Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2023, 07:17 PM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG183 View Post
Not exactly news. In 2018 or '19, I heard the same thing from then-Gov. Cuomo when I attended a breakfast in Midtown with him and about 900 of his other best friends. I mean, it was ALWAYS out front and understood that the congestion pricing money was for the MTA.

Old 12-10-2023, 08:19 PM

19,049 posts, read 13,964,273 times
My boss is going to add $30 per day to estimates within the zone. For my other job, with reimbursements, I’ll be adding it even when I take the train. Win win.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2023, 06:13 AM

4,156 posts, read 4,176,092 times
MTA has enough money. It is not about revenue, it is the spending. If you don’t deal with waste, you can increase the mid budget by 10x, they will still find ways to over spending.

With that being said, it is just another money grab from the working class.

Old 12-11-2023, 06:37 AM

10,483 posts, read 6,999,249 times
Certainly will hurt the people who commute to work in those areas. Also, makes people think twice about living in NJ with the need to commute w/ car, even if its only occasionally.

Old 12-11-2023, 10:48 AM

12,169 posts, read 8,014,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
Certainly will hurt the people who commute to work in those areas. Also, makes people think twice about living in NJ with the need to commute w/ car, even if its only occasionally.
am I hearing lower rent prices??

Old 12-11-2023, 01:38 PM

1,620 posts, read 3,774,845 times
still going to be free to crap on the street, right?

Old 12-12-2023, 09:22 AM

2,669 posts, read 2,092,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Obviously was speaking about those who will have to pass through congestion pricing zone on way to another destination. Then of course there are those who will find their destination well within zone.

Drivers going to Queens (and by extension Long Island), and Brooklyn who take tunnels and took Canal or whatever cross street to reach East River crossings will get hit if they drive through congestion toll zone. Way around this will be going north to GWB or another route and or via SIE to VNB into Brooklyn.

If you're going into city to see a show or something Lincoln Center is one of few spaces not in congestion toll zone, but how are you going to get there without going through the zone? Virtually all Broadway and other such places are well within congestion pricing zone including Madison Square Garden.
There is an easy solution to this issue. Use public transportation to avoid horrible traffic, high tolls and inevitable fatal accidents. I am not sure that you know that taking NJT trains/buses is a viable option.

If someone is going to the Lincoln center, it is well connected by the 1 subway train to both Penn station and PBTA. And the walk to the Penn station from Lincoln center is very nice and takes about 30 minutes. You walk through the Columbus center, Trump tower, the entrance to Central park, etc. We took our kids to see a circus at Lincoln Center a few weeks ago and then all of us enjoyed walking to Penn station.

If anything, I would've loved to see the surcharge be even higher with 20 - 30% of the funds raised shared with NJT. The transit systems in this country have been starved for funds for a long time...

Old 12-12-2023, 05:00 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,253,662 times
It's not enough to really change anything.

Traffic will still be just as bad as it is now, it's just that everyone will be paying a little more.

Old 12-12-2023, 05:36 PM

10,222 posts, read 19,216,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefiantNJ View Post
There is an easy solution to this issue. Use public transportation to avoid horrible traffic, high tolls and inevitable fatal accidents. I am not sure that you know that taking NJT trains/buses is a viable option.
NJT is horrible too, however.

Old 12-14-2023, 05:18 AM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nybbler View Post
NJT is horrible too, however.
Not really. The trains run pretty well. I am on one right now, in fact!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey