Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2021, 07:52 AM

9,891 posts, read 10,828,106 times

Advertisements

I don't watch tv news, but just happened to catch CBS news the other day as we were waiting to see the weather report.
I was reminded why we don't watch tv news, and reminded of how Obiden was put into the Whitehouse in the first place.
I'm also not on variant watch to track the latest greatest version of the KungFlu, but I have noticed it seems more people are suddenly wearing masks again when out and about in the grocery stores etc...

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politic...campaign=63red

Old 07-08-2021, 08:02 AM

25,771 posts, read 18,834,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Delta Variant Panic Worse Than Variant Itself
Of course it is, just like it was for the original "variant." And just like it will be for the Epsilon, Gamma, Phi, Rho, Theta, and Omega "variant."

The left elite and MSM are like an evil, laughing little child that keeps poking a puppy with a sharp stick to hear how loud he will yelp.

Old 07-08-2021, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Of course it is, just like it was for the original "variant." And just like it will be for the Epsilon, Gamma, Phi, Rho, Theta, and Omega "variant."

The left elite and MSM are like an evil, laughing little child that keeps poking a puppy with a sharp stick to hear how loud he will yelp.
Yes it seems , since they didn't hit their vaccination "goal" on the 4th they have to ratchet up the hysteria... I suspect it will be ongoing. Now with the door to door push... (cant wait for the fall out for that ill advised scheme). People just really need to turn off the tv.

Old 07-08-2021, 08:21 AM

724 posts, read 404,263 times
Yup. Unfortunately the fear around COVID is here to stay forever (or at least the next few year- foreseeable future). I admit I have bought into the fear, and am remaining cautious because of Delta. I still wear full mask and faceshield whenever I go out and I am still pretty much social-distanced from everyone (and plan on remaining so until next spring at least). I will also get a booster shot as soon as I'm able to.

Old 07-08-2021, 08:24 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,511,604 times
I can FEEL the panic setting in as news channels ramp up their coverage of the variant.

Are you vaccinated? Stop freaking out. Use common sense measures to keep your hands clean, avoid being around anyone who appears sick, then just live your life, folks.

Turn OFF your tv’s!!!!!!!

Old 07-08-2021, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80sportsfan View Post
Yup. Unfortunately the fear around COVID is here to stay forever (or at least the next few year- foreseeable future). I admit I have bought into the fear, and am remaining cautious because of Delta. I still wear full mask and faceshield whenever I go out and I am still pretty much social-distanced from everyone (and plan on remaining so until next spring at least). I will also get a booster shot as soon as I'm able to.
I 100% support your freedom to choose to do that, while I will insist on the same to do otherwise.

Old 07-08-2021, 08:30 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,122,798 times
We'll be in lockdowns by fall. Been saying it since winter.

At some point, people have to realize that they're being manipulated, right? The virus is just the excuse. The action is the implementation of a totalitarian state.

Of course it's gradual - they can't just do it overnight, or there'd be a revolt. It's much easier to convince the People that there's a thing they should be afraid of, only the government can face that threat and in order to do so, you must do everything you're told, than to say, "That's it. Your freedom's gone now." That wouldn't go over well. The way it's happening, people are actually grateful for it. Amazing.

Old 07-08-2021, 08:31 AM

3,495 posts, read 1,752,206 times
My bank (one of the world's biggest) is not requiring customers to wear masks, but the employees are. One of the bankers wanted me to come in and discuss something, so I said I won't step one foot in their bank while they are endangering customers from exposure to covid by not requiring masks. He said, "Well, the chance of dying is only 1%"

Old 07-08-2021, 08:35 AM

15,850 posts, read 6,554,586 times
This is another case of an exponential growth curve; cases of the delta variant are doubling roughly every two weeks. But in terms of medical response, it is more of a problem for the low vaccination states. The epsilon variant may become a bigger concern for the rest of us.

Old 07-08-2021, 08:41 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,122,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wp169 View Post
I said I won't step one foot in their bank while they are endangering customers from exposure to covid by not requiring masks. He said, "Well, the chance of dying is only 1%"
Did you do the same for the flu, prior to 2020?

How about tuberculosis? What was your bank doing to stop the spread of that, and were you satisfied with their precautions?

In other words, what about covid is significant enough to warrant these extra precautions, but not relevant or applicable to any other communicable respiratory disease or virus?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies