Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2006, 08:03 PM

25 posts, read 53,162 times

Advertisements

My husband's company may be moving us to Trenton this summer. He will probably be working downtown. I would like to have advice on where we should live. I have two young children and want a safe place with good schools. We will probably only be there about 3 years(life of a software engineer), so renting is probably what we will do -- apartments are ok. My husband is willing to commute but of course would prefer the smallest commute time possible. Thanks ahead of time for information!
Tam
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2006, 03:39 PM

6,044 posts, read 24,093,179 times
Most of the nearby towns are nice with very good schools. Don't consider Trenton itself; I would also avoid the parts of Ewing, Lawrenceville, Hamilton, Bordentown, and Morrisville, PA that immediately border Trenton; the rest of these towns are nice or very nice. Any other areas of concern or interest? All of Pennington, Hopewell, Robbinsville (Washington Township), and West Windsor are very nice. East Windsor and Princeton are very nice but do have their own tiny ghetto areas. Just about all of Burlington County is fine, too. I would recommend checking The Times of Trenton for rental ads.

Old 11-29-2006, 06:41 PM

1,398 posts, read 7,705,445 times
I live in the Hopewell Pennington area....very safe..top notch school systems.
With I-95 nearby which intersects the freeway you can be into Trenton in short order. don''t waste your time looking in Trenton ...there are no "safe" sections

Old 04-04-2007, 11:22 AM

7 posts, read 28,530 times
For the record, Bordentown does NOT border Trenton (they're at least 5 miles apart) and is fine. I've lived there for years and have never felt unsafe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey