Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2017, 01:23 PM

4,940 posts, read 12,146,620 times

Advertisements

I have been a Prime member for several years. In the past, 2 day shipping meant 2 days. So if I ordered something on Thursday it would arrive on Saturday. A Friday order would arrive on Sunday. I have noticed over the last 6 months or so they are no longer delivering anything on weekends. I just went to place an order today and it says delivery is on Monday with 2-day shipping. That sounds like 4 days to me.

I know they still do make some deliveries on weekends because I see the truck in my neighborhood once in a while. So what do you have to do to get this? Do they prioritize for people that spend more money?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2017, 01:25 PM

1,883 posts, read 2,827,755 times
the delivery service has been going down recently, what you described is normal.

Old 11-16-2017, 02:04 PM

9,317 posts, read 21,004,968 times
Amazon Sunday, comes down to volume, If your post office will get enough amazon volume to deliver at least "1" carrier load (around 6-7 hours of work) with X packages delivery per hours Amazon works with the USPS to do the deliveries.

If the deliveries are to "Far Apart" they won't. So Sunday Delivery are mostly in Urban & Suburban areas. (Also they need carriers who are "willing to work")

Old 11-16-2017, 07:36 PM

1,352 posts, read 1,531,382 times
I think it really depends on where the fuflillment center where the item you ordered is. Amazon seems to place items in different centers depending on the volume the item is ordered. I've still gotten shipments on Sundays, when you place the order before you commit to it Amazon tells you when to expect delivery and when the item will ship. In some ways I don't understand it but Prime does offer 2 day shipping, but if the fulfillment center itself won't have the item until Monday, they won't ship till then, the item will then arrive on Wednesday. This fulfills their "2 day shipping commitment". Even though you ordered the item on Thursday or Friday.
If the item doesn't arrive on the expected day and you are a prime member contact Amazon and complain. They'll either extend your prime membership for a month or give you a credit on your account or something. I actually managed to get a whole year of Prime membership, one month extension at a time.

Old 11-16-2017, 10:03 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,705,684 times
I ordered a bunch of stuff like 8 items, they're all small stuff. Fits in one long box. On Saturday morning, door bell rang. A small box was outside from Amazon, there are 2 items inside.

By noon time I got another package for 4 more items.

I left the house and came home around 9pm and there was another Amazon box outside on my door step for the remaining items.

Another time, I got a door bell at 8:30pm and a Amazon delivery truck was outside and handed me my item.

This week I ordered a laptop that is about $800, they left it outside my door step. It shows delivery around 5pm, it's been sitting outside for about 2 hours. My wife who was inside the house said nobody rang the door bell. Somebody could've stole the package.

Old 11-17-2017, 06:48 AM

110 posts, read 181,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
This week I ordered a laptop that is about $800, they left it outside my door step. It shows delivery around 5pm, it's been sitting outside for about 2 hours. My wife who was inside the house said nobody rang the door bell. Somebody could've stole the package.
For laptops, I found that a better deal is to order from Costco website. Same or lower price plus it comes with a total of 4 year warranty (if you purchase it using their citi credit card). If you are not happy with the purchase, it can be returned in their store within some time.

Old 11-17-2017, 07:40 AM

4,940 posts, read 12,146,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post

Last year I ordered a $350 pair of Bose wireless headphones. Amazon delivered them to me at 9pm in a cheap, flimsy padded envelope. On another occasion I ordered a $5 bottle of aftershave and it was delivered in a nice, sturdy double box with inside padding. Go figure.

Old 11-17-2017, 08:15 AM

9,317 posts, read 21,004,968 times
There is a difference between Amazon/Amazon Fulfillment and the Amazon MarketPlace.

If its the MarketPlace, Amazon passes the order off to them, they merchant does the fulfillment, and packing, shipping (Sometime thru a drop shipper, to add in another layer). "Amazon" has nothing to do with it other then being the order platform, taking a sales commission.

If its purchased from Amazon Directly, or Thru a merchant that uses Amazon for there fulfillment, Amazon Controls the entire process.

I've always found when Amazon does it directly the quality of the packaging, sleep of delivery are much better then if it comes from the marketplace.

Old 11-17-2017, 11:56 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,828,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyonpa View Post
There is a difference between Amazon/Amazon Fulfillment and the Amazon MarketPlace.

If its the MarketPlace, Amazon passes the order off to them, they merchant does the fulfillment, and packing, shipping (Sometime thru a drop shipper, to add in another layer). "Amazon" has nothing to do with it other then being the order platform, taking a sales commission.

If its purchased from Amazon Directly, or Thru a merchant that uses Amazon for there fulfillment, Amazon Controls the entire process.

I've always found when Amazon does it directly the quality of the packaging, sleep of delivery are much better then if it comes from the marketplace .

Lol especially if it's being shipped by China Post.. Luckily, it was nothing but a "filler" item, but an estimated delivery date of 12/27? LMAO!

The thing that annoys me, though, is that there was no CP notation anywhere when I placed the order, because I'd like to avoid it in the future.

I'm not a prime member, and opt for free shipping when available because speed isn't an issue. Deliveries have generally been fast, but not as fast as Walmart, Jet--or Chewy.

Old 11-17-2017, 03:29 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,705,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcticBlast View Post
For laptops, I found that a better deal is to order from Costco website. Same or lower price plus it comes with a total of 4 year warranty (if you purchase it using their citi credit card). If you are not happy with the purchase, it can be returned in their store within some time.
I agree if Costco carried more variety. It was a good deal because it was Amazon warehouse deal for a $1299 laptop I found it for $800.

Amazon warehouse in NJ has been a hit or miss I think is attributed to the local workforce. It was't like this when their shipping warehouse only came from 1-2 places. Now it's either from 1 of 5 warehouses nearby and the quality went down but hey few competition left like Costco and Microcenter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: