Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2019, 10:03 AM

3 posts, read 3,321 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I really like the city view via hudson river, so i am looking at acquiring a property at edgewater,NJ. I saw some condo units for sale at the Promanade with a decent price, i am aware of the high HOA + ofcourse the additional flood insurance coz that area is in the floodmaps..

But my concerns is, "this is just what i saw on zillow" the market has decrease 3% from last yr and another 3% decrease is projected for next yr. Is that really bad edgewater, nj now? i mean the area is nice and a lot of new condo's are being developed.. but how come it seems that the housing market is decreasing?

Any thoughts or idea to share?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2019, 10:43 AM

538 posts, read 733,404 times
I'd check the prices of properties in the price range you're looking in. That close to the city it could just mean that some ultra-expensive property isn't selling as quickly as it used to. (Well, other than Zillow being almost worthless, of course...)

Old 12-20-2019, 11:04 AM

4,181 posts, read 5,062,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qrysdonnell View Post
I'd check the prices of properties in the price range you're looking in. That close to the city it could just mean that some ultra-expensive property isn't selling as quickly as it used to. (Well, other than Zillow being almost worthless, of course...)
Agreed, on both counts.

Might also be a relatively-temporary drop, with all the new construction becoming available soon.

Old 12-23-2019, 08:04 AM

3 posts, read 3,321 times
Thanks for the response.. yeah qrysdonnell there are a lot of new construction going on there and props are millions.. but i see the inventory is big on that one.. wish i could afford it lol...

Old 12-24-2019, 02:53 PM

195 posts, read 135,801 times
SALT CAP and new inventory can easily bring down prices...low interest rates should slow the decrease tho...... once your research indicates that a property might be overpriced or bubbled up... lower the offer appropriately or walk away.

Old 12-27-2019, 03:33 PM

1,561 posts, read 2,151,703 times
Read through this link. Promenade was built next to an extremely toxic superfund site and sits on a former land fill, not to mention it was cheaply built.

//www.city-data.com/forum/new-j...ny-issues.html

Old 12-27-2019, 04:23 PM

2,260 posts, read 1,137,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan Putski View Post
Read through this link. Promenade was built next to an extremely toxic superfund site and sits on a former land fill, not to mention it was cheaply built.

//www.city-data.com/forum/new-j...ny-issues.html
Yep. And I’ve seen the condos down there sinking into the landfill. And the newest mall at 115 river rd...in the summer the marsh STINKS up the hallways of the condos.

Old 12-30-2019, 10:57 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,705,684 times
They keep building and building along the Hudson so I wouldn't buy until they finish building and have them all vacant. The prices are just outrageous, $675k+ for a 3 bedroom house connected. No garage, assigned parking spaces.

Old 12-30-2019, 11:32 AM

7,643 posts, read 6,478,770 times
there's no light rail

Old 12-30-2019, 10:05 PM

4,181 posts, read 5,062,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
They keep building and building along the Hudson so I wouldn't buy until they finish building and have them all vacant.

LOL !

It will be at least 10 years (if ever) before there are vacant properties along River Rd.

All that I see on this thread is people trying to influence public opinion, for their own personal gain.

Won't happen

With regards to properties near a NYC rail line, if there is a bubble to be popped it's Westmont Station in Wood-Ridge. The hype has evaporated, and the property tax abatements are almost all done...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: