Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2020, 11:35 AM

7,643 posts, read 6,481,808 times

Advertisements

Bridgewater also has better thai food
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2020, 12:36 PM

88,589 posts, read 84,838,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
I dont personally know enough to make enough to make an expert comment on these town but Tewksbury/Califon are beautiful areas especially this time of year. They are more out there in the sense of being in a rural area of alot of farms and horses. Trump spends many of his weekends right next door in Bedminster Golf Course.

Also when you get further south its more Bridgewater centric versus Morristown. Both are nice areas Bridgewater is more commercial in shopping centers/malls and Morristown is more downtown mainstreet vibes.

All the towns mentioned above have their own small mainstreet (not sure about Tewksbury/Califon).
We have towns named Tewksbury/Califon in New Jersey?

Who knew. I have lived in this state for 62 years and never heard of them.

I'd better go look at a map, lol.

ETA: OK, Hunterdon County. I HAVE heard of Lebanon, which is nearby. Nice area.

Old 10-07-2020, 11:41 AM

5,069 posts, read 2,280,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
I dont personally know enough to make enough to make an expert comment on these town but Tewksbury/Califon are beautiful areas especially this time of year. They are more out there in the sense of being in a rural area of alot of farms and horses. Trump spends many of his weekends right next door in Bedminster Golf Course.

Also when you get further south its more Bridgewater centric versus Morristown. Both are nice areas Bridgewater is more commercial in shopping centers/malls and Morristown is more downtown mainstreet vibes.

All the towns mentioned above have their own small mainstreet (not sure about Tewksbury/Califon).
I see it’s down the road a bit for the OP, but I’d take Bridgewater schools over Morristown, though it’s much further away. I second (or third) Bernardsville as a good choice.

Perhaps not as open in terms of land as the OP would like, but I’d throw Madison in the mix. Really good schools, a quaint downtown, that park area by Drew, and not too far from South Mountain and the Great Swamp.

Also, budget may be enough for that area just to the north (and a little on the western side) of the Great Swamp. I can never remember the name of the town, but it’s just as you come through the Swamp on Long Hill Road. Gorgeous. Harding?

Old 10-07-2020, 11:56 AM

453 posts, read 345,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
I see it’s down the road a bit for the OP, but I’d take Bridgewater schools over Morristown, though it’s much further away. I second (or third) Bernardsville as a good choice.

Perhaps not as open in terms of land as the OP would like, but I’d throw Madison in the mix. Really good schools, a quaint downtown, that park area by Drew, and not too far from South Mountain and the Great Swamp.

Also, budget may be enough for that area just to the north (and a little on the western side) of the Great Swamp. I can never remember the name of the town, but it’s just as you come through the Swamp on Long Hill Road. Gorgeous. Harding?
That would be Harding. Geographically large - 20 sq mi with a tiny population of 4k. Harding high schoolers attend Madison High School. The OP's budget could definitely get them into Harding as well as Madison. Harding will provide larger lots and closer access to Lewis Morris Park and the Great Swamp for hikes but has no downtown and I'm not sure of how the family atmosphere is. I know, for instance, that it doesn't have a town pool like many neighboring towns have. It is also almost entirely white and pretty right leaning, if that matters to the OP.

There are many towns in the area that could be suitable for the OP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey