Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2020, 09:48 PM

32,940 posts, read 36,369,350 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
Correct.

My mistake.

But then again, the OP still hasn't been here.
Sometimes life gets in the way. I hope that they didn't get sick.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2020, 08:52 AM

268 posts, read 218,632 times
Good luck!

Old 12-21-2020, 01:49 PM

13 posts, read 16,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobspez View Post
In 2009 you posted you were located in Iselin, NJ. How long did you live in NJ?
We lived in Iselin NJ for a year in Oct 2008- Nov 2009. I loved it then.. even though I wasn't working at that time. Moved to Arizona to work as an IT Project Manager and in AZ since than.

Old 12-21-2020, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ieee488 View Post
It looks like she and her husband celebrated their first anniversary in 2009 based on her post on April 14, 2009

Arizona where they live now is turning blue though more purple at the moment. LOL.
Ha ha that is true, I didn't even remember I posted about my first anniversary on this forum. Thanks to this forum, everyone is very responsive and they give genuine advice / suggestions. There is no trolling which I have seen on every public forum.

Appreciate all the replies, it helps us.

Old 12-21-2020, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
Sometimes life gets in the way. I hope that they didn't get sick.
Yes sorry I posted and then went MIA.. my kids had their last week of school and we got busy finishing projects. I appreciate all the responses.

Old 12-21-2020, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
We moved from AZ to NJ years ago and absolutely love it. It’s definitely different, however I love the culture, being so close to NYC, the shore, jist everything east coast.

I would say the hardest thing to get used to is everything is old. That is actually part of what I grew to love!
If you don't mind me asking, which area are you in?

Old 12-22-2020, 07:51 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,749,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vani_13in View Post
If you don't mind me asking, which area are you in?
We first lived in Maplewood. I absolutely loved it, honestly wish we never left. However we had a tiny house, paid high taxes and were sending the kids to private school. We moved to Pa for lower taxes, then Texas. Once the kids graduated we decided to move back.

We’re now in Roselle Park, I like it a lot. It’s hard to gage because of the pandemic. The train is a few blocks away, taxes are cheap and he town is adorable.

My favorite towns we can’t afford: Maplewood (can’t afford to buy now) Montclair, Summit and Westfield.

Old 12-25-2020, 04:29 PM

156 posts, read 165,698 times
New Jersey is a state with beautiful landscape and access to so many activities.
It is one of the most diverse states where an immigrant has a sense of belonging.
It has very good school districts and some are Blue ribbon.
You get all sorts of weather in NJ from freezing Canadian winter days to beautiful San Diego weather days.
I cannot forget the beautiful beaches in NJ as well.

NJ has the highest property taxes in the US.
Cost of living is very high.
Some of the areas are polluted.
It is not business friendly.
If your job is in NYC the commute will suck.
Forget about retiring in NJ unless you are high net worth person.

After all you if are an immigrant with around 200k combined income this is a great state to raise kids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey