Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2016, 06:22 PM

1,883 posts, read 2,827,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlknox View Post
Do you know how much is cost to park at Harrison? I can't find any info on parking.
7 dollars per day, it's 3 mins walking from the station.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2016, 07:08 AM

115 posts, read 146,249 times
This is one of the parking garages in Harrison. This one is connected to the Harrison Path Station. Rates are listed: LAZ Parking - Harrison Parking Center

Old 08-01-2016, 09:46 AM

1,548 posts, read 4,315,491 times
New York City: If you have large vehicles in which you can fit five or more people per vehicle, I agree with Lammius that driving in is the best idea. If you do not have large capacity vehicles, I agree with the advice given at the hotel (adjusted to Harrison): Drive to Harrison, take the PATH train to Lower Manhattan.

As an alternative, New York's most popular tourist attraction is accessible directly from New Jersey! I refer to The Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island. Ferry service to the island and the statue is available directly from Jersey City, at the old railroad lots where parking is plentiful.

New Jersey: There is plenty to do and see in our great state!
• Is anyone in your party an engineer or a techie? The Edison National Historic Site in West Orange is wonderful — and only about a 15 minute drive from Parsippany (non rush-hour).
• Also in West Orange: Eagle Rock Reservation, offering unsurpassed views of the NYC skyline.
• Morristown National Historic Park. For history, see the Ford Mansion. For hiking, go to Jockey Hollow.
• Paterson Great Falls National Park and the Paterson Museum, including American railroad history.
• If you're from a landlocked state, consider spending the day at one of NJ's magnificent beaches!
And the list goes on...

Old 08-01-2016, 11:42 AM

5,772 posts, read 16,586,846 times
I used to park there decades ago before the arena and parking center was built but rates for the parking center,,,(there are other lots also) are :

LAZ Parking - Harrison Parking Center

Old 08-22-2016, 08:01 PM

8 posts, read 16,657 times
Well we are back from our trip to New York. I would suggest driving in from New Jersey either to Manhattan or. Staten island. NJ Transit $30 per person round trip.some of us drive into New York no problem. Parking in Manhattan $55 or Staten island free. Also some FYI New York blocks might be short ,but when you're walking Avenues it like 5blocks per Avenue. So when a NYorker says a block they mean at least 4 or 5 blocks. Best way to get around walk some and use taxis. The Staten Ferry was great thanks for that info. All n all was a very interesting experience and had a good time. Would love to go back and spend more time in New York.

Old 08-30-2016, 03:19 PM

8 posts, read 16,657 times
So we are back from New Jersey/New York. We took the train to Penn station it wasn't cheap $30 round trip per person. Took 2 hrs on train. Then we had to walk and walk. Couldn't figure out why new yorkers say the blocks are really short because we walked blocks and block and finally we asked why do ny say its just a few blocks when we have walked about 10 well come to find out we were walking avenues. Some of our group drove to lower Manhattan took 45 mins of to park $55 but was cheaper than the train. Others drove to Staten island took about 50 mins. And parked for free and rode the free farry back, I would suggest drive and use taxi's.

Old 08-31-2016, 05:26 AM

88,571 posts, read 84,777,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlknox View Post
So we are back from New Jersey/New York. We took the train to Penn station it wasn't cheap $30 round trip per person. Took 2 hrs on train. Then we had to walk and walk. Couldn't figure out why new yorkers say the blocks are really short because we walked blocks and block and finally we asked why do ny say its just a few blocks when we have walked about 10 well come to find out we were walking avenues. Some of our group drove to lower Manhattan took 45 mins of to park $55 but was cheaper than the train. Others drove to Staten island took about 50 mins. And parked for free and rode the free farry back, I would suggest drive and use taxi's.
Well...I'm a little confused because you said you wanted to go to lower Manhattan but now you're saying you went into Penn Station, which is nowhere near the Memorial. Penn is in Midtown.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey