Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2018, 08:31 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,478,770 times

Advertisements

you're going to have to buy in kearney or lyndhurst
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2018, 09:12 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,705,684 times
Harrison is messy, parking situation is bad and hardly anything is walkable around unless you live near the PATH and nothing opens late and you have to use uber or car to get groceries. PATH on the weekends is horribly slow. I would avoid the area as it will become like Jersey city where they never properly planned traffic situation and just throw a ton of apt buildings.

Old 08-20-2018, 05:23 PM

1,931 posts, read 3,413,883 times
https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...-99438?view=qv

I grew up in Harrison and this isn't terrible. Right next to a nice park and lower price.

Old 08-21-2018, 02:40 PM

10,482 posts, read 6,999,249 times
Harrison has just become a hub for commuters. Its been bought up by Corporate housing and people wanting easy access to nyc. Ive noticed people rent or buy and leave in a year when looking at other options. There isn't a sense of a community or nightlife for a 23 year old.

Old 08-27-2018, 06:59 PM

23 posts, read 33,983 times
Thanks for the feedback everyone.

I actually considered apartments in Westchester near my budget but MetroNorth fare is an arm and a leg

Old 08-31-2018, 08:48 PM

3,771 posts, read 1,524,054 times
Consider Fort lee. Commute into port authority by bus in 35-45 minutes.
Somewhat walkable town, lots of restaurants and very safe.

Old 08-31-2018, 09:03 PM

23 posts, read 33,983 times
I walked around Harrison a few times this month: Saturday night after dinner and drinks in the city (sober), a couple of weeknights and on a Saturday afternoon. The town is pretty small and walkable with a lot of restaurants and small businesses as well as your typical large chain stores. I really like the small town feel of Harrison.

As I work on 40th and Lex, I found going from Harrison to Journal Square to 33rd Street and walking the several blocks to be a shorter commute than from Harrison to WTC to Grand Central by almost 10 minutes. However, it was one trial. PATH seems to be getting more and more crowded but at least officials are more aware of growing ridership instead of MTA ignoring problems for decades.

Old 09-19-2018, 11:35 AM

168 posts, read 128,922 times
Harrison is generally safe, but don't forget it's neighboring cities.

Quote:
Two men were shot — one is dead — following an early Sunday morning shooting in Harrison near Harrison Avenue and Frank E. Rodgers Boulevard, the Hudson County Prosecutor’s Office said through its spokesman, Raymond Worrall.
Via Worrall, Prosecutor Esther Suarez released the following information about the homicide:
On Sunday, Sept. 16, 2018, at approximately 4:25 a.m., the Harrison Police Department received a report of a motor-vehicle crash with a pedestrian struck in the area of Harrison Avenue and Frank E. Rodgers Boulevard. Responding officers found the lifeless body of a man lying next to a GMC Yukon that had impacted a pole and landed on the sidewalk in the area of 402 Harrison Ave., Harrison.
The man, later identified as Shadi Miles, 31, of Newark, was found with an apparent gunshot wound to his torso. He was pronounced dead at the scene at approximately 4:55 a.m. The cause and manner of death are pending an investigation by the Regional Medical Examiner’s Office.
The preliminary investigation found that a second man had also been shot. He has been identified as Joseph Bossie, 19, of East Orange. Investigators believe that Miles and Bossie were traveling in the same GMC Yukon that crashed into to the pole. The investigation found that Bossie fled from the Yukon and subsequently, in the area of Warren Street, he forcibly robbed an individual of his bicycle and pistol whipped him.
Bossie then managed to get himself to University Hospital in Newark, where he received treatment for apparent gunshot wounds to his face and a lower extremity.
Bossie has been charged with armed robbery in violation of N.J.S. 2C:15-1, a first-degree crime; possession of a weapon (handgun) for an unlawful purpose in violation of N.J.S. 2C:39-4, a second-degree crime; and unlawful possession of a weapon (Handgun) in violation of N.J.S. 39-5, a second-degree crime.
Suarez credited the Hudson County Prosecutor’s Office Homicide Unit and the Harrison Police Department with the arrest.
The Prosecutor’s Homicide Unit is actively investigating this case with assistance from the Harrison Police Department. Anyone with information is asked to contact the Office of the Hudson County Prosecutor at 201-915-1345 or to leave an anonymous tip at: Hudson County Prosecutors Office NJ | Homicide Tip. All information will be kept confidential.
The above charges are merely accusations, and the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty. R.P.C.3.6(b)(6).
Check back with The Observer for updates to this developing story.
2 men shot, one fatally, in Harrison – The Observer Online

Incident like this are an exception, but you never know.

Old 09-19-2018, 02:47 PM

702 posts, read 540,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygent View Post
Harrison is generally safe, but don't forget it's neighboring cities.

Incident like this are an exception, but you never know.

Yup, that's why I never go to the Short Hills Mall.

Old 09-19-2018, 09:57 PM

10,222 posts, read 19,213,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackjack2000 View Post
Yup, that's why I never go to the Short Hills Mall.
I go, but I leave the range rover at home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey