Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2008, 08:12 PM

1,369 posts, read 4,639,323 times

Advertisements

I understand that my situation was not at a bar and I stated so. It was just the way that the thread was going was why I added my comments.

I remember being in Ireland (Before the smoke ban) and it was very routine to bring children, even babies into the bar. Yuck!

Shanny
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2008, 02:28 PM

56 posts, read 226,699 times
Default mom of 4.......

AND I couldn't agree MORE!!! I don't understand why parents these days say that they just don't GET why kids are the way they are these days.
It seems so obvious to me............ from the time the kids are born they are treated more like a companion than a child.
My husband & I are the uncool parents.. our kids have bedtimes & we sit at the table & eat meals together.
I love kids....... but they are not my friends & I want them to stay kids for as long as possible. Hard to do when they are sitting at a bar.
Heck its hard enough going to a place like Olive Garden or Applebees with the kids. lol But a place that is SPECIFICALLY for adults ONLY....... I don't get it.

Old 05-26-2008, 02:57 PM

646 posts, read 2,668,685 times
Well I must have done it all wrong then, my children are all grown .We took them to resturants that served liqueur we had a drink with dinner ,we were always welcome back and when and if they missed behaved we left(which did not happen).They know how to behave becuase we showed them ...it's not hard.They are not drunks or hoodlums and I'm pretty sure they don't have arrest records.
I went to bars with my Dad, his friends knew me ,it's where I learned to watch,baseball and golf....give me a coke and some pretzels and I was in heaven and was never kicked out!I will admit those were different times and no one was ever drunk.Now we just didn't hang out there ....yes we played football and baseball and did all that Father and son stuff that was great.I have no problem with kids in Bars/Grills ...or resturants(strip or topless..NO....get real) but the parents must be the responsible ones.

Old 05-26-2008, 04:41 PM

5 posts, read 14,385 times
my grandfather owned a well known bar in englewood cliffs.. i practically grew up in there.. funny i don't drink at all..

Old 05-26-2008, 04:44 PM

5 posts, read 14,385 times
i agree with Giantone. but i think it would be better if the learning was done in the afternoon not late at night..

Old 05-26-2008, 07:57 PM

5,818 posts, read 12,628,316 times
Well I''m next to be the bad dad. We just got home from Charlie Browns with my 4 kids and wife. I had a beer(what a bad father i am). I think the direction of this thread should not be if mom or dad had a drink in a restaurant but more towards drinking at a BAR with underaged children. BTW 2 of my children are of drinking age but they don't drink(at least when I'm around).

Old 05-27-2008, 07:12 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,733,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JERSEY MAN View Post
Well I''m next to be the bad dad. We just got home from Charlie Browns with my 4 kids and wife. I had a beer(what a bad father i am). I think the direction of this thread should not be if mom or dad had a drink in a restaurant but more towards drinking at a BAR with underaged children. BTW 2 of my children are of drinking age but they don't drink(at least when I'm around).

Yeah kind of veered off track..my original beef was 2 kids under the age of 3 belly up to the bar with their clueless parents at 8:30 PM..not an Applebee's not a TGIF but your rowdy neighborhood bar...juke box blaring..people playing Texas Hold EM...people playing pool....those wee ones did not belong there at 8:30 at night

Old 05-27-2008, 08:49 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,378,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
Yeah kind of veered off track..my original beef was 2 kids under the age of 3 belly up to the bar with their clueless parents at 8:30 PM..not an Applebee's not a TGIF but your rowdy neighborhood bar...juke box blaring..people playing Texas Hold EM...people playing pool....those wee ones did not belong there at 8:30 at night
I went to a Karokee bar last night with a group of girlfriends. It was baout 11 pm when we got there. Granted they do sell hot wings, french fries and pizza but most people go there to get drunk and sing badly

There were 2 couples there, looked like they were in there early 20's and they both had kids with them under 5. One little girl was so tired, she was laying down in the booth but she kept popping up because the music was so loud.

IMHO that is bad parenting

Old 05-27-2008, 08:59 AM

5,244 posts, read 4,709,807 times
Horrible...I have seen kids out at 9 at night screaming at the grocery store; kiddos should be home asleep by then, but a BAR, unacceptable!

Old 05-27-2008, 09:19 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,733,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
I went to a Karokee bar last night with a group of girlfriends. It was baout 11 pm when we got there. Granted they do sell hot wings, french fries and pizza but most people go there to get drunk and sing badly

There were 2 couples there, looked like they were in there early 20's and they both had kids with them under 5. One little girl was so tired, she was laying down in the booth but she kept popping up because the music was so loud.

IMHO that is bad parenting
That is exactly the type of situation I'm talking about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey