Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2020, 08:43 PM

1,471 posts, read 3,459,907 times

Advertisements

The food scene in Morris County (at least in the Eastern half) continues to improve! Uncle Giuseppe’s has just announced that their second NJ store will be opening at the Briarcliff Commons Shopping Center in the Fall of 2021 (hopefully).

Uncle Giuseppes is a supermarket with a heavy emphasis on Italian specialties. They make wonderful homemade pastas, mozzarella, baked goods and a lot more delicious stuff. They ain’t cheap, but their stuff is terrific.

Now can the Western half of the county get a decent food store? Just one Whole Foods, Wegman’s, Trader Joe’s, new Shop-Rite, or Stew Leonard’s anywhere in Rockaway, Roxbury, Randolph, or Mount Olive? Pleez?

More info on Uncle G’s in Morris Plains:

https://www.northjersey.com/story/li...on/5350684002/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2020, 09:33 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,752,540 times
Good stuff. They seem to be going into the space that has been empty ever since Shop Rite left when they built the store in Cedar Knolls in 2013. Crazy to think that space stood vacant for so long.

That Shop Rite is incredible too, and the Wegmans is also right by there. That is some stiff competition. I don’t know how that Stop & Shop survives.

Old 07-01-2020, 11:11 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,936,058 times
They skipping over NYC, and Southern Bergen County.

Old 07-02-2020, 12:54 AM

10,442 posts, read 6,974,789 times
It sounds like a great store but kind of interesting location thinking that Morris Plains doesnt have much of an Italian Population as would spots within essex county does.

Old 07-02-2020, 01:35 AM

7,643 posts, read 6,475,037 times
They really need to improve speedwell ave around the train station. It needs a much more lively downtown. It should be another montclair Bloomfield ave but its just dull.

How will Uncle G compare to sergio's and antony and sons?

Old 07-02-2020, 03:57 AM

585 posts, read 492,591 times
I am happy about this as it gives me another nearby shopping option. But on the other hand this area is saturated with markets, Trader Joes, Wegmans, and Whole Foods have all opened up nearby locations in the last couple years.

Old 07-02-2020, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
It sounds like a great store but kind of interesting location thinking that Morris Plains doesnt have much of an Italian Population as would spots within essex county does.
They probably won’t go to Essex because Calandra’s is already there.

Old 07-02-2020, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
They really need to improve speedwell ave around the train station. It needs a much more lively downtown. It should be another montclair Bloomfield ave but its just dull.

How will Uncle G compare to sergio's and antony and sons?
That stretch is nowhere near the size of the strip in Montclair...you can’t compare those two. But yes, it could be more than what it is.

Old 07-02-2020, 10:18 AM

7,643 posts, read 6,475,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjinnj View Post
I am happy about this as it gives me another nearby shopping option. But on the other hand this area is saturated with markets, Trader Joes, Wegmans, and Whole Foods have all opened up nearby locations in the last couple years.

honestly, you should be grateful for such options. Other parts of the country don't have such a luxury. If you could walk to them, it would be even better.

Old 07-03-2020, 01:01 AM

1,842 posts, read 1,490,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leps12 View Post
Good stuff. They seem to be going into the space that has been empty ever since Shop Rite left when they built the store in Cedar Knolls in 2013. Crazy to think that space stood vacant for so long.

That Shop Rite is incredible too, and the Wegmans is also right by there. That is some stiff competition. I don’t know how that Stop & Shop survives.
I heard the Kohl's there used to be a ShopRite. But did the ShopRite take up the currently vacant spaces near the Kohl's? I didn't have my license back then to explore these places. The ShopRite is useless there if there is a Stop And Shop right next to it. Uncle Giuseppe's is going to make the strip mall even more congested with people crowding Kohl's and ridiculous lines just to get a burger and fries at the Chick-Fil-A. That strip mall needs another exit. It's so stupid how I have to turn left onto Route 202, where that place gridlocks during rush hour, then go to the Route 10 traffic light.

But yeah, the Cedar Knolls Shop Rite is amazing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey