Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2024, 01:44 PM

133 posts, read 141,738 times

Advertisements

Despite having been in NJ for over 20 years, never been down to the Jersey shore . Planning on taking the family for a short getaway this weekend. Which place do you prefer and why? Wildwoods or Seven Mile Beach? Top criteria for us are in that order: 1)Food 2)Walkability 3) some fun activities
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2024, 07:26 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,771,091 times
How is it even possible that you have been here for over 20 years and never been down the shore once? And of all times to take your first trip there, you want to do it THIS weekend? In February?

Pass. This is a joke.

Old 02-15-2024, 02:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leps12 View Post
How is it even possible that you have been here for over 20 years and never been down the shore once? And of all times to take your first trip there, you want to do it THIS weekend? In February?

Pass. This is a joke.
I don't like crowds. I'm happy staying home playing games. My daughter however enjoys these trips and school has a 4 day break this weekend.

I take it this is a dumb time to go?

Old 02-15-2024, 05:35 AM

10,699 posts, read 7,201,962 times
I don't know how you have never been to the Jersey Shore, it's like living in Orlando and never being to Disney. Don't think either Wildwood or "seven mile" would be on my bucket list for visiting the Jersey Shore the first time. It's going to be dead, meaning 99% closed.

I'd probably go see a bird sanctuary or do some hiking, as the environment is going to drastically change after wind turbines are built.

Old 02-15-2024, 06:52 AM

5,254 posts, read 3,834,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leps12 View Post

Pass. This is a joke.

Actually I used to love doing day trips down the shore in the Winter hitting bars.

Old 02-15-2024, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
I don't know how you have never been to the Jersey Shore, it's like living in Orlando and never being to Disney. Don't think either Wildwood or "seven mile" would be on my bucket list for visiting the Jersey Shore the first time. It's going to be dead, meaning 99% closed.

I'd probably go see a bird sanctuary or do some hiking, as the environment is going to drastically change after wind turbines are built.
Thanks, got it! Switching plans now, saw a few good deals for some nice NYC hotels for the weekend. We'll probably do that instead.

Old 02-15-2024, 07:10 AM

6,203 posts, read 3,579,829 times
For future reference since you're going to NYC instead....

I love the the jersey shore in the winter time. No people! I don't know where you're coming from but Wildwoods and 7 Mile are really far away. Asbury Park is a lot closer and has stuff open in the winter. Red Bank is a good option, too, and close to the shore.

Old 02-15-2024, 07:10 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,756,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peoj View Post
Thanks, got it! Switching plans now, saw a few good deals for some nice NYC hotels for the weekend. We'll probably do that instead.
You can still go "Down the Shore", still plenty of things to do. Point Pleasant is a nice Walkable Boardwalk with things to see and so., Cape May is another.

Old 02-15-2024, 07:12 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,756,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post

...........or not.

Old 02-15-2024, 08:08 AM

10,699 posts, read 7,201,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peoj View Post
Not to rip the shore apart, we rented a hotel last weekend in LBI and stayed down there. Its quite enjoyable walking the beach and going out to the few restaurants and bars that were open. We know the area and what we like.

The best place to be this time of year locally are the Poconos, the cold weather feels much warmer up there. Lots of things to do up there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey