foul than the inside of a Krausers. There's one on Old 22 in Clinton and for the life of me I can't figure out why it still survives.

Old 05-25-2016, 07:51 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,733,488 times
You think 7-11 is bad you need to check out the Circle K in FL....I'd take a NJ 7-11 anyday over them
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey