Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2008, 09:41 AM

3,859 posts, read 9,980,420 times

Advertisements

Ok-house is almost down, now we have to take on the challenge of planning a wedding!!!

Seriously though we're looking to have between 75 and 100 people (we're thinking that we'll end up with 80 or so actually coming), and that the best area for a reception is somewhere in Somerset County. My family is mostly south or out of state and hers is mostly north or out of state. Plus we're thinking of getting married in High Bridge since that will be the church we'll be attending, so it would be very convenient to have everyone hop on 78 east for a 25 or so minute drive to the reception. Is anyone familiar with the following places?

Bridgewater Manor - Bridgewater
The Palace at Somerset Park - Somerset
The Somerset Hills Hotel - Warren
The Inn at Somerset Hills - Basking Ridge
Bridgewater Marriott - Bridgewater
Hotel Sierra - Branchburg

I'll be e-mailing all of them I was just hoping that maybe someone on here either had a wedding or attended one at one of these places.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2008, 10:06 AM

2,736 posts, read 9,671,561 times
I used to be a valet - Bridgewater Manor was a nice spot. I'm personally not a fan of using hotel receptions, atleast through the larger chains. For example (outside the area, just an example) the Bernardsville Inn is a nice place, which would happen to have accommodations in case someone got too tanked to drive. However, I also think the large chains have inferior service, and it just doesn't give the right feel (imho).

I've never valeted at the other locations though, only the Bridgewater Manor.

Old 04-08-2008, 11:09 AM

5,439 posts, read 16,863,723 times
Is the Madison Hotel too far? It sounds close to some of those towns but I don't know. This is where we got married Congrats BTW

Old 04-08-2008, 01:00 PM

259 posts, read 925,117 times
I think everyone has heard of the Bridgewater Manor. It's not a bad place. I went to a wedding there about 6 months ago and there were two weddings going on at the same time. The food was nice, but the two bridal parties kept running into each other. To me, that would be a big no no. I see you have a lot of places to look at, that's a good thing. I would recommend you take time to visit all of them. When I got married, my wife and I looked at 12 different reception halls. What made us pick our place was the way the staff treated us and the look and feel of the place. You'll know where you want to get married once you walk into the right place. Best of luck and congrats.

Old 04-08-2008, 01:54 PM

1,024 posts, read 3,356,672 times
About 10 years ago, we had an event at Soriano's Parkside in Bridgewater. Steve Soriano is absolutely wonderful to work with and the food and service was amazing.

{The Soriano's Family of Caterers} WEDDINGS

I'm sorry I have no experience with the other places.

Good luck!

Old 06-24-2008, 06:22 AM

23,867 posts, read 33,568,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badfish740 View Post
Ok-house is almost down, now we have to take on the challenge of planning a wedding!!!

Seriously though we're looking to have between 75 and 100 people (we're thinking that we'll end up with 80 or so actually coming), and that the best area for a reception is somewhere in Somerset County. My family is mostly south or out of state and hers is mostly north or out of state. Plus we're thinking of getting married in High Bridge since that will be the church we'll be attending, so it would be very convenient to have everyone hop on 78 east for a 25 or so minute drive to the reception. Is anyone familiar with the following places?

Bridgewater Manor - Bridgewater
The Palace at Somerset Park - Somerset
The Somerset Hills Hotel - Warren
The Inn at Somerset Hills - Basking Ridge
Bridgewater Marriott - Bridgewater
Hotel Sierra - Branchburg

I'll be e-mailing all of them I was just hoping that maybe someone on here either had a wedding or attended one at one of these places.

Thanks!
Have you looked at Snuffy's?
I was there 2 years ago, it's still beautiful with the staircase for pictures.

Old 06-24-2008, 06:37 AM

604 posts, read 2,914,735 times
Forrest Lodge in Warren. Just the right size for 75-100 plus they only do one wedding at a time.

Forest Lodge Catering - NJ Corporate Outings & New Jersey Company Picnics

E

Last edited by emanon; 06-24-2008 at 06:40 AM.. Reason: added link

Old 06-24-2008, 08:02 AM

717 posts, read 773,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe moving View Post
Is the Madison Hotel too far? It sounds close to some of those towns but I don't know. This is where we got married Congrats BTW
Was going to say the exact same thing as you. Just passed our 1 year anniversary and went to Rods for an outstanding Prime Rib dinner with a free cake for dessert and bottle of champagne.

That place is FIRST CLASS top to BOTTOM.

Old 06-24-2008, 08:16 AM

1,369 posts, read 4,639,323 times
I vote for the Bridgewater Manor.

I used to be a DJ and I did many parties there. The staff was great and that says something to me. I have worked in practically every stinkin' catering joint in North Jersey and the Bridgewater Manor was just terrific.

If they were nice to the sub-contractors think how they will be to the customers.

I was also there as a guest twice. Food was outstanding, JMO

Good luck and congratulations!

Shanny
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey