Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2021, 02:19 PM

7,383 posts, read 3,539,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I don't know when you last tried it, but yes, under Christie it was very difficult. But that's because it was very restrictive, only severe ailments like cancer and MS were covered. Now it has been greatly expanded. I sent two links to sites that get the card for you. It seems quite easy.

I think a year would be awesome, but probably won't happen before that and may be longer. Again, even Colorado took 2 years before the first store opened. There are a lot of details. I don't think your idea is realistic, and any politician who handled it that way would be raked over the coals by every group from cops to parents. And the lack of supply again, is not something you can just "sort out" later. Who has priority with limited supplies, the medical users or recreational? Medical would have to have priority, and there are already shortages with the medical clinics. So where are you getting all that extra from in 3 months to fulfill recreational demand if you can't even meet medical demand yet? How do you sort out later who can grow it and who can sell it, how much you can buy at one time, how much the licenses will cost and how much taxes will be? That all has to be agreed on first, there's no way around it.

I do understand your frustration, but it just isn't as simple as you want to make it.
Meanwhile the cartels and the dealer on the corner have no problem meeting demand. The free market can meet demand. Government can't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2021, 02:46 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,716,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
if you ever do, let me know. I have a feeling they will be highly entertaining.
ill send you a message once i put one up!! i feel like they would be so much fun. though i feel like some friends may not be happy about it and my wife may yell at me. i got in trouble once for something i put online regarding the military.

Old 02-06-2021, 02:47 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,716,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
Meanwhile the cartels and the dealer on the corner have no problem meeting demand. The free market can meet demand. Government can't.
the government probably doesnt want full legalizations since they have been selling drugs for a long time to fund their illicit operations. its funny that this is a known fact and nobody really does anything about it.

Old 02-06-2021, 06:50 PM

50,828 posts, read 36,527,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
Sorry, I want my edibles and cartridges standardized and safe. We used to buy those counterfeit oil cartridges, until people started dying with failed lungs (they thought it was e-cigs for awhile but it was the filler used in homemade pot oil cartridges). We threw out the ones we had left. Retail stores in a legal state are not going to get their supply from cartels. Did you really think they would? There are going to be standards, just like there are with liquor. Canals is never going to sell homemade moonshine. If you go to any legal weed store, they know everything about every strain they sell. People want to be able to buy a strain to stay awake and focus and another strain to help them sleep and another strain to help with migraines. In order to do that you have to grow specific strains with specific THC content. You can’t just get street weed and package it to sell in stores. When it’s legal stores as well as the state are responsible for the products they sell and approve for sale. You really don’t seem to think things through before you post. You are frustrated I get that, we all want it to happen tomorrow.

Here’s a link to this weeks issue of one of the weed newsletters I subscribe to. It covers the latest snafus and successes in legalization in various states (Idaho is actually going to amend their constitution to make it impossible for voters to ever pass not only recreational but even medicinal pot!). It’s part of the Boston Globe and primarily about Massachusetts law but scroll to the section “legislative updates” and it has blurbs on many states including NJ. If you think this is a long time, read about Virginia, whose legislators passed legal weed, but they don’t expect the first dispensaries to open until 2024. Reading might give you a better idea of the challenges and issues surrounding legalization as well as keep you updated on where things stand. There are other newsletters that only focus on N.J. too but N.J.com covers it fairly well too. But it really isn’t as simple as you seem to believe it is. It was really quite naive of you to think it would be up and running by now.

You might be happy to know there is ground being made now in federal legalization efforts too, so be patient because we are poised on the brink of a new era.

https://mailchi.mp/bostonglobe.com/s...l?e=f42486f449

Last edited by ocnjgirl; 02-06-2021 at 07:16 PM..

Old 02-06-2021, 06:54 PM

50,828 posts, read 36,527,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
ill send you a message once i put one up!! i feel like they would be so much fun. though i feel like some friends may not be happy about it and my wife may yell at me. i got in trouble once for something i put online regarding the military.
I can imagine your wife needs to yell at you a lot!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey