Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2024, 10:46 AM

10,820 posts, read 7,290,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Where did I ever say I was upset over the numbers at the rally at Wildwood? Don't make up stupid stuff and try to make it sound as if I said something I didn't. I hate that stupid Internet tactic. It's childish.

What I said is that Trump's MAIN REASON for running/holding office is because it feeds his ego. I get that some of you believe he really wants to do something good for the country. I don't see it. I feel like he has you fooled as part of his ego-feeding. He tells you what you want to hear, feeds you an "enemy" to gang up on and feel righteous about. You are worshiping a mere man, and your enemies are your fellow Americans. I think that is dangerous.

I could only watch a bit of that vid right now because I am on a train. I will listen later when I won't disturb anyone. I don't yet know everything he says, and again, he is on Oprah, the hottest spotlight a person who craves attention can be on in 1988. But doesn't it strike you on how different and ARTICULATE he is 35 years ago? This is not the same person we see now.
Listen how Trump and Biden both carry themselves. Biden is proven liar, and will say and do anything he can to be popular for the moment. Last week he said he was a truck driver in his past, and teeter tots on the Israel-Palestine issue, along with what is popular at the moment with his leftist base.

Trump is firm on his beliefs, the point of that Oprah video that was posted was that Trump 1988 verse 2024, is identical, he is saying the exactly what he said 36 years ago. If someone can pull up the Larry King video also, Trump is identical from decades ago there too, and also the David Letterman interview from way back in the day.

People love Trump because he stays true to his convictions and he puts the country, and what is right above himself. He is out to fix everything that has been wrong with country for the last 50 years, and there are people who recognize this and there are unfortunately people who hang on to what the media and their swampy politicians lie about.

Everything that the Democrats and Media throw at Trump, bounces off of him. These people are the crooks of the country, and its clear to anyone without a veil of their heads.

Its also funny seeing people, trying to pick at reasons they don't like Trump. "Oh he said a mean thing", "oh he made fun of a reporter", meanwhile you have a guy who devalued the dollar 25%, lies daily, and he is the "good guy". Also the accusation that Trump isn't "Christian enough" is ridiculous. He is probably the most Christian President of my lifetime at least, meanwhile the current President has been banned from receiving Communion at the Catholic Church.

The best comparison I can make from the anti-Trumpers is "I don't want eat food served from Trump because he might have not washed his hands" but "Ill take a spoon to eat directly from Bidens diarrhea in a toilet bowl instead".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2024, 11:29 AM

89,077 posts, read 85,670,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
Listen how Trump and Biden both carry themselves. Biden is proven liar, and will say and do anything he can to be popular for the moment. Last week he said he was a truck driver in his past, and teeter tots on the Israel-Palestine issue, along with what is popular at the moment with his leftist base.

Trump is firm on his beliefs, the point of that Oprah video that was posted was that Trump 1988 verse 2024, is identical, he is saying the exactly what he said 36 years ago. If someone can pull up the Larry King video also, Trump is identical from decades ago there too, and also the David Letterman interview from way back in the day.

People love Trump because he stays true to his convictions and he puts the country, and what is right above himself. He is out to fix everything that has been wrong with country for the last 50 years, and there are people who recognize this and there are unfortunately people who hang on to what the media and their swampy politicians lie about.

Everything that the Democrats and Media throw at Trump, bounces off of him. These people are the crooks of the country, and its clear to anyone without a veil of their heads.

Its also funny seeing people, trying to pick at reasons they don't like Trump. "Oh he said a mean thing", "oh he made fun of a reporter", meanwhile you have a guy who devalued the dollar 25%, lies daily, and he is the "good guy". Also the accusation that Trump isn't "Christian enough" is ridiculous. He is probably the most Christian President of my lifetime at least, meanwhile the current President has been banned from receiving Communion at the Catholic Church.

The best comparison I can make from the anti-Trumpers is "I don't want eat food served from Trump because he might have not washed his hands" but "Ill take a spoon to eat directly from Bidens diarrhea in a toilet bowl instead".
That (rather nasty) last paragraph only reflects YOUR PERSONAL way of thinking, which I believe is a huge problem with a lot of people on this country. I have clearly and unequivocally stated, as have others who think in more complex ways, that just because we do not like Trump for President, it does not mean we prefer Biden. It's puzzling how supposed adults cannot grasp such a simple statement. However, one explanation is that it demonstrates the damage of a black/white, good/evil, right/wrong, polarized view of the world. He counts on that, and he's not stupid. He sees that there are plenty of people who wholly embrace that way of thinking, and all he has to do is tap into your fears and put them into the framework that skews him as the savior. It is quite sad, really.

On the other hand, Biden does not have that hypnotic power over anyone. He just has to be Not Trump. That's not sufficient anymore for many who voted for him last time.

By the way--I know by now you don't read, you just serve up canned responses that I suspect are provided to you, because they are not actual responses to what was said--who cares if Trump is a Christian or not? That is not the issue. The issue is that he is a human being, a man, and yet you and others whose job it is to sell him are working to fool people into believing he is God's choice, predicted in scripture, etc. You guys KNOW there are people out there who will actually genuinely believe that. That's wrong, and it is dangerous.

Last edited by Mightyqueen801; 05-20-2024 at 12:13 PM..

Old 05-20-2024, 11:59 AM

1,003 posts, read 757,496 times
Quote:

A) This cannot possible be true, and if it is, that says more about Christianity than it does about Trump (on second thought, maybe you're right). Yikes.
B) It also does not matter, as there should be a clear separation of church & state

What Trump or Biden does on Sunday mornings does not interest me, as long as it has no bearing on how they govern Monday - Saturday.

Old 05-20-2024, 12:00 PM

374 posts, read 96,225 times
Quote:
Where did I ever say I was upset over the numbers at the rally at Wildwood? Don't make up stupid stuff and try to make it sound as if I said something I didn't. I hate that stupid Internet tactic. It's childish.
You said, "Huge throngs of people listening to him, following him, some to the point of near worship, are what he craves."
Sorry. No stupid, childish Internet tactic was intended.

Quote:
What I said is that Trump's MAIN REASON for running/holding office is because it feeds his ego.
I posted the video to show he has for a long time wanted solve certain problems in our country. You may not agree with him, but you can't say he doesn't love America. Yes he has an ego but what successful person doesn't have an ego.

Quote:
I get that some of you believe he really wants to do something good for the country. I don't see it.
That is why I posted the video. Now you know.

Old 05-20-2024, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtolympus View Post
You said, "Huge throngs of people listening to him, following him, some to the point of near worship, are what he craves."
Sorry. No stupid, childish Internet tactic was intended.

I posted the video to show he has for a long time wanted solve certain problems in our country. You may not agree with him, but you can't say he doesn't love America. Yes he has an ego but what successful person doesn't have an ego.

That is why I posted the video. Now you know.
I'd have even a larger ego if I was Trump. He has been proven right with just about every single thing he has said about foreign policy, covid, and mainstream media lies.

His message has always remained consistent, even from that Oprah interview.

Trump is now having a rally Thursday in the Bronx, which is ground zero for the Democrat voters. It looks like the people there are very excited to have him there.

Old 05-20-2024, 02:01 PM

89,077 posts, read 85,670,613 times
Quote:
I'd have even a larger ego if I was Trump. He has been proven right with just about every single thing he has said about foreign policy, covid, and mainstream media lies.

Trump is now having a rally Thursday in the Bronx, which is ground zero for the Democrat voters. It looks like the people there are very excited to have him there.
They will show up. I think it will be less of He Is Sent By God! and more to do with the illegal immigrants flooding the city that draws them in, though.

Old 05-20-2024, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Very true.

Quote:
Yes, there is another video that compares his views then with his views now. They are exactly the same. Unlike Biden who changes with the political wind.

Quote:
Yes, some people are waking up. It is not about personalities, it's about the corrupt establishment and it's policies.

Old 05-20-2024, 02:21 PM

Quote:
They will show up. I think it will be less of He Is Sent By God! and more to do with the illegal immigrants flooding the city that draws them in, though.
Bingo!

Old 05-20-2024, 02:53 PM

3,879 posts, read 4,310,272 times
Quote:

Proven right about what? Trump has no policies and no accomplishments in his first administration other than riding on Obama's coattails of an already recovered and functioning economy (other than improving his golf handicap score). He couldn't even pass what was going to supposedly be his administration's great achievement to repeal and replace Obamacare when the GOP controlled the House and Senate (with that "great" and "beautiful" cheap healthcare plan)...basically Used Car Salesman 101. His own party members didn't buy into that crap. He didn't even finish his Ming Dynasty's vision of the laughable great Wall. He's like the "popular" dude running for class president, all flash and no substance.

He inherited a great economy and as soon as the first crisis hit, he folded like a cheap wallet and got FIRED and blamed everybody but himself. What foreign policy accomplishments? and covid accomplishments? He foolishly parroted foxnews garbage about the pandemic; misinforming and misleading a lot of people to their own death and demise; and in many cased long term covid ailments.

Sure, he can sell ice to an Eskemo, and very good at it. There is no substance there or ability to govern; just a chronic slogan brander and a leader of lemmings.

I predict if he wins again or loses (and he will claim he won anyway, he's already prepped that garbage), he will be walked out of the White House Nixon style. This guy is a leader of fools and lala land fantasies.

Lastly, when Covid hit in March of 2020, my first thought was, at best, this is a 7-10 year ride before the entire economy returns to any sense of normal. The Supply Chain ecosystem got turned upside down. And if Trump had remained President, I was under the impression a 10-15 year return to normalcy after getting him kicked in in 2024 (economy in terms of housing prices, etc) and under Biden, 7-10 years and be glad Biden took over. Trump has no fkn idea as to what he is doing, no clue.

Last edited by Big Aristotle; 05-20-2024 at 03:08 PM..

Old 05-20-2024, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Aristotle View Post
Proven right about what? Trump has no policies and no accomplishments in his first administration other than riding on Obama's coattails of an already recovered and functioning economy (other than improving his golf handicap score). He couldn't even pass what was going to supposedly be his administration's great achievement to repeal and replace Obamacare when the GOP controlled the House and Senate (with that "great" and "beautiful" cheap healthcare plan)...basically Used Car Salesman 101. His own party members didn't buy into that crap. He didn't even finish his Ming Dynasty's vision of the laughable great Wall. He's like the "popular" dude running for class president, all flash and no substance.

He inherited a great economy and as soon as the first crisis hit, he folded like a cheap wallet and got FIRED and blamed everybody but himself. What foreign policy accomplishments? and covid accomplishments? He foolishly parroted foxnews garbage about the pandemic; misinforming and misleading a lot of people to their own death and demise; and in many cased long term covid ailments.

Sure, he can sell ice to an Eskemo, and very good at it. There is no substance there or ability to govern; just a chronic slogan brander and a leader of lemmings.

I predict if he wins again or loses (and he will claim he won anyway, he's already prepped that garbage), he will be walked out of the White House Nixon style. This guy is a leader of fools and lala land fantasies.

Lastly, when Covid hit in March of 2020, my first thought was, at best, this is a 7-10 year ride before the entire economy returns to any sense of normal. The Supply Chain ecosystem got turned upside down. And if Trump had remained President, I was under the impression a 10-15 year return to normalcy after getting him kicked in in 2024 (economy in terms of housing prices, etc) and under Biden, 7-10 years and be glad Biden took over. Trump has no fkn idea as to what he is doing, no clue.
Obama sold out the country!! Barack Obama "Our best days are behind us, we should be used to 1% GDP" blah, blah, blah. Trump cancelled the TPP in his first few days, tax deals, trade deals, we had the best economy since WWII. The US was making so much money, employers gave bonuses changed 401k matches. I benefited from both a 401k match increase and a raise because of the economy. People were upset about the Obama economy, and thats why Trump got into office (man, memories are short).

Trumps going to redo healthcare, its unfortunate Republicans couldn't get their act together the first time, and you have losers like John McCain who voted against Republicans because he is bitter, horrible old man. However, house has been cleaned, and the RINO's are mostly out.

I hope you do realize that we had 1.8% inflation with Trump through Covid. Inflation was a result of Biden and Dems passing massive bills by printing money. You ever hear Biden brag he got all this done without passing taxes? Its because printed 25% of the US currency to pay for his spending. Unfortunately the plan to print the money and send it overseas didn't work out, because of oil and the appetite for the dollar went down. The "supply issues" were given as a excuse in 2022 for inflation, which turned out to be mostly not true. Janet Yellen came out last month "I was wrong about Inflation being transitory" which she admits about the "supply chain lie", this woman is nothing but a political pawn swamp creature and part of the Biden cancer in this country.

One of the first things Trump is going to do, is an executive power grab to get "Impoundment Control" back as a Presidential Power. There is no end to inflation in the future, Dems and Biden pushed through so much money, that it has to be spent by Congress and much of it hasn't yet. Impoundment Control give the President power to take back money that was allocated by Congress, and not spent. This was always a Presidential Power until Nixon gave it away, to try to negotiate with Congress before being kicked the curb. This one act will end alot of the inflation suffering that we are dealing with under this Administration. Bidens Chief Economist, is literally a music teacher, no wonder why we have so many issues. Getting the professionals and adults back in the room, cannot happen any sooner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey