Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 08:10 PM

32,620 posts, read 77,657,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBee View Post
(2) Endless Mountains in PA, Towanda area. Away from it all, less taxes than NJ.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagldot View Post
We'll be moving to northeast PA in a couple of years, if not earlier. Why? Cost of living is driving us out, husband is retired law enforcement and PA doesn't tax his pension. Plus, family is from there and elderly parents have moved back there from NJ. I can live wherever we want as I'm a remote employee. So... the reason to go is to improve cost of living and be by family. Can't go until youngest has some college behind her.
+2 for NEPA! WOOOOO!!! Maybe my annoying cheerleading is starting to pay off?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2008, 11:22 AM

51 posts, read 200,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
Crna06,

What zip in ABQ did you live in? Were you over Northeast Heights, by Tramway? Beautiful area.
When we first lived there, we lived in 87111 off of Academy Blvd. We left the state and returned a year later and bought a house in Taylor Ranch on the West side of town 87120.

If we ever move back, i will look at the far northeast hights again. I loved living in the foothills and being close to all the Sandia trail heads. If I could convince my wife to go back, I would look at 87111 or 87122 and maybe 87113.
Funny thing is, usually salaries go down with the decreased cost of living, but in my case, I would make about the same amount in NM but the cost of living would be significantly less than NJ. We would be far better off even if we bought a house in the more expensive NE heights.

Old 02-26-2008, 01:19 PM

10 posts, read 46,254 times
is that so easy esp if you in job , i am just wandering after reading this form and seeing ppls have moved or will do in future, i am in 30 and havent earned so much that i could think of leaving from here and take risk to settle in new place ..
u guys are BRAVEHEART

Old 02-26-2008, 01:26 PM

9,376 posts, read 20,814,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crna06 View Post
When we first lived there, we lived in 87111 off of Academy Blvd. We left the state and returned a year later and bought a house in Taylor Ranch on the West side of town 87120.

If we ever move back, i will look at the far northeast hights again. I loved living in the foothills and being close to all the Sandia trail heads. If I could convince my wife to go back, I would look at 87111 or 87122 and maybe 87113.
Funny thing is, usually salaries go down with the decreased cost of living, but in my case, I would make about the same amount in NM but the cost of living would be significantly less than NJ. We would be far better off even if we bought a house in the more expensive NE heights.
My job is the same way. I earn as much here as I would in NJ.

Old 02-26-2008, 02:12 PM

1,725 posts, read 3,116,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWB View Post
+2 for NEPA! WOOOOO!!! Maybe my annoying cheerleading is starting to pay off?
I'm looking for a conservative place to go...

Old 02-26-2008, 03:27 PM

3,238 posts, read 8,793,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
My job is the same way. I earn as much here as I would in NJ.
We're relocating to a small rural town outside of Oklahoma city, and DH will start his job there tomorrow at the same salary he was making here in NJ. The cost of living there is about 45-50% less.

The rest of the family will follow on Sunday.

Old 02-27-2008, 09:59 AM

93 posts, read 300,097 times
I would go to Bermuda in a heartbeat. But reality keeps me in NJ. After researching areas to move to, I honestly have to say that staying in NJ is the best choice for us. It tends to look better in other areas, but when you do your homework, you find out it's not always better elsewhere. Yeah, it costs a lot to live in NJ, but I would rather pay double the property taxes than most places to be near the shore, near NYC, have farms and conveniences nearby, good schools, nice parks, low crime, change of seasons(snow doesn't always have to be considered a nuisance) etc,etc. If you choose to move out-be sure to do your homework first.

Old 08-01-2008, 02:37 PM

27 posts, read 150,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theresejenkins View Post
I moved to Mount Pleasant, SC from Jersey City and Monmouth Beach about 4 years ago and love it!!! There are SO MANY of us here, the taxes are incredibly low, you get HUGE HOUSE for the money and the weather is great! Let me know if there is any information I can get for anyone you know of that may be thinking of moving here!
I've been looking in Monmouth Beach too, but I do not know much about the schools. I know Monmouth Beach has its own elementary/middle school, but I am concerned about the Shore Regional High School in West Long Branch. I am coming from a town with a bad schools system in northern new jersey, and I was wondering what the high school is like over there.

Old 08-01-2008, 02:38 PM

234 posts, read 537,527 times
Back to Chicago.... but I love my job...

Old 08-01-2008, 03:10 PM

1,463 posts, read 4,693,503 times
If I could maintain my job, I'd own out in Phoenix, then have a summer rental on the Jersey shore. Best of Both Worlds, IMHO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey