Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 12:02 PM

1,363 posts, read 5,928,979 times

Advertisements

There's Gabowitz in East Brunswick. They may have some decent deals too because they are getting ready to move to a different location across the highway.

Also-the Sears in New Brunswick is 3% sales tax.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2008, 05:45 AM

5,439 posts, read 16,865,191 times
Can I ask what kind of appliances you ended up getting?

I am trying to figure out all this craziness. How do you decipher between 56 different ovens that are gas powered, stainless steel, self cleaning, convection cooking with sealed burners.

I have to admit, Sears makes this look pretty stupid easy. 20% off plus free delivery on top of whatever sales they have going on.

I should check out "Renos" in Paterson, however.
I cant wait for this stuff

Old 02-24-2008, 06:15 AM

61 posts, read 403,160 times
Default Appliances

Karl's in Perth Amboy sells everything discounted and sales tax is 3.5% because of the urban enterprize zone. I purchased Sub Zero and Dacor and the project went perfect.
Air Conditioners, Refrigerators, Stoves, Televisions, VCRS & DVD Players, Washers & Dryers, Sinks, Faucets and Ventilation Hoods - Karl's Appliance - New York & New Jersey

Old 04-03-2008, 02:00 PM

5,439 posts, read 16,865,191 times
Funny Sears just did this to me. I ordered my appliances 3 weeks ago. They e-mailed me a week later saying we don't have the microwave. I said ok get rid of the microwave. Went and bought one at Lowes. Waited another 2 weeks and called them today and they decided now to tell me they actually don't have ANY of the appliances.

Searshas the #1 "consumer rated" dishwasher if that means anything. They also have an semi-odd sized fridge which is 29 5/8" wide, and 69" tall (other brands are 66" tall I think). We need to make use of that vertical space here so I am not sure what I am going to do. My wife spent a good few hours doing research on these dumb appliances.

Old 05-14-2009, 01:31 PM

2 posts, read 5,318 times
I’m in the market for a 42” or 48” side by side built-in refrigerator. I’ve researched the following brands - Sub Zero, Viking, Monogram, Kitchen Aid, Thermador and GE Profle. After months of reading and chatting, I’ve narrowed it down to the Sub Zero and Viking. Is anyone aware of any issues with either of these brands? Also, are there any current owners out there within 50 miles of the Paramus, NJ/ NY area that can recommend the best place to buy as well as a professional installer?

Old 05-14-2009, 07:18 PM

312 posts, read 1,164,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tandcookies View Post
We LOVE SeeMore tv and appliance on route 27 in Metuchen. They have great prices and sales people who want to work with you. Since we moved in to our current house the majority of our appliances have had to be replaced: GE profiles convection/microwave, GE convection oven, dishwasher, gas grill, and garbage disposal. We've bought all the new ones at SeeMore.

Good luck!

I have to agree on SeeMore. They are authorized dealers for all the major brands including luxury brands like wolf and viking. We bought all of our appliances there and they were MUCH cheaper than the big chains. They also help you find all the possible manufacturer rebates. Shipping is free if you are not far from metuchen. My father who lives in queens also bought appliances from SeeMore. Shipping to queens was only $80 and shipping out of state can save you taxes.

Old 05-14-2009, 09:20 PM

6 posts, read 15,519 times
I've scoured every location when it comes to appliances and almost always Sears comes out on top for selection and prices and Best Buy usually follows right behind as far as price goes, the selections aren't as extensive though.

Old 05-15-2009, 10:49 AM

1,024 posts, read 3,356,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artDDS View Post
I have to agree on SeeMore. They are authorized dealers for all the major brands including luxury brands like wolf and viking. We bought all of our appliances there and they were MUCH cheaper than the big chains. They also help you find all the possible manufacturer rebates. Shipping is free if you are not far from metuchen. My father who lives in queens also bought appliances from SeeMore. Shipping to queens was only $80 and shipping out of state can save you taxes.
Yeah, we just bought our washer and dryer from Seemore. It's a pleasure to deal w/ them.

Old 05-18-2009, 07:46 AM

5 posts, read 12,662 times
Karl's is reliable and has good prices; you can obtain a better price with the purchase of multiple appliances. You can negotiate delivery charge also.

Old 05-18-2009, 10:26 AM

228 posts, read 1,205,326 times
I'm ordering a new washer/dryer and fridge from AJMadison.com Since my total is over $2000 shipping with delivery inside the home is free. Their prices are very reasonable and there are sometimes rebates available.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey