Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2021, 07:19 AM

1,384 posts, read 1,754,739 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrioticSuperman View Post
Florida's rate is a lot lower, try again.
No, it’s not. We’re talking about current numbers here. Florida has the highest hospitalization rate in the nation. You can choose to ignore them, but they are still true.

https://www.beckershospitalreview.co...-august-2.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2021, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
The media was caught using photos of hospitals in Italy claiming it was the surge Florida last week. Which brings us back to why is Murphy in Italy?
Proof of this? CBS accidentally showed Italian footage claiming it was NYC back in March 2020, but I see nothing about claiming Italy in August 2021. Back up your claim.

Old 08-18-2021, 07:45 AM

10,483 posts, read 7,005,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leps12 View Post
Proof of this? CBS accidentally showed Italian footage claiming it was NYC back in March 2020, but I see nothing about claiming Italy in August 2021. Back up your claim.
The media is not going to report their fake news, and Google does everything it can to hide it. It was maybe one of the top 5 stories last week all over social media/TikTok.

Old 08-18-2021, 08:11 AM

Quote:
The media is not going to report their fake news, and Google does everything it can to hide it. It was maybe one of the top 5 stories last week all over social media/TikTok.
Surely Fox News, OAN, Newsmax, Breitbart, or the Daily Caller would jump on that story, wouldn’t they? Fox News did post an article calling out CBS for using Italy footage for NYC in March 2020…why wouldn’t they do it again?

Trusting social media and TikTok as a veritable and reliable news source I see… if Google can hide it, wouldn’t the social media platforms and TikTok hide it as well? After all the social media companies are all based in California, liberal, and evil, and TikTok is Chinese -owned and evil, right?

Last edited by Leps12; 08-18-2021 at 08:19 AM..

Old 08-18-2021, 09:42 AM

10,483 posts, read 7,005,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leps12 View Post
Surely Fox News, OAN, Newsmax, Breitbart, or the Daily Caller would jump on that story, wouldn’t they? Fox News did post an article calling out CBS for using Italy footage for NYC in March 2020…why wouldn’t they do it again?

Trusting social media and TikTok as a veritable and reliable news source I see… if Google can hide it, wouldn’t the social media platforms and TikTok hide it as well? After all the social media companies are all based in California, liberal, and evil, and TikTok is Chinese -owned and evil, right?
Says alot about the state of the media, in my opinion the mainstream media should not be trusted, as its agenda driven and mostly propaganda. Social Media does hide and delete alot of the information, especially Facebook & Twitter; TikTok has less controls and stories usually get more views on the platform than the others.

Old 08-18-2021, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Says alot about the state of the media, in my opinion the mainstream media should not be trusted, as its agenda driven and mostly propaganda. Social Media does hide and delete alot of the information, especially Facebook & Twitter; TikTok has less controls and stories usually get more views on the platform than the others.
So just to be clear…Fox, OAN, Newsmax, Breitbart, and Daily Caller are not to be trusted?

Old 08-18-2021, 12:48 PM

50,816 posts, read 36,501,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cptjcz View Post
Ppl cant help but to signal covid safety righteousness despite the survival rate, and all the other hazards and diseases that kill us everyday. We are witnessing a serious decline in society
It's not the Covid-righteous who started this thread complaining about him going to Italy in the middle of the Delta variant, it's those who normally says Covid is overblown. Yet they are outraged that Murphy is traveling to another country anyway.

Old 08-18-2021, 12:50 PM

50,816 posts, read 36,501,346 times
Quote:
The media was caught using photos of hospitals in Italy claiming it was the surge Florida last week. Which brings us back to why is Murphy in Italy?
That wasn't last week, it was last year. April 2020. And it was well reported by other media sources. All you have to do is Google it and lots of stories come up about it, so it doesn't seem at all suppressed to me. It was CBS, not "The Media" as a whole.

Old 08-18-2021, 12:54 PM

318 posts, read 451,044 times
I don't think anyone should rely completely on any media source to base their opinions. All media outlets are revenue driven. They make money on selling commercial time. So of course they are going to be as dramatic as they can to draw ratings.

I choose like many of the other posters here to live in the real world. We see hospital parking lots nowhere near full. Let alone I don't see any tents or emergency triages outside. I personally don't know anyone who has had a severe bout with COVID. Not that it doesn't happen, however it's a far cry from the narrative CNN would have you believe.

Old 08-18-2021, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm2jm3jm4jm5 View Post
I don't think anyone should rely completely on any media source to base their opinions. All media outlets are revenue driven. They make money on selling commercial time. So of course they are going to be as dramatic as they can to draw ratings.

I choose like many of the other posters here to live in the real world. We see hospital parking lots nowhere near full. Let alone I don't see any tents or emergency triages outside. I personally don't know anyone who has had a severe bout with COVID. Not that it doesn't happen, however it's a far cry from the narrative CNN would have you believe.
Well thank God we live in NJ where, although cases are rising, they haven’t spiraled out of control, right? CNN isn’t reporting on a Delta strain crisis in NJ right now. They are, however, reporting on FL, MS, AL, etc. Because that is where the crisis is. Back in March/April 2020 coverage was nonstop on NY and NJ because that is where the epicenter was…so it’s not like they are suppressing negative coverage of blue states and highlighting negative coverage of red states for the sake of politics either.

I live in the real world, too. I only know a handful of people who had it. One co-worker and his wife, they had a mild case months ago. My old next door neighbors had it at the beginning. An old friend from college who still has some long haul symptoms. My father’s old boss died from it. He has a friend In Mississippi, not vaccinated, who just got it, along with his wife, given to them from their daughter who is a nurse, who had it before, was not vaccinated, and just got it a second time with Delta. All in all it wouldn’t seem so widespread based on just those few cases, but it also may say something about the circles you keep yourself acquainted with.

Why stuck with me the most, and how I knew it was real, was the constant presence of ambulance sirens in the first wave. And then they came back in the winter surge. Thank God, right now, I don’t hear them. So that’s my heuristic to judge the severity of the situation.

Alabama ran out of ICU beds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey