Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 07:50 AM

13 posts, read 36,382 times

Advertisements

Hi! My husband is being transferred to Wayne, NJ from NC and we were looking in the Sparta area. Can anyone give me any input about the Sparta schools? Have one in Middle, one who will start elementary and one on the way, so schools are important. Also, what is the closest and best hospital and drive time to it? Any idea on commute time to Wayne and Parsippany? Any other areas in the vicinity that you would point me toward besides Sparta? Thank you so much! I really appreciate any input.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2008, 07:55 AM

1,308 posts, read 4,620,543 times
What

Old 06-10-2008, 07:55 AM

1,972 posts, read 5,422,612 times
Where?

Old 06-10-2008, 07:57 AM

Sorry about that.......What about living in Wayne or Pompton Plains.....the schools are decent......Sparta is expensive and he would have to leave really early cause that commute on 80 is horrible.

Old 06-10-2008, 07:58 AM

lol Alex figures you are the first to see I sent it too fast......

Old 06-10-2008, 08:08 AM

I'm just lurking today, reading posts and staying in the background, as far as Sparta is concern, it has the reputation of been a bit pricey because of Lake Mohawk, commute to parsipanny even during rush hour I don't think it's more than an hour (depending of course which are of parsippany) Wayne is also very nice altough it has the bad rep of flooding a lot, schools in both town are decent, OP, did you consider perhaps Fairfield?

Old 06-10-2008, 08:26 AM

13 posts, read 36,382 times
I think I have missed the joke of the what and where. I have a good sense of humor, I can take it. I have not looked in Fairfield or Pompton Plains. I will research that as well. We have looked in Wayne and are looking for a bit newer homes. The ones I have found in Wayne actually seem to be more expensive and the taxes seemed almost as high. Maybe I am looking in the wrong area. I would love to be in a good school district, area with lots of kids to play with and close to a good hospital. Those are the important things as well as a newer home. It is so hard to move to an area that you know nothing about so I really appreciate your help.

Old 06-10-2008, 08:33 AM

Well, taxes no matter where you go will be higher than in NC no matter what. As far as hospitals the only 2 that come to mind is Newton Memorial Hospital or St Claires, you might want to try even Parisppany itself or Whippany & Lake Hiawatha or perhaps Pine Brook, all very close to Parsippany & Wayne.

Old 06-10-2008, 08:54 AM

A new home in Pompton Plains would go for about $700k....Wayne has alot of areas that are nice not in flood......What about Newton?

Old 11-25-2008, 03:08 PM

63 posts, read 125,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by schellh View Post
I think I have missed the joke of the what and where. I have a good sense of humor, I can take it. I have not looked in Fairfield or Pompton Plains. I will research that as well. We have looked in Wayne and are looking for a bit newer homes. The ones I have found in Wayne actually seem to be more expensive and the taxes seemed almost as high. Maybe I am looking in the wrong area. I would love to be in a good school district, area with lots of kids to play with and close to a good hospital. Those are the important things as well as a newer home. It is so hard to move to an area that you know nothing about so I really appreciate your help.
I live in Sparta and have grown up in the Wayne area and although they are right about the commute on RT23 or RT80...the Pompton Plains vs. Sparta are totally different as far as population/size/landscape, etc. However, knowing NC if you would like a little more rural and small town,Sparta is for you. Pompton Plains has decent schools as does Sparta, but properties are a little closer together. As far as taxes, they are right, no matter where you go they are high and you cannot get away from it in NJ. Corruption to thank for that. Let me know if you would like more information on the schools, I used to teach and have little ones of my own. Glad to help!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey