Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2018, 11:19 AM

55 posts, read 49,982 times

Advertisements

I'm looking for a long term parking lot near Newark. Price is not an issue. Mainly looking for somewhere away from all the major construction off of I-1 and 9 near Newark Airport, read to avoid that whole area. I found a lot 3 miles from the airport away from the construction but in the city of Newark itself. Its called Snap Parking. Its valet so my car would be safe. Just wondering how safe the area is for me to be driving through the area alone, a 61 year old female. Its off of highway 78 East and located on Frelinghuysen Avenue.

Last edited by NJcruiser01; 04-15-2018 at 12:03 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2018, 11:51 AM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJcruiser01 View Post
I'm looking for a long term parking lot near Newark. Price is not an issue. Mainly looking for somewhere away from all the major construction off of I-1 and 9 near Newark Airport. I found a lot 3 miles from the airport away from the construction but in the city of Newark itself. Its called Snap Parking. Its valet so my car would be safe. Just wondering how safe the area is for me to be driving through the area alone. Its off of highway 78 East and located on Frelinghuysen Avenue.
I parked at one a few years ago called SkyPark. They brought you to your terminal and picked you up when you came home. This is probably the same type of deal.

You should be fine driving through Newark alone, unless maybe in the dead of night in one of the really bad neighborhoods. I go to Newark alone to my doctor on MLK Boulevard, besides business meetings or events near Newark Penn that I have walked to. I'm almost 60 and female. I'm not afraid of Newark.

Old 04-16-2018, 07:33 AM

538 posts, read 733,616 times
I usually park at 'Newark Airport Long Term Parking'. They have both self-park and valet and shuttles to/from the terminals (you can also pay extra to be picked up in your car at the terminal, but I've never done that).

It's off I-78 and I've never had any problems getting to it. It's probably not substantially different from SNAP parking. As far as either location, you're not likely to run into any problems. The SNAP parking is a few blocks up from the MVC. It's a fairly industrial area, I wouldn't go there for a picnic, but you're not going to get caught in the middle of a gang war or whatever you might be worried about.

Old 04-16-2018, 07:34 AM

69 posts, read 93,909 times
I usually use Parking Spot when I go to Newark. Its off the major highways but you don't have to go into the city. They shuttle you to the gate and pick you up when you get back. They have nice, gated lots and the people are typically friendly and helpful.

Old 04-16-2018, 08:03 AM

7,221 posts, read 11,937,206 times
We always use Jiffy Park (formerly Newark Liberty Parking) and have no issues getting in an out. It's on Haynes Avenue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: