Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2023, 04:30 PM

3,423 posts, read 1,840,339 times

Advertisements

I received a letter dated "February 2023" It talks about different bills... A-4241, A-4582, A-4595. The whole letter talks about how fast people get out for car theft and Receiving Stolen Property crimes.

I don't want to re-type the whole letter, but. Did anyone else get this letter? And your thoughts?

I'm not NJ's biggest fan, but, I do "somewhat" have it on Easy Street here (versus anywhere else.) So I'll partake in the "What's going on in NJ" for.. until however long before I have to fly the coop.. this won't be my address forever.

Second paragraph of "Dear Friend" letter says: "It's upsetting enough to think about your car being stolen, but it's traumatizing to imagine someone breaking into your home to steal the keys while your family sleeps. The brazenness of these thieves is disturbing." I almost wonder if the Senator went to Newark recently and had his car stolen....

I live in a "pretty secure area" but every now and then (usually when it gets warm out, in the summer etc) there are some catalytic converter or car thefts.. it's easier to just take the whole car. Don't get me started on how pro car thieves work. They have the efficiency and planning of Amazon.

Again.. your thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2023, 04:47 PM

3,423 posts, read 1,840,339 times
Did anyone else get this letter?

Old 02-13-2023, 06:53 AM

10,471 posts, read 6,982,705 times
No idea, looks to be sending it locally or to specific people to garner support. Catalytic converter theft is a big national issue, and it looks like he is trying to stop people from purchasing them. Also, apparently car theft has skyrocketed with 2010's Kia's and Hyundai's as they are very easy to steal. In some states, insurance companies stopped insuring the cars unless they add in immobilizers and other parts to them.

Old 02-14-2023, 01:20 AM

31,904 posts, read 26,961,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrioticSuperman View Post
Did anyone else get this letter?
Teresa Giudice must not have! *LOL*

https://pagesix.com/2023/02/08/teres...rsey-driveway/

Old 02-14-2023, 01:28 AM

31,904 posts, read 26,961,756 times
Vehicle theft in NJ (and NYC area destined for NJ) is rampant for several reasons.

Huge reason simply is transportation network which includes ports. There are reasons why so much of vehicle theft (including car jackings) happen in or around Newark area (besides usual suspects). Things are packed, crated and gotten to port in record time then shipped out of country. Good number of these thefts are vehicles "ordered" by eejits from all over world including obviously criminal elements. Hence all the MB, BMW, Audi and other high end vehicles that are taken.

Mob, mafia or whatever you want to call them have had their mitts in or about the ports for ages. Anyone who believes every bill of lading or whatever accurately lists contents of a container is dreaming. Neither local LE nor Feds have time nor man power to open up the hundreds of containers that arrive and leave NJ ports on a weekly basis.

Several high end vehicles were stolen (at gun point) from a UWS NYC garage recently. Last seen traveling in direction of "outbound lanes of Lincoln tunnel...)

https://www.westsiderag.com/2023/02/...side-boulevard
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: