Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2017, 06:58 PM

857 posts, read 835,091 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nybbler View Post
There's a Rolex dealer at the Short Hills Mall, right next door to Livingston. And you can check out the new Bentleys while you're there.
There is a Ferrari dealership along with a Bentley dealership right next door from Metuchen in Edison. It makes things very convenient. I don’t always drive but when I do...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2017, 07:02 PM

Seriously Metuchen is a great town for kids. Lot of community events and a growing downtown. Not everyone cruises around in Ferrari’s blinged out with the likes of Rolex like myself but then no place is perfect.

Old 11-20-2017, 07:04 PM

Quote:
There's a Rolex dealer at the Short Hills Mall, right next door to Livingston. And you can check out the new Bentleys while you're there.
You see what I did there don’t ya? I saw Your Bentley and raised you a Ferrari.

Old 11-20-2017, 08:32 PM

10,222 posts, read 19,216,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal1 View Post
You see what I did there don’t ya? I saw Your Bentley and raised you a Ferrari.
Couldn't hear you 'cause I had the top down in my Porsche. A bit plebian but a good daily driver, and it's economical to keep a spare.

Old 11-21-2017, 04:48 AM

Quote:
Couldn't hear you 'cause I had the top down in my Porsche. A bit plebian but a good daily driver, and it's economical to keep a spare.
Agreed. I do also highly recommend them. If one has the means.

Old 11-23-2017, 05:48 AM

18,466 posts, read 15,253,662 times
Quote:
Agreed. I do also highly recommend them. If one has the means.
Abe? Is that you? Abe Froman, the sausage king of Metuchen?

Old 11-23-2017, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Abe? Is that you? Abe Froman, the sausage king of Metuchen?
Shhh! I’m just trying to get seated.

Old 11-23-2017, 10:28 AM

18,466 posts, read 15,253,662 times
Quote:
Shhh! I’m just trying to get seated.
Well, I'm suggesting that you leave before I have to get snooty.

Old 11-26-2017, 06:20 PM

3 posts, read 3,906 times
Quote:
The elementary school has been great so far. What would you like to know?
Where do you have to commute to?
Can you tell me more about quality of teachers, principal, educational environment? I am also looking to learn more about the various afterschool related activities, resources in the schools for kids- guidance counselor, special needs services, etc.

I would also like to know more about the facilities in the township.

Thanks!

Old 11-27-2017, 04:45 AM

We have had great experiences with the primary school. The school itself is rated fairly high (8 out of 10) depending on which list you believe. I’m not sure how to go about rating the teachers except to say that they have all been responsive and seemed engaged. Take a look at the website. They have various after school clubs. For working parents they have an after school program. There is also an after school program at the YMCA which is a beautiful facility.
The town pool is very nice and cost about 300 dollars for a family membership.
The town itself always has a lot going on. Parades, fairs, zombie walks eat. The downtown as I mentioned before is experiencing a rapid growth spurt. Whole Foods and much more brand new retail space. If you have no plans for New Year’s Eve make a dinner reservation in town and stay for the fire works that will be in the new Town Square.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey