Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2019, 04:07 PM

1,845 posts, read 1,494,151 times

Advertisements

I am 20 and I got my license (probationary license) back in 2015 on my 17th birthday in June. My license says it expires on June 30 and I heard NJ changed the law saying that license expires on your birthday. The issue is I am turning 21 in June and I hope to god I do not have "Under 21" written on my license. I really do not want to be refused to be served alcohol due to that phrase written on there. I heard the state of New York has that. Will I be able to renew my license after my June birthday before June 30th?

Also, I have a seatbelt violation and I have a speeding ticket (which I will knock down from 4 points to 2 points). Will that ruin my chances of renewing my license?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2019, 04:58 PM

3,305 posts, read 3,869,313 times
You see how it says it expires on the 30th? It says that because it expires on the 30th.

Old 04-16-2019, 05:01 PM

1,845 posts, read 1,494,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymoney View Post
You see how it says it expires on the 30th? It says that because it expires on the 30th.
Do I still follow that expiration date, or does the law alter the meaning of what my license says?

Old 04-16-2019, 05:22 PM

2,160 posts, read 4,966,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by potanta View Post
I am 20 and I got my license (probationary license) back in 2015 on my 17th birthday in June. My license says it expires on June 30 and I heard NJ changed the law saying that license expires on your birthday. The issue is I am turning 21 in June and I hope to god I do not have "Under 21" written on my license. I really do not want to be refused to be served alcohol due to that phrase written on there. I heard the state of New York has that. Will I be able to renew my license after my June birthday before June 30th?

Also, I have a seatbelt violation and I have a speeding ticket (which I will knock down from 4 points to 2 points). Will that ruin my chances of renewing my license?
I hear you. What's your drink of choice? Beer, wine, spirits? I think you're probably a cocktail guy.

I have some bar tending experience, and here are the signature cocktails I would create for you:

Potanta Colada
(instead of rum, substitute Four Loko)

Potantatini
(instead of gin and vermouth, Smirnoff Ice and your mother's leftover Franzia)

Bloody Potanta
(instead of vodka & tomato juice, Colt 45 & grenadine)

Old 04-16-2019, 06:16 PM

860 posts, read 1,338,252 times
Dude. If your license says under 21 but the date of birth proves you’re over 21 it’s not an issue. People can do the math buddy.

Old 04-16-2019, 08:33 PM

3,305 posts, read 3,869,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by potanta View Post
Do I still follow that expiration date, or does the law alter the meaning of what my license says?

Old 04-16-2019, 09:35 PM

7,055 posts, read 19,312,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Docendo discimus View Post
The NJ forum needs a "potanta Driving Mayhem" sub forum.

//www.city-data.com/forum/new-j...et-should.html
//www.city-data.com/forum/new-j...ie-saying.html
//www.city-data.com/forum/new-j...trip-june.html
//www.city-data.com/forum/new-j...cop-light.html
//www.city-data.com/forum/new-j...insurance.html
//www.city-data.com/forum/new-j...people-nj.html
//www.city-data.com/forum/new-j...wer-worse.html
//www.city-data.com/forum/new-j...ne-see-my.html
//www.city-data.com/forum/new-j...-happened.html
//www.city-data.com/forum/new-j...ople-idle.html
//www.city-data.com/forum/new-j...t-general.html
//www.city-data.com/forum/new-j...rth-wayne.html
//www.city-data.com/forum/new-j...mons-no-u.html
//www.city-data.com/forum/new-j...-my-car-i.html
//www.city-data.com/forum/new-j...ayne-suck.html
//www.city-data.com/forum/new-j...stares-my.html
//www.city-data.com/forum/new-j...rs-summer.html
//www.city-data.com/forum/new-j...ople-said.html
//www.city-data.com/forum/new-j...dmv-staff.html
//www.city-data.com/forum/new-j...ccident-i.html
//www.city-data.com/forum/new-j...ew-jersey.html
This body of work suggests he should probably not have a drivers license.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey