Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2017, 12:49 PM

4,029 posts, read 3,639,406 times

Advertisements

Who wants a relationship at 20? Sow your oats!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2017, 03:04 PM

19,128 posts, read 25,331,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HudsonCoNJ View Post
Who wants a relationship at 20?

It's all relative to a person's age, IMHO. At the age of 20, a "relationship" is not likely to last more than a few months.

Old 06-30-2017, 06:26 PM

32,940 posts, read 36,359,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Hahaha, I just had this conversation with a neighbor who stopped by when she saw me outside. Told her I made the last payment on my Toyota Corolla today, and that it's got 95K and I plan to keep it going but have to take it in for service. I'm tired of getting ripped off by the stealership, and she is going to give me her mechanic's name.

It reminded me, and I mentioned, that the only thing I do miss about my ex-husband is his excellent mechanical ability and his toolbox. He could fix anything when he was sober and sometimes even when he wasn't.
That'll run for years and many more miles if you take care of it. Lose the dealership. Did you get your car washed this year?

Thankfully, my son has become very handy. I made him learn how to unclog sinks and other things when he was young. His high school electronics teacher, Mr. Allen the Vietnam vet, taught him a lot. He learned how to fix cars by watching YouTube. Seriously. He rebuilt my engine when he was 21.

When he was 5, he asked me if he could take apart the phone, toaster, and anything else that was laying around.

Being handy is a serious magnet.

Old 06-30-2017, 06:39 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,698,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetraveler123 View Post
Hi. I live in the Middlesex county area in NJ. I am 20 years old and I am currently looking for a nice girlfriend that is in my age range. I was wondering what you guys think is the best NJ town or area to meet single girls.
you probably should locate yourself near rutgers.

Old 06-30-2017, 11:15 PM

15 posts, read 20,507 times
Wow! Thanks for the replies! And I currently attend a very diverse NJ college and it is just that it is not as easy to get a GF in college as I thought it would be since I have a lot to school work to focus on and other college girls have to focus on their school work to. And plus I'm not the best with social skills. And I so far tried out Tinder but I had no luck with it and I have built a really good Tinder profile to. I am thinking about trying out Match.com sometime soon. I would love to visit Manhattan a lot more often but my parents would never let me go into Manhattan alone as of now since they worry about me a lot. I'm going to see if I could visit the areas where the girls are at more often.

Old 07-01-2017, 01:40 AM

32,940 posts, read 36,359,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetraveler123 View Post
Wow! Thanks for the replies! And I currently attend a very diverse NJ college and it is just that it is not as easy to get a GF in college as I thought it would be since I have a lot to school work to focus on and other college girls have to focus on their school work to. And plus I'm not the best with social skills. And I so far tried out Tinder but I had no luck with it and I have built a really good Tinder profile to. I am thinking about trying out Match.com sometime soon. I would love to visit Manhattan a lot more often but my parents would never let me go into Manhattan alone as of now since they worry about me a lot. I'm going to see if I could visit the areas where the girls are at more often.
Go to school and become really smart. College is expensive these days. Take advantage of every dollar spent.

When you're 30 and prosperous, you are going to be a chick magnet.

Old 07-01-2017, 04:31 AM

862 posts, read 976,409 times
With the internet it is easier to meet women, back in my day there was no dating sites, fb ect.
When I was younger I did a share in a shore house, that might be a good idea when you are 21, but
you can play the field a bit, don't settle down with the first one you meet.

Old 07-01-2017, 06:59 AM

88,588 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
That'll run for years and many more miles if you take care of it. Lose the dealership. Did you get your car washed this year?

Thankfully, my son has become very handy. I made him learn how to unclog sinks and other things when he was young. His high school electronics teacher, Mr. Allen the Vietnam vet, taught him a lot. He learned how to fix cars by watching YouTube. Seriously. He rebuilt my engine when he was 21.

When he was 5, he asked me if he could take apart the phone, toaster, and anything else that was laying around.

Being handy is a serious magnet.
Haha. I got my car washed a couple of months ago.

Old 07-01-2017, 07:33 AM

4,029 posts, read 3,639,406 times
Here's a tip: don't tell girls you're a grown man and aren't allowed to cross state borders without your parents' permission.

Old 07-01-2017, 07:36 AM

19,128 posts, read 25,331,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HudsonCoNJ View Post
Here's a tip: don't tell girls you're a grown man and aren't allowed to cross state borders without your parents' permission.

+1
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey