Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2024, 07:10 AM

89,077 posts, read 85,693,873 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancers View Post
You voted for Biden even knowing his history? This guy's political career should have been dead and buried after his stunts in 1988.
I couldn't stand him when he was Vice President. But again, the point was to get Trump out of there. I figured yeah, this idiot was better than the other idiot, and in four years we'd have two fresh choices...but here we are. Idiot v. Idiot once again. If that's all the rest of The People who share my country want, the highest your standards go, have at it. I will put my vote elsewhere and continue on with my life regardless of whichever idiot lands back in the spot.

Old 05-18-2024, 11:20 AM

5,307 posts, read 3,880,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I couldn't stand him when he was Vice President. But again, the point was to get Trump out of there. I figured yeah, this idiot was better than the other idiot, and in four years we'd have two fresh choices...but here we are. Idiot v. Idiot once again. If that's all the rest of The People who share my country want, the highest your standards go, have at it. I will put my vote elsewhere and continue on with my life regardless of whichever idiot lands back in the spot.
Well you got him out of there and the adults are back in the room. So now we have an administration involved in conflicts around the world and don't think it might be a good idea to even talk to our so called enemies. Vote Biden again and you won't have to worry about retiring. We'll all be dead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2024, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancers View Post
Well you got him out of there and the adults are back in the room. So now we have an administration involved in conflicts around the world and don't think it might be a good idea to even talk to our so called enemies. Vote Biden again and you won't have to worry about retiring. We'll all be dead.
Oh the drama. But since I've already stated I'm NOT voting for Biden again, I'm not sure why you said that. Except for the drama part, of course.

Old 05-18-2024, 08:08 PM

29 posts, read 28,073 times
Quote:
There are too many coincidences and signs to ignore about Trump that he was divinely chosen for a mission.
Quote:
I do know that everything Trump has done, is in Gods plan and what Trump does is taking in consideration of God. Trump even completed the fulfillment of Biblical Prophecy on May 14, 2018.
"Hello in there, Cliff. Tell me, what color is the sky in your world?"

Old 05-18-2024, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsick View Post
"Hello in there, Cliff. Tell me, what color is the sky in your world?"

This is what is disturbing. They believe this stuff, that there's some sort of divine reason why Donald Trump--DONALD FRIGGIN TRUMP!--should be President, and he knows that these people believe this and plays into it to rope in followers and obtain the attention he craves and which is what drives his every move.

They actually think he cares about them, or at the very least cares about the United States. NO, Donald Trump cares about Donald Trump, and while he could be amusing as a sort of only-in-New-York character, and I guess people were impressed with that TV show he had that I never saw, but this spotlight-hound does not have the leadership qualities we want in a President. Someone so wrapped up in self-centeredness like this is not a good idea.

In fact, it's been a long time, I can't remember when, since I felt as if we had someone with leadership qualities in office. I'm starting to understand that maybe whoever is in the POTUS seat doesn't really even matter. Put a ventroliquist's dummy in there, same results.

Old 05-18-2024, 11:38 PM

10,820 posts, read 7,290,729 times
Quote:
This is what is disturbing. They believe this stuff, that there's some sort of divine reason why Donald Trump--DONALD FRIGGIN TRUMP!--should be President, and he knows that these people believe this and plays into it to rope in followers and obtain the attention he craves and which is what drives his every move.

They actually think he cares about them, or at the very least cares about the United States. NO, Donald Trump cares about Donald Trump, and while he could be amusing as a sort of only-in-New-York character, and I guess people were impressed with that TV show he had that I never saw, but this spotlight-hound does not have the leadership qualities we want in a President. Someone so wrapped up in self-centeredness like this is not a good idea.

In fact, it's been a long time, I can't remember when, since I felt as if we had someone with leadership qualities in office. I'm starting to understand that maybe whoever is in the POTUS seat doesn't really even matter. Put a ventroliquist's dummy in there, same results.
Trumps instincts are unmatched in the world. While the fools laugh and don't have a clue, Trump has always been right and the truth has always prevailed.

https://youtu.be/FfJv9QYrlwg?si=w53fJiwbhvUZDfEV

Let's talk to the Germans today.

Remembers number one fear facing America, was North Korea and was anticipating a war. Trump solved it, Hillary wanted to see a 100,000 dead American soldiers there.

Old 05-19-2024, 01:36 AM

374 posts, read 96,225 times
Quote:
But why is this so disturbing? Many Trump supporters actually believe in the national moto. "In God We Trust". The policy differences between the two candidates are so great that they truly believe that this nation will not survive another four years of Biden. They also believe that there is not another candidate that could put up with what Trump has had to endure and not give up. All the phony court cases are falling apart. He is in court all day and keeps campaigning at night. I think Trump has learned that prayer actually helps.

Old 05-19-2024, 06:20 AM

20,377 posts, read 9,254,995 times
neither of these candidates are good people. There is no moral high ground here.

Old 05-19-2024, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtolympus View Post
But why is this so disturbing? Many Trump supporters actually believe in the national moto. "In God We Trust". The policy differences between the two candidates are so great that they truly believe that this nation will not survive another four years of Biden. They also believe that there is not another candidate that could put up with what Trump has had to endure and not give up. All the phony court cases are falling apart. He is in court all day and keeps campaigning at night. I think Trump has learned that prayer actually helps.
Huh. I can't imagine him actually praying, but only God knows, I suppose.

As to why I think it's disturbing, it seems obvious. Nothing good ever comes when people elevate a human being to divine or near-divine status.

Biden has nothing to do with it, and lose the silly drama, we'll survive him, we've survived worse. We survived Trump, too, and if he gets re-elected, we'll survive that.

By the way, I think the court cases are stupid, too, and nothing but political maneuvering. Despite the fact that I don't think Donald Trump should have ever been President, he WAS. Let him go retire and play golf or whatever in peace. And let Biden go retire and do whatever he does. But noooooo, it's working for someone(s) to keep this ridiculous contest going, and the majority of the population is falling right into that trap.

All it does is divide. We need real leadership, candidates who will bring America together, not actively seek to divide it. Neither Biden nor Trump seems interested in that, and in fact, both appear to want to further divide for their own agendas.

I hope in time more people see this.

Old 05-19-2024, 08:24 AM

1,003 posts, read 757,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
neither of these candidates are good people. There is no moral high ground here.
Maybe not, but there’s most definitely a higher ground. Trump and his band of congressional cronies are an actual danger to democracy. Not a single one of them would be employable in the private sector with their behavior. That should tell you something right there. It is a complete clown show.

Biden is meh at best. But at least he has repopulated the civil service with adults (Tony Blinken and the like) that give us a fighting chance of navigating complex global relationships.

A vote for Trump is a vote for a match and some gasoline. And I think that’s what the majority of his voters want tbh. They’ve been mostly left behind economically, and, well, this will show them.

Last edited by Mightyqueen801; 05-19-2024 at 01:48 PM.. Reason: Quote tag
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey