Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2017, 03:09 PM

2 posts, read 2,725 times

Advertisements

Hi all prospective buyers,
I am telling you from my experience about moving in to Stratford at Monroe
1) It took more than 1 year for me to move in from the date I signed the contract. They have clause of extending up to 6 months and will not come down to 1 month delay, from the set closing date.
2) They need 5% down when you sign and give you random date of closing which is at least 1 year later. They will not give you all subcontractor name or number.
3) I did not have any idea as to how much it will cost for upgrades. Started making rounds to all subcontractors, which is a real pain to get appointment and select things you want.
4) Remember you have to select cabinets, tiles, electric, appliance, flooring over the course of building construction.
5) Each supplier is very expensive and is hard to get appointment. Also some of them will force you to take some items and move on . like Tiles guy is very bad
6) Until the house is done, you have no idea how all combination is going to look.
7) I ended up paying another 30k just on basic upgrades

New phase is not worth paying 775k.
Instead of that if you find a existing home in the community, it is more than worth it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2017, 04:03 PM

11,350 posts, read 16,714,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivaji_in View Post
Hi all prospective buyers,
I am telling you from my experience about moving in to Stratford at Monroe
1) It took more than 1 year for me to move in from the date I signed the contract. They have clause of extending up to 6 months and will not come down to 1 month delay, from the set closing date.
2) They need 5% down when you sign and give you random date of closing which is at least 1 year later. They will not give you all subcontractor name or number.
3) I did not have any idea as to how much it will cost for upgrades. Started making rounds to all subcontractors, which is a real pain to get appointment and select things you want.
4) Remember you have to select cabinets, tiles, electric, appliance, flooring over the course of building construction.
5) Each supplier is very expensive and is hard to get appointment. Also some of them will force you to take some items and move on . like Tiles guy is very bad
6) Until the house is done, you have no idea how all combination is going to look.
7) I ended up paying another 30k just on basic upgrades

New phase is not worth paying 775k.
Instead of that if you find a existing home in the community, it is more than worth it.
..and the reason you didn't walk away at the first meeting was???

Old 10-26-2017, 02:43 PM

4 posts, read 6,075 times
When did you sign the contract and which phase is this for?

Old 10-26-2017, 02:54 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,716,602 times
how much more did you pay for "upgrades?" i believe when we looked at a toll brothers house they said you should expect to pay another 25% in "upgrades." im fuzzy on the numbers at this point but it was going to be very substantial but they did say this upfront.

Old 10-26-2017, 03:47 PM

3,992 posts, read 2,460,570 times
waiting for the new construction bubble for Monroe to pop....

Old 10-27-2017, 01:31 PM

1,041 posts, read 3,013,658 times
just passing this along as an FYI

Hundreds of new homes in N.J. were built with toxic chemical | NJ.com

Old 10-30-2017, 10:09 PM

300 posts, read 914,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan53 View Post
This is causing massive shortage of classrooms, heard from several sources Monroe is going back to trailers. What an administration, they have approved 4000 single family and townhouses last 15 years. As if COAH burden applies only to Monroe. And when this new construction bubble pops resident are left with 500 million bond payments.

Old 10-31-2017, 08:39 AM

186 posts, read 175,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan53 View Post
Not just Monroe but all of NJ. Homes will be losing equity for overpaid homes.

Old 11-01-2017, 03:05 PM

2 posts, read 2,725 times
Development is nice. Builder is horrible. They had Weyerhaeuser issue and did not take care of buyers. Never told buyers that some ones house is affected

Old 11-01-2017, 04:22 PM

3,992 posts, read 2,460,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retired58 View Post
Not just Monroe but all of NJ. Homes will be losing equity for overpaid homes.
it's a huge bubble in Monroe and the Brunswicks esp...the vast overpriced new homes compared to resales...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey