Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2017, 03:18 PM

5 posts, read 2,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
It is a highly congested area, but it has very good schools and a low crime rate.
As to rental costs, I'm not sure that you are looking at accurate information.
In the 08820, I am finding apartments within that range which will zone us for John Adams Middle School.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2017, 07:46 PM

15 posts, read 25,518 times
Hey I am a mom of 5 we are a blended family and my husband was born and raised in New York .. He still works in NYC near the world trade so he commutes every day.. He moved from NY to Jersey 3 years ago ...at first he hated it because we were living in Greenville a boro in Jersey City and we had no idea what to expect... we just moved to North Bergen In the beginning of the month and we just love it !!! My husband now walks 2 blocks to get to either the light rail on Tonnelle and 51st st or to the bus stop and it takes him between 35-40 minutes to get to work in NYC..As you know the light rail takes you all through Hoboken and Jersey City so you can grab the path from either place!! The crime is super low and the schools and quality of people seem to be very hard working and super nice.. The area is super relaxed! We were able to rent a 1st floor for $2,800 but we have a garage , back yard, and 2 floors in a 3 bed room 3 bath room brand new construct home with all water saving top of the line LG Energy saving appliance. (washer and dryer, dish washer, 2 door fridge and 5 gas range) they have a few more smaller apartments available because these houses were just built.. but the best thing I like about them is that Target, Home depot, "Walmart", BJs, staples and a ton of awesome shopping stores are literally with in 6-10 minutes away!!!!! Best move ever! Good luck and if you's like our realtors info just message me... I know how hard it is to find a good area t took us a while to find it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey