Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2024, 02:10 PM

20,377 posts, read 9,260,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcb175 View Post
Maybe not, but there’s most definitely a higher ground. Trump and his band of congressional cronies are an actual danger to democracy. Not a single one of them would be employable in the private sector with their behavior. That should tell you something right there. It is a complete clown show.

Biden is meh at best. But at least he has repopulated the civil service with adults (Tony Blinken and the like) that give us a fighting chance of navigating complex global relationships.

A vote for Trump is a vote for a match and some gasoline. And I think that’s what the majority of his voters want tbh. They’ve been mostly left behind economically, and, well, this will show them.
sorry, Biden's answer to navigating through complex global issues has been as an arms dealer, not a peacemaker. He deserves no more respect than Trump. Those are adults I want nothing to do with. Thousands of women and children have been killed with American bombs within the past year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2024, 02:45 PM

374 posts, read 96,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Huh. I can't imagine him actually praying, but only God knows, I suppose.
Very true.

Quote:
As to why I think it's disturbing, it seems obvious. Nothing good ever comes when people elevate a human being to divine or near-divine status.
Trump is a flawed human being, everyone knows that. However, his flaws have been greatly exaggerated in the media. People believe in him because he is a leader for their cause who doesn't give up.

Quote:
Biden has nothing to do with it,
I agree, Biden is not the one who is running the country.

Quote:
and lose the silly drama, we'll survive him, we've survived worse. We survived Trump, too, and if he gets re-elected, we'll survive that.
Oh, I know we will survive. But I believe we will see a lot of silly drama this election year. I believe Biden will not be on the ballot in November and he will likely be out of office by the end of July.

Old 05-19-2024, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedReddington View Post
How anyone with even a 1/4" of a brain cell actually 1.Believes he is praying and 2. Believes that he believes in prayer or anything other than the almighty dollar is beyond me
Trump is a billionaire. Running for President is not about making money.

Old 05-19-2024, 07:27 PM

89,077 posts, read 85,693,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtolympus View Post
Trump is a billionaire. Running for President is not about making money.
Yeah, I don't think it was ever about money for him, but about feeding his ego. Huge throngs of people listening to him, following him, some to the point of near worship, are what he craves. Unfortunately, he's also discovered the downside of all that attention.

Old 05-19-2024, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedReddington View Post
Not quite sure he's a billionaire anymore, i havent been keeping track recently but i doubt it
You mean because Letitia James fined him $354 Million to cripple his campaign? Trump's net worth will fluctuate between $2 billion and $7 billion depending on the stock value of his company Truth Social. Today it is above 7 billion but he can't sell any stock until about October 1.

Old 05-19-2024, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Yeah, I don't think it was ever about money for him, but about feeding his ego. Huge throngs of people listening to him, following him, some to the point of near worship, are what he craves.
Of course he enjoys the fact that up to 100,000 want to attend his rallies. I really don't see anything wrong with that. The only reason to be upset about that, is if you just don't like the guy or his policies.

Quote:
Unfortunately, he's also discovered the downside of all that attention.
The downside does not come the attention he gets. The down side comes from facing the corrupt establishment that has thrown everything they have at him since 2016.

Here is a 3 minute video, an interview with Oprah Winfrey in 1988, that proves he has long wanted to solve the countries problems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEPs17_AkTI

Old 05-20-2024, 04:10 AM

4,198 posts, read 5,113,685 times
Any NJ homeowner would be nuts to vote for TFG, as he would come after our SALT deductions again.
Not to mention all of the other negatives he brings with him.

Old 05-20-2024, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtolympus View Post
Of course he enjoys the fact that up to 100,000 want to attend his rallies. I really don't see anything wrong with that. The only reason to be upset about that, is if you just don't like the guy or his policies.

The downside does not come the attention he gets. The down side comes from facing the corrupt establishment that has thrown everything they have at him since 2016.

Here is a 3 minute video, an interview with Oprah Winfrey in 1988, that proves he has long wanted to solve the countries problems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEPs17_AkTI
Where did I ever say I was upset over the numbers at the rally at Wildwood? Don't make up stupid stuff and try to make it sound as if I said something I didn't. I hate that stupid Internet tactic. It's childish.

What I said is that Trump's MAIN REASON for running/holding office is because it feeds his ego. I get that some of you believe he really wants to do something good for the country. I don't see it. I feel like he has you fooled as part of his ego-feeding. He tells you what you want to hear, feeds you an "enemy" to gang up on and feel righteous about. You are worshiping a mere man, and your enemies are your fellow Americans. I think that is dangerous.

I could only watch a bit of that vid right now because I am on a train. I will listen later when I won't disturb anyone. I don't yet know everything he says, and again, he is on Oprah, the hottest spotlight a person who craves attention can be on in 1988. But doesn't it strike you on how different and ARTICULATE he is 35 years ago? This is not the same person we see now.

Old 05-20-2024, 06:26 AM

20,377 posts, read 9,260,448 times
Trump has a personality disorder. Biden has dementia. Neither are worship material. I wish they would both go away. A lot of tough choices will need to be made in the future, our present track is unsustainable. Leave your kids and grandkids what you can, they'll be much more effected than you.

Old 05-20-2024, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
Trump has a personality disorder. Biden has dementia. Neither are worship material. I wish they would both go away. A lot of tough choices will need to be made in the future, our present track is unsustainable. Leave your kids and grandkids what you can, they'll be much more effected than you.
Sing it. Something is truly dysfunctional in our country when these two are our choices. AGAIN.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey