Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2017, 04:12 PM

10 posts, read 17,781 times

Advertisements

Is this worth looking at?
(schools not impt, but transportation for health caregivers is)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2017, 04:15 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,718,910 times
Do you really want all the meth labs and heroin depots shutdown?

Old 07-13-2017, 04:22 PM

5,773 posts, read 16,596,404 times
Asbury Park has been on the upswing for about a decade or more and the entire area keeps getting better. Similar in Long branch and communities between these two. Just today I saw about 4 or 5 tall multistory cranes at various new sites between these 2 sites.

You need to check it out just to see if you feel "at home" around these communities yourself. Of course as in many NJ towns there are various parts of towns, various ages of housing, etc.

Old 07-17-2017, 10:48 AM

10,486 posts, read 7,019,483 times
Asbury Park is still one of the most dangerous cities in America (more dangerous then Newark, Camden or Paterson). Was just down there and unless you're a hipster or gay, no reason to buy, unless you want to become a victim of rape, murder or theft.

Moderator cut: Link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed

Last edited by Yac; 08-02-2017 at 06:58 AM..

Old 07-17-2017, 02:56 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,675,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
Asbury Park is still one of the most dangerous cities in America (more dangerous then Newark, Camden or Paterson). Was just down there and unless you're a hipster or gay, no reason to buy, unless you want to become a victim of rape, murder or theft.

Nope don't by it for a min. Yes Asbury has it's crime and without a doubt there are bad parts that have serious crime but to try and sell me it's worse than Newark or Camden...Camden,no.

Old 07-17-2017, 03:02 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,721,342 times
asbury park has become a popular place for my contemporaries to hang out. so i have been there a few times. i always complain about the parking but ultimately always have a good time (really thanks to friends not the area). we have done lunch at cubacan a couple of times for mother's day. when we walk to the boardwalk i always say that it looks like pier village in long branch after the apocalypse. im not a fan. i think the prices in more desirable locations are already high and any deals will come with an undesirable spot. i wouldnt recommend living there to pretty much anyone.

Old 07-17-2017, 03:05 PM

3,992 posts, read 2,461,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
asbury park has become a popular place for my contemporaries to hang out. so i have been there a few times. i always complain about the parking but ultimately always have a good time (really thanks to friends not the area). we have done lunch at cubacan a couple of times for mother's day. when we walk to the boardwalk i always say that it looks like pier village in long branch after the apocalypse. im not a fan. i think the prices in more desirable locations are already high and any deals will come with an undesirable spot. i wouldnt recommend living there to pretty much anyone.
agree- If you were looking for gentrification possibilities I'd stick to Long Branch- think that will be the one that pops much sooner.....or Highlands over by the ferry fit's out of a flood zone or built to new codes/standards.

Old 07-17-2017, 04:37 PM

10,486 posts, read 7,019,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
Nope don't by it for a min. Yes Asbury has it's crime and without a doubt there are bad parts that have serious crime but to try and sell me it's worse than Newark or Camden...Camden,no.
Look at the stats I referenced and it will surprise you.

Old 07-17-2017, 07:25 PM

12,883 posts, read 14,001,616 times
Quote:

Old 07-17-2017, 07:31 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,756,084 times
Quote:
Look at the stats I referenced and it will surprise you.
Couldn't this be a case where the crime rate is inflated because during the summer you have a lot of tourists flocking in, and so you have more crime, but because the year-round residents number is still low, it gets skewed? Similar thing with Atlantic City.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey