Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2019, 08:52 PM

3,305 posts, read 3,870,328 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
What intersection is this Container Park?
https://goo.gl/maps/CDupnESq6ujVLZR67

When you see the giant preying mantis out front you'll know you're there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2019, 07:08 PM

2,257 posts, read 5,189,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
Just live somewhere in PA between Philly, and Trenton.
Second that. Plus, you might save on taxes living in PA.

Old 10-04-2019, 09:37 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,481,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davenj08 View Post
Second that. Plus, you might save on taxes living in PA.

unless its philly or philly suburbs, PA sucks.

Easton seems to be gentrifying but I want to know where the money is coming from.

the lehigh valley needs rail service to both nyc and philly.

Old 10-05-2019, 07:54 AM

32,941 posts, read 36,378,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
unless its philly or philly suburbs, PA sucks.

Easton seems to be gentrifying but I want to know where the money is coming from.

the lehigh valley needs rail service to both nyc and philly.
Not as much as New Jersey.

Old 10-05-2019, 08:28 AM

3,305 posts, read 3,870,328 times
Most of Easton's money is coming from tourism. Like, half a million of them. The Crayola museum, a canal museum, the State Theatre, a lot of downtown businesses all chipped in and revitalized downtown.

That, then, led to additional grants from the state and so forth, which led to more restaurants, which led to more people which led to more revitalization, etc. and so forth. This has been happening slowly over 20 years, they didn't uncover a stone and find Abraham Lincoln's gold.

Old 10-05-2019, 06:57 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,755,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymoney View Post
Most of Easton's money is coming from tourism. Like, half a million of them. The Crayola museum, a canal museum, the State Theatre, a lot of downtown businesses all chipped in and revitalized downtown.

That, then, led to additional grants from the state and so forth, which led to more restaurants, which led to more people which led to more revitalization, etc. and so forth. This has been happening slowly over 20 years, they didn't uncover a stone and find Abraham Lincoln's gold.
Lafayette College is expanding as well, both up on College Hill with new housing and also now extending towards downtown Centre Square as well with brand new arts buildings in recent years.

Old 10-05-2019, 10:59 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,481,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
Not as much as New Jersey.

NJ is just fine

Old 10-06-2019, 06:39 AM

6,461 posts, read 3,154,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tany12 View Post
Hey there,
So I recently got a job offer in Trenton..... I'm willing to commute up to an hour. I've heard good things about Hoboken and Jersey City, but they are a 90 minute commute from what it looks like and that seems a bit far. Any recommendation helps!
Yes, indeed, they are, as both of those cities are just over 60 miles from Trenton. That's a lot of time, added to your work day, every day. Secondly, if you're relocating from the west, you're probably not familiar with the potential snowy weather, we enjoy in the eastern states. If a blizzard should unexpectedly arrive, that 90 minute commute could easily turn into a 4-5 hour commute.

If you want the "Vegas experience", consider living near Atlantic City.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
NJ is just fine

It all depends on where you're at. I've lived in western NY for most of my life, as my father accepted a job transfer, back in the mid 50s, when I was quite young. However, I was born in Perth Amboy, and had many relatives there, for a long time. A cousin that I've stayed close with, all of our lives, recently left NJ, as she said she got tired of the hustle and bustle, the high cost of living, and the ever-increasing tax rate. She sold her house in Edison, and moved to Center Valley, PA, last year, after living in NJ for 66 years. If it was that "fine", I'm pretty sure that she and her husband wouldn't have pulled up stakes, after that many years.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey