Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2008, 12:00 AM

1 posts, read 1,716 times

Advertisements

i live in central new jersey (near the shore) and the broker i have been talking to has a habit of promising things he just can't seem to live up to - i wanted to know if anyone had any reccomendations for a reliable broker?? thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2008, 06:06 AM

5,439 posts, read 16,860,945 times
Try Loan Search.

They are a NJ only lender neutral broker.

You do not need to get into a whole deal with them. Just give them your information (you do not even need to provide SSN or anything). What they do is when you tell them your basic financial situation (expected home price, amount down, credit history) and match you up with a bank. If you do not want to use that bank, no obligation whatsoever.

We used them and I thought they were very good. At the time 6% was as good as it got. In fact the rate on our bank's website was higher than the rate we got due to going through loansearch.com. 0 points, $500 app fee which was refunded at closing, no appraisal fee, no processing fee. We only paid "REAL" fees The only thing I have heard from others is that their title insurance was 400 bucks because their bank paid for the remaining amount. Ours was $2000 so it is a few dollars.

Old 07-08-2008, 03:23 PM

7,577 posts, read 22,606,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea76 View Post
i live in central new jersey (near the shore) and the broker i have been talking to has a habit of promising things he just can't seem to live up to - i wanted to know if anyone had any reccomendations for a reliable broker?? thanks
Go direct to a lender....why pay a middleman?

Old 07-11-2008, 09:44 PM

59 posts, read 241,494 times
Broker, Smoker. Just go right to the guy with the cash. Go right to the bank.

Old 07-11-2008, 10:45 PM

1,977 posts, read 7,755,358 times
Brokers are great if you dont have the time to research different lenders on your own. They can offer advice, some will help you clean up erroneous things on your credit report. Ours was awesome, he did all the shopping and back and forth, all we had to do was turn over our last years returns and bank statements then show up to sign the papers. Regrettably hes moved on to working for Chase in the city now otherwise I would have been happy to recommend him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: