Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2017, 05:22 PM

13 posts, read 10,693 times

Advertisements

We recently moved to NJ after selling our house and are currently renting at Pike run. for the last few months we there is an increased construction activity around RT206 in and around the 206/griggstown corner. After poking around a bit understand that Hallmark builders are coming up with 2 communities Polo & Bridle starting at 670K so a few questions

1. What are the reviews for this builder? see nothing much on internet apart from having developed many communities around Monroe and elsewhere
2. At 670K any views on price point? bubble or realistic?
3. Apart from a retail/commercial planned around the corner. what other development is expected in this area?
4. Schools are good and new construction around this place has been scarce is what I am told, Is it true?

dont see anything in the forum so started a thread. all views and suggestions welcome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2017, 07:56 AM

any help - anyone?

Old 06-01-2017, 11:49 AM

4 posts, read 6,074 times
1) Hallmark builders have decent reputation. They have multiple projects ongoing in NJ and haven't seen any issues. I have heard they don't negotiate during the contract and on upgrades/prices. must be because of demand
2) Prices have already gone up. We visited the sales office last week and were told different prices for all model from what we knew of (someone had booked 3 weeks back)
3) Not sure about development but the project is on Rt 206 which already has shopping and basic things around it.
4) That should be right - not many new construction have come up in recent years. Area is well developed with excellent schools

Old 06-02-2017, 10:28 AM

378 posts, read 587,063 times
My $0.02:

All new construction is "overpriced." The new house premium doesn't last but a few years. If you go to sell after ~5 years, it's no longer new.

I also think most of NJ is in a housing bubble this year. There is little inventory (seller's market) and prices have increased too fast.

Old 06-12-2017, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikhilPat View Post
1) Hallmark builders have decent reputation. They have multiple projects ongoing in NJ and haven't seen any issues. I have heard they don't negotiate during the contract and on upgrades/prices. must be because of demand
2) Prices have already gone up. We visited the sales office last week and were told different prices for all model from what we knew of (someone had booked 3 weeks back)
3) Not sure about development but the project is on Rt 206 which already has shopping and basic things around it.
4) That should be right - not many new construction have come up in recent years. Area is well developed with excellent schools
We were initially considering the development but now after a the price increase we are kind off fizzled out. considering how the development is squeezed between Rt206 and railroad I am not sure of the premium feel at that price. with 750K+ price range we dont want to be stuck on a small piece of land at that price

Old 06-12-2017, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pruebas View Post
My $0.02:

All new construction is "overpriced." The new house premium doesn't last but a few years. If you go to sell after ~5 years, it's no longer new.

I also think most of NJ is in a housing bubble this year. There is little inventory (seller's market) and prices have increased too fast.

well the bubble is scary either ways...the rental prices havegone up too so I am at wits end on whether to burn rent money or be a slave to the bank.

yes, you are right, new is not new after a while specially at that price point which will take the most beating if the bubble was to burst

Old 06-12-2017, 10:22 PM

19 posts, read 27,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeneversettles View Post
.. if the bubble was to burst
So, what's your gut... will it?

Old 06-23-2017, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neolaving View Post
So, what's your gut... will it?
If only I could guess that....but I see it this way....you either pay the bank (in higher interest rates) or the builder/seller in higheer prices.....Looks like we are getting in a sellers market ...every property we have liked has sold at asking or better...we didnt bother to look at any over priced homes...

so I will stay put...as I know I cannot afford to go underwater on such a large investment...if my gut is wrong then I will accept I was meant to be a renter for a while longer

Old 06-29-2017, 09:25 PM

300 posts, read 913,920 times
Check commute traffic before cosidering anything related to route 206. You will regret if not prepared.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey