Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2021, 12:08 PM

23,550 posts, read 17,223,445 times

Advertisements

which is more unacceptable the toll or the traffic or the tax???? Hmm
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2021, 12:17 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,252,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
which is more unacceptable the toll or the traffic or the tax???? Hmm
To me it is the traffic. But I am not as price sensitive.
I like the idea of having a lane where the toll is based on some formula that takes in to account traffic. The more traffic the higher the toll in the express lane so that the express lane always moves.. Or maybe upgraded ezpass similiar to a tsa precheck.
I often consider scheduled appointments by traffic patterns.
I never drive to the shore on a friday afternoon in the summer for example

Old 12-14-2021, 12:45 PM

6,116 posts, read 12,597,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
To me it is the traffic. But I am not as price sensitive.
I like the idea of having a lane where the toll is based on some formula that takes in to account traffic. The more traffic the higher the toll in the express lane so that the express lane always moves.. Or maybe upgraded ezpass similiar to a tsa precheck.
I often consider scheduled appointments by traffic patterns.
I never drive to the shore on a friday afternoon in the summer for example
The fastrak lanes in/around LA have variable pricing based on congestion on their non-tolled routes - for what its worth.
https://www.metroexpresslanes.net/me...message-signs/

Old 12-14-2021, 12:55 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,252,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1200RT View Post
The fastrak lanes in/around LA have variable pricing based on congestion on their non-tolled routes - for what its worth.
https://www.metroexpresslanes.net/me...message-signs/
I would be for that if it actually made a significant difference in travel time.

Old 12-14-2021, 01:13 PM

6,116 posts, read 12,597,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
I would be for that if it actually made a significant difference in travel time.
My experience is that they do work, however there's a tipping point when people will pay nearly everything to avoid socal traffic.

There was also a huge pushback when they were installed. The back story is that many of these lanes were HOV lanes ("carpool" 2+ or 3+) and then converted to toll as single occupant, toll as double occupant (certain time of day) and standard HOV for 3+. Backlash was basically saying that lower income folks were excluded since higher income could always pay. AKA ZIL lanes in Russia. I personally dont care either, but that was the issue.

Old 12-15-2021, 11:59 AM

12,164 posts, read 8,010,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynJo View Post
Would be a bright idea if the path subway was a legit subway that extended from Bayonne all the way up to Fort Lee.

A 40 minute ride from Brooklyn to Fort Lee at 11 pm is a 2 hour ride at 7 am.

Jesus Christ!

How do people even deal with the bus going across the GW bridge is beyond me.
Last night the traffic on the cross bronx and 95 were pretty bad. I think they shut down one of the levels on the GWB.

I usually take the GWB home and it is usually okay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey