Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2021, 01:34 PM

9 posts, read 14,851 times

Advertisements

Hi All,

(Monroe Township in New Jersey)

We are considering buying a home in Stratford at Monroe. The last thread on this topic was from 2018 and wanted to hear latest thoughts on this project/builder.

Few things about us:

We are a young family of Indian origin currently living in Old Bridge rental apartment. We were initially looking in Marlboro and Cranbury but the type of house we want is already at $900k with multiple bidding wars. We are tired and are considering the new house route. While we understand there is always the quality issues that needs fixing and are ok with it. We will likely add additional $$ to improve insulation for the house while being built. Also looking at long term occupation and not seeing this as a investment to appreciate 2-3x in 15years. While I understand the market is really hot and these new home builders haven’t brought down their prices even when lumber prices are back to last year levels. So it is what it is.

Questions

1. Can current owners comment on the quality of build? What all things do you have to get fixed and would advise new owner like me to watch out for? Is there something I should watch closely during the build phase?

2. How was it to deal with hallmark homes? We’re they still response after you signed contract? Did your delivery date get pushed frequently?

3. Any thing I can negotiate with the builder or doing customization?

4. Did you lose power and/or have flooding during last month’s storm season?

5. Do you have any issues with water quality? I heard reports but wanted to check directly.

6. Any other piece of information about the community that you want to share?

Thank you in advance

Last edited by capriguy84; 09-29-2021 at 02:36 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2021, 05:05 PM

11,350 posts, read 16,714,274 times
Do what we did when we were looking (Not Monroe).

As long as it's not a gated community. Drive around and ask people on the street.

Old 09-30-2021, 07:02 AM

163 posts, read 130,874 times
Agree with above, it's best to ask the people who live there. If this is the community near the Whole Foods in Marlboro, I checked it out a while ago and it seems like your standard builder-grade new construction (i.e. made with stuff you can pull off the shelf at Home Depot).

Old 09-30-2021, 08:30 AM

2,257 posts, read 5,189,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
drive around and ask people on the street.
+1
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey