Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2023, 12:54 PM

7,349 posts, read 3,520,483 times

Advertisements

Seems pretty high to me but i dont know about whale mortality rates. so either it’s media sensationalism and we should just ignore it, or something bad is happening. if something bad is happening, shouldn’t there be intellectual curiosity as to why no matter where it leads? it seems the green energy crowd doesn’t want to hear anything about a possible correlation between the wind farm construction/sonar use. windmills aren’t really green energy when you consider their path through the supply chain, installation, maintenance, and corporation’s purchasing energy credits to market their toxically produced products…but anyway it would be nice if we had some answers
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2023, 01:24 PM

4,027 posts, read 3,633,251 times
I bet it was the COVID shot

Old 03-02-2023, 01:26 PM

This article says it’s climate change and cargo ships

https://www.businessinsider.com/dead...kes-2023-2?amp

But I still think it was the COVID shot let by Fauci and the fake news liberal media

Old 03-02-2023, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HudsonCoNJ View Post
This article says it’s climate change and cargo ships

https://www.businessinsider.com/dead...kes-2023-2?amp

But I still think it was the COVID shot let by Fauci and the fake news liberal media
interestingly enough they say climate change and online shopping which makes sense because a December spike in whale deaths somehow correlates? and it’s not happening anywhere else? just find it odd. not sure why you are bringing up a Covid shot it’s not like the dying whales are some sort of right wing conspiracy. It actually is happening..

Old 03-02-2023, 01:42 PM

19,120 posts, read 25,316,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
and it’s not happening anywhere else
Where did you get that bit of misinformation?

https://www.fisheries.noaa.gov/natio...west-coast-and

https://www.wabe.org/an-unusually-hi...n-u-s-beaches/

Old 03-02-2023, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
asking a question is misinformation? i see you left out the “?” part of my quote. pretty crappy imo. and my question of is this not happening anywhere else refers to the lack of any articles on my newsfeed regarding dead whales except for in New Jersey, which is why I asked the question.

But based on the information you have provided, it would seem that maybe this is a case of media sensationalism. The media must have something against New Jersey or in some sort of right wing cult.

Old 03-02-2023, 02:09 PM

Quote:
interestingly enough they say climate change and online shopping which makes sense because a December spike in whale deaths somehow correlates? and it’s not happening anywhere else? just find it odd. not sure why you are bringing up a Covid shot it’s not like the dying whales are some sort of right wing conspiracy. It actually is happening..
I just thought it was trendy to blame any sort of harm that happens to living things on the COVID shot. Don’t mind me I just enjoy trolling you

Old 03-02-2023, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HudsonCoNJ View Post
I just thought it was trendy to blame any sort of harm that happens to living things on the COVID shot. Don’t mind me I just enjoy trolling you
Why, do my posts make you that angry?

Old 03-02-2023, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Why, do my posts make you that angry?
Angry? No. Amused? Very much

Old 03-02-2023, 02:43 PM

961 posts, read 722,529 times
Quote:
if something bad is happening, shouldn’t there be intellectual curiosity as to why no matter where it leads?
I'm not sure why you think there isn't intellectual curiosity around this, it has been making local news for months and now national news, including front page in the NYT two days ago. As that article states, it's highly possible that there are many factors at play, including warming oceans (which may change whale migratory patterns, including into existing shipping channels), supply chain disruptions (freight carriers also changing routes by cutting closer to shore to cut down on longer lead-times & port congestion), and yes potential infrastructure buildouts from offshore wind farms (as mentioned openly in the article).

Clearly scientists don't know what is causing the die-off, otherwise they would make suggestions on how to stop it. Since you're keying in on the wind farm aspect, the article stated that NOAA has does not have any evidence that wind farms can cause whale deaths. That is a factual statement. But the article also acknowledges that not much is know how these two intersect.

This is not a 'green energy crowd' conspiracy. There are things that just need to be investigated before we/they/whoever have all the answers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey