Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 11:02 AM
sj3

118 posts, read 634,703 times

Advertisements

I dont agree with that comment about Monroe is just as good.
There are many older homes in EB and I can tell you that EB has a lot to offer. There are tons of programs for the children, the schools are excellent, it is safe.
I say start looking around EB - you won't be disappointed in the quality of life if you end up there. The surrounding towns really do not compare.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2008, 02:01 PM

687 posts, read 3,252,140 times
Quote:
Is Monroe Just as good?
No--the schools are fine, and if you like wide open space, then Monroe is a good option. But if having excelllent schools is a high priority, then EB is your best possibility if your husband takes that job.

Old 03-25-2008, 09:18 PM

828 posts, read 3,138,651 times
If being 72 and living in a community with a nearby golf course is important then Monroe would be the choice.

Other than that...East Brunswick.

Old 03-25-2008, 11:34 PM

1,289 posts, read 6,098,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LFG View Post
Is Monroe Just as good?
Unfortunately no because of the schools. The only comparable towns to East Brunswick with schools would probably be South Brunswick in Middlesex County. East Brunswick has one of the best, if not the best schools in the county.

Old 05-20-2008, 01:33 PM

9 posts, read 45,748 times
Monroe Township has excellent school systems without the taxes. I grew up in East Brunswick and moved out because i couldn't afford my home with the taxes. I moved to Monroe.

Old 05-20-2008, 06:13 PM

185 posts, read 755,376 times
Smile I grew up in East Brunswick

Great schools, great amenities, hate Rt. 18 with all the traffic.

I raised my children in South Brunswick, which is a great community also, with good schools. Houses are somewhat pricey. You might find a decent townhouse in your price range. Taxes are crazy high, but that's all over NJ, imo.

Best to you.

Old 05-20-2008, 07:24 PM

16 posts, read 63,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LFG View Post
My husband might get a job in EB and we have two children. I'm a stay-at-home mom and wondering if this is the best place for us to raise our family. How high are taxes, and are there surrounding towns that have comparable schools?
I've lived in EB for 24 years. You cannot beat it for schools, activities, shopping, transportation. People move here just for the schools. As to taxes, you get what you pay for.

Old 05-20-2008, 10:04 PM

1,289 posts, read 6,098,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homelesssoon View Post
I've lived in EB for 24 years. You cannot beat it for schools, activities, shopping, transportation. People move here just for the schools. As to taxes, you get what you pay for.
As a realtor, that is the number one reason I hear for people moving to EB. People just love the school system but of course that comes at a price, which is high taxes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey