Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2021, 09:15 AM

9,895 posts, read 10,839,173 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
What is going to happen when the Fall arrives and half the country heads indoors to spread the virus? Will we be seeing mandated lock downs again? Will the Democrats dare to shut down the economy again?

They sure know how to seize on a chance to spread fear in order to force people to comply and imagine this, it is not even an election year..
They will do everything but.... if it looks like their foul play is circling back to bite them.

Old 07-08-2021, 09:16 AM

3,976 posts, read 1,997,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wp169 View Post
My bank (one of the world's biggest) is not requiring customers to wear masks, but the employees are. One of the bankers wanted me to come in and discuss something, so I said I won't step one foot in their bank while they are endangering customers from exposure to covid by not requiring masks. He said, "Well, the chance of dying is only 1%"
Did you get your vaccination?

I dont have an issue with folks like you that decide to still live in fear and adjust your own actions, but some like you are still insisting the world around them comply with their fear.

I was coming out of my bank a few weeks ago and removed the mandated mask I was wearing once I stepped outside (Phoenix in the summer, its pretty hot at noon). Some maskhole Karen who was coming up the sidewalk toward the bank door I had just exited, stopped, looked at me and said. "Your mask! Put on your mask!".

I ignored her and walked past her to my car. She cowered back like I was radioactive when I walked past her.

Living in fear.

Old 07-08-2021, 09:19 AM

17,728 posts, read 6,972,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snebarekim View Post

I dont have an issue with folks like you that decide to still live in fear and adjust your own actions, but some like you are still insisting the world around them comply with their fear.

I was coming out of my bank a few weeks ago and removed the mandated mask I was wearing once I stepped outside (Phoenix in the summer, its pretty hot at noon). Some maskhole Karen who was coming up the sidewalk toward the bank door I had just exited, stopped, looked at me and said. "Your mask! Put on your mask!".

I ignored her and walked past her to my car. She cowered back like I was radioactive when I walked past her.

Living in fear.
That has only happened to me twice here in South Florida. My response was FU and stay 6 feet away from me, sheep, or something like that.

Old 07-08-2021, 09:19 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,521,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snebarekim View Post

Living in fear.
I’m out of patience with these types. I luckily have not encountered many, but I did have an experience walking out of a grocery store, as I removed my mask a woman walking toward me shook her finger at me and jumped to the side like I was about to kiss her. I said “get over yourself” and just kept walking. I’m fully vaxxed and have been since MARCH. I’m out of patience with people minding me more than they do themselves.

Old 07-08-2021, 09:20 AM

1,718 posts, read 1,058,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
Just wait until the "Midterm 2022 Variant!"

That one will be the worst of them all! Instant death if you walk out of your house or don't vote by unsolicited mail-in ballot!
Ha! Good one.

Probably true though... sad.

Old 07-08-2021, 09:21 AM

8,609 posts, read 2,316,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
One doctor quoted in an article posted to an incredibly partisan and biased website.
I'll wait for a more credible source.
I'm glad I could help you out.

Old 07-08-2021, 09:26 AM

3,495 posts, read 1,759,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Did you do the same for the flu, prior to 2020?

How about tuberculosis? What was your bank doing to stop the spread of that, and were you satisfied with their precautions?

In other words, what about covid is significant enough to warrant these extra precautions, but not relevant or applicable to any other communicable respiratory disease or virus?
And I can ask, "Why is the bank protecting their employees but not their customers?

Old 07-08-2021, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
That has only happened to me twice here in South Florida. My response was FU and stay 6 feet away from me, sheep, or something like that.
I have only had it happen a couple of times myself this summer, but I do not respond at all, or even look at them. I feel it is a more effective message if I pretend they do not even exist. It is simply a message of how important I think their opinion and insistence on controlling others is. Engaging with them can appear to give substance to their demands.

I am only talking about other people in public now, not private business that has mask requirements for entry.

Old 07-08-2021, 09:34 AM

Quote:
And I can ask, "Why is the bank protecting their employees but not their customers?
"Protecting".

A bank can make the mask a condition of employment. This happens just as much out of fear from the public than "protection" of the public or employees.

Old 07-08-2021, 09:41 AM

9,895 posts, read 10,839,173 times
Quote:
Wow... Its really hard to imagine that this escapes you... A private company or corporation having a policy for their employees is perfectly legitimate. Just as respecting their customers freedoms is. Not the banks job TO PROTECT YOUR HEALTH!! Go find another bank! Just as I did with any business that required customers to wear a mask... regardless of how long I was a customer. Its called FREEDOM... you really should look into into it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies