Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2021, 02:31 PM

19,128 posts, read 25,336,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faithfullizhe View Post
These folks acting the fool are older men. I blame it on the prescription pills.
I blame it on their mass addiction to Fox "News" and NewsMax, both of which continue to spew lies favoring our current POTUS and all of the other deranged traitors to The US.

Old 01-12-2021, 02:31 PM

332 posts, read 220,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
im not generally ok with anyone being killed. but this kind of thing happens every single day (much more frequently cops killing civilians but also happens the other way around). so i dont consider it a threat to our nation or anything beyond what it is. a protest that got out of hand and some people got hurt and killed. no need to make more of it than it was.
Were you there? Wait until it comes to your town and where you live. Let us see then how generally you are not ok, but heck it happens everyday.

You can tell yourself this.

Old 01-12-2021, 02:47 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,705,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faithfullizhe View Post
Were you there? Wait until it comes to your town and where you live. Let us see then how generally you are not ok, but heck it happens everyday.

You can tell yourself this.
just because i dont want something to come to my town doesnt make it a government takeover or attempted coup or anything so dramatic. the fact is that incidents of greater magnitude than this one do happen regularly. this is no more important than any other protest that gets out of hand and has some property damage and violence.

Old 01-12-2021, 03:29 PM

306 posts, read 203,480 times
Quote:
just because i dont want something to come to my town doesnt make it a government takeover or attempted coup or anything so dramatic. the fact is that incidents of greater magnitude than this one do happen regularly. this is no more important than any other protest that gets out of hand and has some property damage and violence.
Utterly delusional. This was encouraged by the sitting President of the USA, because he didn't like the results of the election, so decided to lie and lie and lie and whip these people into a frenzy. If you can't see how that's different to 'any other protest that gets out of hand', then I have no idea what to say to you. Half the country seems to exist in an alternate reality.

Old 01-12-2021, 03:35 PM

6,203 posts, read 3,548,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baycurious123 View Post
utterly delusional. This was encouraged by the sitting president of the usa, because he didn't like the results of the election, so decided to lie and lie and lie and whip these people into a frenzy. If you can't see how that's different to 'any other protest that gets out of hand', then i have no idea what to say to you. Half the country seems to exist in an alternate reality.
+1

Old 01-12-2021, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baycurious123 View Post
Utterly delusional. This was encouraged by the sitting President of the USA, because he didn't like the results of the election, so decided to lie and lie and lie and whip these people into a frenzy. If you can't see how that's different to 'any other protest that gets out of hand', then I have no idea what to say to you. Half the country seems to exist in an alternate reality.
which half is that?

i dont care what trump said or didnt say. this was still a protest that got out of hand and some people got hurt. any words like "insurrection" or "coup" designed to illicit an emotional response do not change that not much happened and it ended relatively quickly and nothing changed afterwards. why dont you try to put into words what makes this worse than any other protest with some property damage and some violence?

people who are pretending that this was such a big event are doing so because of their political bias.

Old 01-12-2021, 11:10 PM

50,799 posts, read 36,501,346 times
Quote:
im not generally ok with anyone being killed. but this kind of thing happens every single day (much more frequently cops killing civilians but also happens the other way around). so i dont consider it a threat to our nation or anything beyond what it is. a protest that got out of hand and some people got hurt and killed. no need to make more of it than it was.
By their own online writings it is clear that for many it was never intended to be a protest. They spelled out that they wanted to do this, despite the FBI claiming there was no reason for them to know this would happen. For a lot of them it was a protest/rally but for the organizing groups, the Proud Boys, etc this was most definitely planned to be a hostile takeover of the Capital. Some even said "stop calling this a protest" beforehand. It IS a coup, their intention was to forcibly overturn an election. If that brave cop Eugene Robinson didn't lead them away from Senate chambers, God knows what would have happened (whenever I see that scene all I can think of is the scene from Juraissic World, when the woman leads the T-Rex with the flare).

Old 01-13-2021, 07:53 AM

2,029 posts, read 2,362,554 times
I sometimes wander into different discussions in different states when I see some topic that is interesting. I must say that I have enjoyed the NJ one here since it has some of the most intelligent responses I have seen on this forum. To me the irony of a huge Trump supporter being killed by a Trump supporting mob incited by the words and actions of Trump himself is not lost. However, he died needlessly protecting our house, the nation's capitol, and he is a hero for doing that. The chain of events leading up to his murder should implicate not only those who threw the fire extinguisher, but those who incited the action to begin with.

Old 01-13-2021, 08:01 AM

6,203 posts, read 3,548,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justabystander View Post
I sometimes wander into different discussions in different states when I see some topic that is interesting. I must say that I have enjoyed the NJ one here since it has some of the most intelligent responses I have seen on this forum. To me the irony of a huge Trump supporter being killed by a Trump supporting mob incited by the words and actions of Trump himself is not lost. However, he died needlessly protecting our house, the nation's capitol, and he is a hero for doing that. The chain of events leading up to his murder should implicate not only those who threw the fire extinguisher, but those who incited the action to begin with.
Why do you think he was a "huge Trump supporter"? Because he was a cop?? If you actually read any of his background, I seriously doubt he was an avid Trump supporter. Not all law enforcement and military are fans of Trump. In fact, quite the opposite. Most of them think he's a draft dodging, over-privileged idiot.

Old 01-13-2021, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
By their own online writings it is clear that for many it was never intended to be a protest. They spelled out that they wanted to do this, despite the FBI claiming there was no reason for them to know this would happen. For a lot of them it was a protest/rally but for the organizing groups, the Proud Boys, etc this was most definitely planned to be a hostile takeover of the Capital. Some even said "stop calling this a protest" beforehand. It IS a coup, their intention was to forcibly overturn an election. If that brave cop Eugene Robinson didn't lead them away from Senate chambers, God knows what would have happened (whenever I see that scene all I can think of is the scene from Juraissic World, when the woman leads the T-Rex with the flare).
protesters always use language to describe their protest as if it will change things. that is every protest. they dont say "we are going to yell a lot in the streets and then go home as nothing changes." they say "we are going to change this or that." so them saying that they will accomplish their ultimate goal doesnt mean that they will actually accomplish it. its just another protest.

also, if some individuals did bad things during a protest, then that is on those individuals. it isnt on the larger group. i have always said that throughout the BLM protests and i say the same thing for the trump election protests. i do not support the trump election protests, i believe its better to just have an orderly transition. but they have just as much of a right to protest as anyone else. there are also some people who say they will conduct violence in any protest. washington dc and the capitol building arent sacred murica grounds. if people can break into a police station, local government building, local store, etc. then that is no less significant than breaking into the capitol building (and leaving it completely intact which makes it a lesser violation than one that burns down buildings).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey