Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2021, 01:35 PM

6,203 posts, read 3,548,044 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Oh, that's a straight run for you!]

I got on 33 at Five Points Road (Freehold Township there maybe? I get on FPR in Colts Neck) and then get off on Applegarth to go to Monroe. Nice ride.
Yup. I love that drive. Time for a “road trip.”

Old 05-21-2021, 01:35 PM

727 posts, read 304,811 times
Are they ever going to finish the roadwork on Route 3/46 in Passaic County? It's been going on for a few years now. Traffic was unbearable when I visited not too long ago.

Old 05-21-2021, 01:36 PM

19,053 posts, read 13,968,817 times
Gerania, some people were born to grate on others. I'll leave it at that. Anyone who posts here regularly is familiar.

If I had a bad temper, I'd have never made it through the generation most of my career feel within, especially the end.

Anyway, I'm not the topic. This person has a knack for doing that as well. My comment that started this line of discussion explicitly did not mention anyone. Take that as a hint for future posting decisions.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 05-21-2021, 01:48 PM

32,940 posts, read 36,369,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
that is a little far, dont think we would have a good reason to go out there. im pretty easy to entertain, i find interesting stuff outside the car everywhere.

oh he has a temper. short fuse also im sure. probably would even admit to it.

too many people believe that a turn signal for a lane change is like asking them permission to change lanes in front of them (which they will sometimes want to deny by speeding up). i got sick of dealing with that so i just stopped using the signal. i drive from holmdel to brooklyn daily, about 100 miles a day a lot of it highway. i feel like this is pretty common these days, a little surprised by the pushback here. its not at all unsafe, i leave plenty of room and generally go faster than the person im getting in front of.
That's way too far for you. I'm glad that you like old stuff by ponds.

My dad wouldn't teach me to drive. He made exuberant mom do it. The high school still had drivers ed. The teacher made us drive up and down Giants Despair, change lanes in the town circle, town square, and drive over a metal grate bridge. The K turn was in an alley. The guy also had us gun it in a dead supermarket parking lot and slam on the brakes. That was scary and fun.

Old 05-21-2021, 02:00 PM

4,030 posts, read 3,640,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
that is a little far, dont think we would have a good reason to go out there. im pretty easy to entertain, i find interesting stuff outside the car everywhere.

oh he has a temper. short fuse also im sure. probably would even admit to it.

too many people believe that a turn signal for a lane change is like asking them permission to change lanes in front of them (which they will sometimes want to deny by speeding up). i got sick of dealing with that so i just stopped using the signal. i drive from holmdel to brooklyn daily, about 100 miles a day a lot of it highway. i feel like this is pretty common these days, a little surprised by the pushback here. its not at all unsafe, i leave plenty of room and generally go faster than the person im getting in front of.

If you change lanes in front of someone without signaling and they honk the horn upset, their perception is probably that you didn't leave enough distance to make it a safe lane change. I don't think there's a universally accepted distance where it's safe to make a lane change. I personally don't care if people switch lanes without signaling as long as they are so far ahead of me that it won't alarm me and cause me to hit my brakes. I always signal, even if I'm alone on the highway, just out of habit.

Old 05-21-2021, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Gerania, some people were born to grate on others. I'll leave it at that. Anyone who posts here regularly is familiar.

If I had a bad temper, I'd have never made it through the generation most of my career feel within, especially the end.

Anyway, I'm not the topic. This person has a knack for doing that as well. My comment that started this line of discussion explicitly did not mention anyone. Take that as a hint for future posting decisions.
My husband was a Ranger and a Green Beret. You can't survive that with a bad attitude.

Old 05-21-2021, 02:12 PM

Hannah, thank you for 33.

Old 05-21-2021, 02:21 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,705,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HudsonCoNJ View Post
If you change lanes in front of someone without signaling and they honk the horn upset, their perception is probably that you didn't leave enough distance to make it a safe lane change. I don't think there's a universally accepted distance where it's safe to make a lane change. I personally don't care if people switch lanes without signaling as long as they are so far ahead of me that it won't alarm me and cause me to hit my brakes. I always signal, even if I'm alone on the highway, just out of habit.
if they arent happy, they will typically speed up to pretend that i cut them off and slowed their progress. as if i cant tell when someone has deliberately sped up after they see me changing lanes.

other times, i can just see their reaction by looking at them.

Old 05-21-2021, 02:27 PM

23,561 posts, read 17,232,713 times
Recent times we have seen the enforcement of laws ignored and their inequity trumpeted by the media, activists and politicians.

The result has been a reincarnation of the old west Dodge City.

Respect of laws lost and justice a mockery. It is a free for all out there.

Stop signs have become suggestions. Speed limits are there because it costs too much to update all roads to 20 over.

the origin of the word 'yield', lost to the modern lexicon.

Maybe if we register cars..........

Old 05-21-2021, 02:39 PM

12,169 posts, read 8,021,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Recent times we have seen the enforcement of laws ignored and their inequity trumpeted by the media, activists and politicians.

The result has been a reincarnation of the old west Dodge City.

Respect of laws lost and justice a mockery. It is a free for all out there.

Stop signs have become suggestions. Speed limits are there because it costs too much to update all roads to 20 over.

the origin of the word 'yield', lost to the modern lexicon.

Maybe if we register cars..........
Oh yeah why is 1/4 of nj drivers uninsured?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey