Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2018, 09:51 PM

60 posts, read 51,449 times

Advertisements

Im found a good deal at Bayonne and i'm trying to plan ahead. I, and 3 of my family are sharing an apartment and we all work in Manhattan.

I've heard a lot of bad stuff about Greenville, and my place in Bayonne is so close to it. I don't want to take any chances; i have this fear that the bus headed or going back to Journal Square passes by Greenville, which means that potential gang members can come in the bus or something. Are there ways to get to Manhattan with out worrying about Greenville?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2018, 01:00 PM

3,305 posts, read 3,868,278 times
So you think all the potential gang members are going to be getting on the bus during rush hour to make it to their jobs in Manhattan?

If you are planning on taking the bus home at 10 at night that would be one thing, but Bayonne is at the end of a peninsula that borders Greenville, there's no way buses are going to not go through it, that's how buses work.

Why don't you just travel to Bayonne via the bus and see how it goes and if there's anything truly for you to worry about?

Old 09-04-2018, 09:07 PM

60 posts, read 51,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymoney View Post
So you think all the potential gang members are going to be getting on the bus during rush hour to make it to their jobs in Manhattan?
I lived in Queens for 3 years, there were times where shady people would get in to start something for no reason. I heard Greenville is a very dangerous area which is why I am taking precaution.
Yes, there will be commuting both day and late at night.

Old 09-05-2018, 11:41 AM

3,305 posts, read 3,868,278 times
So look up the data, don't rely on hearsay.

Old 09-05-2018, 12:45 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,095,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cisco2 View Post
Im found a good deal at Bayonne and i'm trying to plan ahead. I, and 3 of my family are sharing an apartment and we all work in Manhattan.

I've heard a lot of bad stuff about Greenville, and my place in Bayonne is so close to it. I don't want to take any chances; i have this fear that the bus headed or going back to Journal Square passes by Greenville, which means that potential gang members can come in the bus or something. Are there ways to get to Manhattan with out worrying about Greenville?
Buses are safe havens. You have a bus driver there at all times and cameras on the bus. The bus would be a terribly stupid place to commit a crime.

I used to take the bus from Astoria through Harlem (M60) back when Harlem was still Harlem, and if anything I got some real entertaining stories out of it.

If you want to be totally away from any unsavory elements, you can drive into the city, or drive to the ferry or PATH, and pay for parking. But then, I would question why you moved where you did in the first place and why you didn't move to a place like Secaucus.

Old 10-11-2018, 06:22 PM

32 posts, read 36,865 times
Most people mind their business on the bus. You may get a few unsavory folks on them at night but, otherwise you should be fine. I've taken the bus through Greenville a million times at all hours. The one annoying thing to deal with would be the rowdy kids that get out of school in the afternoon and crowd up the buses.

Old 11-29-2018, 08:01 AM

3 posts, read 5,353 times
Greenville is pretty crappy and everyone In Bayonne
Wishes it would just disappear. They should never have
Built light rail stops there, no one pays their fare at those stops.
You do have punk ass thugs that you will come across
From time to time.

Old 12-07-2018, 06:44 AM

857 posts, read 834,829 times
Greenville is very safe now. All the gang members have moved to the mountains in Va.

Old 12-07-2018, 06:47 AM

857 posts, read 834,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
Buses are safe havens. You have a bus driver there at all times and cameras on the bus. The bus would be a terribly stupid place to commit a crime.

I used to take the bus from Astoria through Harlem (M60) back when Harlem was still Harlem, and if anything I got some real entertaining stories out of it.

If you want to be totally away from any unsavory elements, you can drive into the city, or drive to the ferry or PATH, and pay for parking. But then, I would question why you moved where you did in the first place and why you didn't move to a place like Secaucus.
Just drive your fancy car. We all have one. Except Potato potanto.

Old 12-07-2018, 08:19 AM

2,160 posts, read 4,966,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymoney View Post
Bayonne is at the end of a peninsula that borders Greenville, there's no way buses are going to not go through it, that's how buses work.
That's not how terrestrial buses work. But he can take one of the NJ Transit Tesseract bus lines. The #1000T line goes from Bayonne to JSQ via wormhole. Duh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey