Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2021, 08:17 AM

3,430 posts, read 1,842,197 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by njrebel1978 View Post
True, on one hand they tell us the vaccinated can still get and transmit COVID. But then say, you should feel safe going back to normal if you are vaccinated because only unvaccinated communities are at risk. You cannot have it both ways.
Correct

I only fear I shall never do anything again, because I do not have access to a Xerox machine.

Seriously.. I thought copies were not acceptable forms of ID anyway? Though I seriously also do not have access to a XEROX machine. I have a Copy Printer Fax machine, however..

Old 07-12-2021, 08:44 AM

4,029 posts, read 3,639,406 times
We were going to blame the governor for COVID no matter who it was, D or R. Our favorite pastime here is arguing politics and blaming others for our shortcomings in life.

Old 07-12-2021, 08:48 AM

325 posts, read 368,797 times
Well, the positive at a macro level about COVID is that the Fox News-watching morons will continue to refuse the vaccine and either die of COVID or of long-term organ failure. This will end up making the country more blue in the long run. Natural selection at work.

Old 07-12-2021, 08:49 AM

98 posts, read 175,221 times
Quote:
According to your own Democrat puppet experts, it is ONLY highly transmissable among UNVACCINATED COMMUNITIES. Therefore IF you are vaccinated, then why should you even care or want another shutdown if cases surge again??
Yes its true that the vaccinated should not have to care about other's personal decisions and shouldnt be subject to any restrictions.

Unfortunately though looks like restrictions is going to be inevitable in places where surges get so bad that hospitals are running out of ICU units again, as may be already starting to unravel in some southern and midwestern states with high vaccine hesitancy.

Old 07-12-2021, 08:51 AM

19,049 posts, read 13,964,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Z-B View Post
Well, the positive at a macro level about COVID is that the Fox News-watching morons will continue to refuse the vaccine and either die of COVID or of long-term organ failure. This will end up making the country more blue in the long run. Natural selection at work.
Social media has certainly hastened our lurch towards genocide in this country, but I still don't believe the result is going to be the one you're hoping for.

When push comes to shove, one side in this country has more guns and ammo than most armies of the world while the other has, well, twitter wit.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 07-12-2021, 09:04 AM

23,867 posts, read 33,561,054 times
I'm surprised that Captain isn't commenting in the thread.

Quote:
I will never vote for someone with a D next to their name because they will take away our Freedom. Wearing a mask and getting vaccinated should be a PERSONAL decision, just like smoking or anything else in life. It is time we learn to live with COVID because it is not ever going away with or without future restrictions.

Totally agree, it's a personal decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
Not surprising...confirms what we knew all along, will win in a landslide. And the next governor will be even worse and so forth.

Makes me wonder what will happen first, legalized marijuana in NJ (you know, the type you can actually buy) or being able to pump our own gas like the rest of the world. My guess, neither. Our state motto should be "NJ: we can't get out of our own way"

I personally could care less if they legalize pot in NJ. It's just another thing they can tax. The people that want it legal are clueless how much it will actually cost to legally buy. All anyone has to do is go to a Colorado web site to see how much more expensive it is then street price.

As for pumping gas. I don't understand why anyone would want to pump their own. If it goes legal in NJ, you won't find any more full serve stations to serve our elderly. Who really wants to get out of their car in a rain or snow storm to pump their own gas? Not me. I did it for 20 years and it will add to the possible cancers I could get from working. I was also exposed to benzene which causes a bad type of AML Leukemia that my father died from.

My father and the gasoline retailers lobbied hard in the 80's and 90's to keep self serve out of NJ. It didn't make the price cheaper. I was in California, their gas was almost $1 more per gallon because of the insurance they have to have in case Joe Customer spills gas all over.

Quote:
Rubbish. A recent study published in Health Affairs, for example, compared the COVID-19 growth rate before and after mask mandates in 15 states and the District of Columbia. It found that mask mandates led to a slowdown in daily COVID-19 growth rate, which became more apparent over time. The first five days after a mandate, the daily growth rate slowed by 0.9 percentage-points compared to the five days prior to the mandate; at three weeks, the daily growth rate had slowed by 2 percentage-points.

https://www.ucsf.edu/news/2020/06/41...-masks-prevent

Thanks, I'm undecided on masks but lean more so to they do because I haven't caught anything since it started but I've also been disinfecting my hands with Lysol wipes I made. My mask is one layer T-shirt material.

Quote:
True, on one hand they tell us the vaccinated can still get and transmit COVID. But then say, you should feel safe going back to normal if you are vaccinated because only unvaccinated communities are at risk. You cannot have it both ways.

That's true that the vaccine is not 100% effective to stop someone from getting or giving COVID to someone else. I believe it was 15% chance of that happening.

They say the vaccines protect against the variants but who really knows. If you're someone that's prone to getting sick, have a bad immune system, that vaccine may not even be as effective as they say. The only way to know is to be tested for antibodies.

Old 07-12-2021, 09:10 AM

88,588 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Did no one actually read the article? Murphy's not pushing for more restrictions. He's just saying that if things take a turn for the worse and the hospitals get overwhelmed again, nothing's off the table.

Do you really think a governor with an R after their name would say something different? And if a governor with an R after his name did say that, some of you would fly kick Jesus out of the way to be the first to smooch his bum, lol.

People, stop dividing everything between "R" and "D". These people are ALL politicians and none of them give a rat's ass about you or me but only how to either get or keep their position. The extreme crap on either side is childish and frankly, willfully stupid.

Stop living your lives by reacting to them, and start living despite them. Use intelligence and good sense. How bout that.

Old 07-12-2021, 09:21 AM

325 posts, read 368,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Social media has certainly hastened our lurch towards genocide in this country, but I still don't believe the result is going to be the one you're hoping for.

When push comes to shove, one side in this country has more guns and ammo than most armies of the world while the other has, well, twitter wit.
So you’re saying that as anti-vaccine nuts die off, and the Republican base continues to dwindle, you’ll all just start shooting people?

Old 07-12-2021, 09:45 AM

19,049 posts, read 13,964,273 times
Quote:
So you’re saying that as anti-vaccine nuts die off, and the Republican base continues to dwindle, you’ll all just start shooting people?
Based on that response, any further explanation by me would clearly be a monumental waste of time.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 07-12-2021, 12:49 PM

19,128 posts, read 25,331,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Did no one actually read the article? Murphy's not pushing for more restrictions. He's just saying that if things take a turn for the worse and the hospitals get overwhelmed again, nothing's off the table.

Do you really think a governor with an R after their name would say something different? And if a governor with an R after his name did say that, some of you would fly kick Jesus out of the way to be the first to smooch his bum, lol.

People, stop dividing everything between "R" and "D". These people are ALL politicians and none of them give a rat's ass about you or me but only how to either get or keep their position. The extreme crap on either side is childish and frankly, willfully stupid.

Stop living your lives by reacting to them, and start living despite them. Use intelligence and good sense. How bout that.
Clearly, we have a bunch of people who react on an emotional level and who failed to actually read the article.
Once again, MQ801 stands out as the Voice of Reason and moderation.

As to what the gov said today in regard to Covid and the possibility of booster shots, here is an article... for those who choose to read it:

https://www.nj.com/coronavirus/2021/...one-in-nj.html

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey