Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 07:58 AM

2 posts, read 16,534 times

Advertisements

When my fiance and I ate there last weekend, the food was excellent. We had a Santa Fe Salad (all the lettuce was perfect along with the other ingredients), and she had a Thanksgiving Day Turkey wrap, which we highly recommend! We did have to wait a little while, but you can tell that the place is still ramping up. We are going there tonight for her Birthday dinner - we highly recommend this place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2008, 11:13 AM

2 posts, read 11,233 times
Default maggie moores

if you are looking for a great place to go in lincoln park, try maggie moore's on 202. great irish pub style food, reasonable prices, friendly staff, and unbelievable entertainment Wed-Sat. Gotta check it out!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheffay View Post
The restaurants name is the Sunset Pub & Grill. The most anticipated restaurant to open in Lincoln Park turned out to be a huge let down. The food was disgusting and oddly put together with strange flavoring (actually no flavor). I wonder If this place actually even had a chef? The menu didn't even warrant having one; no creativity, barely any choices, and they ran out of food. The service was friendly but nearly not worth the money you had to spend; everything was extremely overpriced. For all of you chefs out there (you should get a kick out of this) rubbery unseasoned calamari over wilted brown rommaine lettuce, black olives and sliced hot cherry peppers. Yummi, I bet the chef broke a sweat thinking this one up. I think Applebees could have done better.

Old 07-18-2008, 11:58 AM

1 posts, read 8,271 times
Thumbs up Marrie Moores

I went tO the Sunset Grill @ the Airport too, I ordered a steak ($45) and recieved a piece of rubber. One of my companion's orders got lost and never came! Me and the 2 girls i was with promptly got up and left without touching our food. We went to Maggie Moores in Lincoln Park which we happedned to see on our way home and THANK GOD!!! The food was remarkable, the atmosphere cozy, and we never had such a good time! I have been raving to anyone that will listen to visit the place. It's on Route 202.

Old 07-18-2008, 12:21 PM

3,269 posts, read 9,932,105 times
Me thinks the three "bad review" posters are all the same person. All first posts, all joined in July. Hmmmm.

Old 07-19-2008, 08:54 AM

2 posts, read 16,534 times
Talking Second Time at Sunset

As mentioned in my previous post, we went again last night for my fiance's birthday. We started with appetizers of Chicken Egg Rolls and Buffalo Wings - both were spicy as expected. The Chicken Egg Rolls were exactly what you would expect - and good. I am not a buffalo wing fan, and these were no exception and I did not care for them - too much fat and breading (like Hooters wings). The en tree we shared: Blackened Salmon on rice and with asparagus spears. It was excellent. I am not a big fan of Salmon, but this was delicious. My fiance raved about it as well. She also had a Chocolate Covered Raspberry martini from the outdoor bar, and absolutely loved it. She highly recommends trying it. Again, we didn't try any steaks to judge the "plasticity" texture described earlier, but based on the tables around us, I only heard compliments. Still after two times at this restaurant, AND coming from more than a half hour away, we will continue to visit this eating establishment. The outdoor entertainment was excellent as well!

Old 08-11-2008, 02:01 PM

607 posts, read 957,730 times
I have to echo the positives about Maggie Moore's. Been there a few times, including our organization's dinner, and have never been disappointed.

The service is attentive, the food is outstanding (go for the Buffalo calamari, Irish nachos and LaLuna burgers off the appetizer menu and you may not need an entree!), and the owner - Neville - is extremely social and attentive to pretty much every guest in the place.

Four smiles!

Old 09-30-2008, 09:01 AM

1 posts, read 7,114 times
Default Sunset Pub At The Lincoln Park Airport

Was there over the weekend. Had great drink and food specials. All 5 in our party were happy with the food ordered. Had drinks at the bar and listened to some great live music. They have these towers that are filled with beer and you serve yourself at your table (pretty cool).

Will definately go back again!

Old 11-24-2008, 11:51 PM

2 posts, read 11,367 times
Thumbs down awful experience

went there for my mother's birthday. the place was a horrible experience. they had 1 waitress juggling 6 tables, one being an 8 top. we ordered our drinks and they were placed ont he side instead of being delivered to our table while the waitress took the 8 top's order (who had been partaking in some beverages for quite some time)... although the decor was pleasant, the acoustics in the back room gave us a headache. also, the menu...or dare i say lack there of was not impressive at all. my daughters couldn't decide on a thing to eat, not because of interest, simply because nothing was appealing. we left, obviously, before our drinks were even brought to our table after waiting 10 minutes after the drink order was given.

Old 02-06-2009, 01:58 PM

1 posts, read 6,242 times
Default Very GOOD experience!

I have been to the Sunset Grill several times and had nothing but great service and great food! I have had the steak it was made perfectly medium for me as well as burgers that were also perfect. I also had a yummy peice of cake on my birthday in Nov that was so delish! They have live music on Friday nights in the bar area and it was a lot of fun. I will be going back here often!

Old 03-12-2011, 06:14 PM

1 posts, read 2,555 times
I have been at both Maggie Moores and Sunset bar and Grille. Both are great places that offer different atmospheres and food choices but the thing that keeps me coming back to Maggie Moores is the cutie patootie bartender Michael.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey