Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 02:31 PM

5,616 posts, read 15,516,009 times

Advertisements

interesting crust, what does the crust taste like, pie crust?? Never had cheesecake in pie crust, interesting. Can you make this crustless???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2008, 02:35 PM

2,179 posts, read 6,716,129 times
no no. I have one of those semi-deep pans that has a hinge on the side to get the cheesecake out once it cools.

The crust is a little dense (I like it heavy) but it can be reduced I'm sure.

Old 11-05-2008, 03:08 PM

5,616 posts, read 15,516,009 times
gonna try it next time I go off low carb. Right now I have been being good. I have not had any binges since the last time, I think I am still recovering from that last binge two weeks ago!! Ohh what they say about carb coma's ring so true! Thanks I am writing this recipe down! I will fill you in sweetheart!

Old 01-06-2009, 06:36 AM

4 posts, read 11,569 times
michele lorie cheesecakes has closed their doors. angelo's cheesecakes on whitehorse mercerville rd carries brooklyn cheesecakes baked in fairfield nj(!!!) which is pretty good.

Old 01-06-2009, 06:44 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,760,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HobokenGuy View Post
no no. I have one of those semi-deep pans that has a hinge on the side to get the cheesecake out once it cools.

The crust is a little dense (I like it heavy) but it can be reduced I'm sure.

That's called a springform pan. I need a new one and am having the hardest time finding it.

I like to make a cheesecake called a Mexican Cheesecake. It is NOT a dessert, it's an appetizer that you serve with tortillas. It's not the easiest thing in the world to make as you must start it 12 hours before you plan on actually making it to make the yogurt cheese.

My mouth's watering thinking about it.

Old 10-18-2009, 03:22 PM

4 posts, read 11,569 times
Default s & s cheesecake

i am repeating myself but s & s cheesecake is the best. when i tell friends about it they never heard of s & s!! may still be on morton' dessert menu. otherwise i have to go to zabars or s & s in the bronx.

Old 10-18-2009, 05:14 PM

1,542 posts, read 6,039,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Songbird42 View Post
Steve, ya want great chessecake, try:
S & S Cheesecake
222 W. 238th St.
Bronx, NY
(718) 549-3888

It beats Juniors from Brooklyn, I believe they will ship.........I tried Juniors
expensive and with shipping $$$$.....got to say nothing better than cheesecake from da Bronx...........ha, this Bronx girl still has her heart in NJ.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jack m View Post
i am repeating myself but s & s cheesecake is the best. when i tell friends about it they never heard of s & s!! may still be on morton' dessert menu. otherwise i have to go to zabars or s & s in the bronx.
i have to agree 100%. s & s in the bronx bakes the best cheesecake i've ever had, and it isn't even close. junior's isn't in the same league as far as i'm concerned, and that's coming from someone who likes their cheesecakes, too.

s & s has weird hours, though (i think they're only open mon-fri from 9-3), and they're a bakery/warehouse rather than a cafe, so it's take-out only.

if you can't make it to the bronx, you can buy their cheesecake at zabar's on the upper west side of manhattan, as jack has already mentioned. their cheesecakes are also served at several prominent manhattan steakhouses.

Zagat's #1 Rated S&S Cheesecake
S & S Cheesecake - Kingsbridge - Bronx, NY

another place in nyc with great cheesecakes is eileen's special cheesecake, which is located near soho in lower manhattan.

http://www.eileenscheesecake.com/
http://www.yelp.com/biz/eileens-spec...ecake-new-york
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey