Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2017, 05:17 AM

2 posts, read 4,701 times

Advertisements

I am planning to move to Flemington but as per https://www.greatschools.org data don't see much Indian population there. Can anyone suggest city close to Flemington with the good Indian population? Actually, I work in Oldwick, NJ and my husband work in Bristol, PA. so we are trying to find some city with the good Indian population on the west side of route 78. We found Bridgwater. It will be close to my office but too far for my husband. We checked pike run village, Belle Mead, NJ as well but 206 route is too slow to commute during office hours. Can anyone suggest city in between A.M. Best, Ambest Rd, Oldwick, NJ 08858
to Bristol, PA with the good Indian population or city. Please help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2017, 06:35 AM

860 posts, read 1,338,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shailaja.bhatnagar View Post
I am planning to move to Flemington but as per https://www.greatschools.org data don't see much Indian population there. Can anyone suggest city close to Flemington with the good Indian population? Actually, I work in Oldwick, NJ and my husband work in Bristol, PA. so we are trying to find some city with the good Indian population on the west side of route 78. We found Bridgwater. It will be close to my office but too far for my husband. We checked pike run village, Belle Mead, NJ as well but 206 route is too slow to commute during office hours. Can anyone suggest city in between A.M. Best, Ambest Rd, Oldwick, NJ 08858
Oh yeah cuz ya know, non-Indians are just the scum of the earth. Gave you a job, but not worth having as neighbors. At least your kids will end up Americans, no matter if you live in a Little India or not.

Old 07-31-2017, 08:26 AM

7 posts, read 14,694 times
why so much hate ? just because this person wants to be in a neighborhood with Indian population does not mean he hates non-indians.

Old 07-31-2017, 08:38 AM

2 posts, read 4,701 times
I love non-Indians . My kids can mix with any race that's why I live in this country And like people's of this country. Please don't take my thread in wrong conversations. Everyone one have their preferences.

Old 07-31-2017, 09:16 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,649,482 times
Quote:
I love non-Indians . My kids can mix with any race that's why I live in this country And like people's of this country. Please don't take my thread in wrong conversations. Everyone one have their preferences.
yes, everyone has preferences.

since you are not from this country, a little background might help you understand why your post (and countless others like it) are looked upon with disdain.

years ago it was common for white people to want to be in all white neighborhoods when buying or renting. at the same time, realtors were steering Blacks away from buying in white neighborhoods. in fact, many whites refused to sell their homes to Blacks.

it took actual laws to change that.

your post is the same. you are asking to live where their are certain people.

we do not do that anymore here in the United States.

Old 07-31-2017, 09:43 AM

2,509 posts, read 2,498,135 times
I don't think the OP meant anything by it. People ask these questions all of the time. And there's a thread right on here about passing Italian culture to your kids. It's not like white people don't care about this stuff either

Yes, we have laws against this as far as realtors and stuff but this is why people go to the internet and message boards, because they can't get real info anywhere anymore, about towns, demographics, school districts, nothing

OP, how about East Brunswick? You could take 287 and your husband could take 95 down

It sounds like you've ruled out driving on 206? If you haven't Hopewell is a nice town too.

Old 07-31-2017, 10:15 AM

19,128 posts, read 25,336,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
realtors were steering Blacks away from buying in white neighborhoods.
I have been told by several people--including folks who live there--that this is still taking place in the town of Clark.

Old 07-31-2017, 02:20 PM

3,026 posts, read 9,055,277 times
Quote:
Not much help with one of the commutes but some towns in Mercer Co. have good Indian representation.

West Windsor, Plainsboro and Robbinsville have good school districts, Indian grocery stores and places of worship.

The 14th annual Indo-American fair is held in Mercer County Park every fall, come and see what you think!

Indo American Fair

Old 07-31-2017, 09:43 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,260,457 times
Quote:
Moderator cut: Link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed

Last edited by Yac; 08-02-2017 at 05:58 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey