Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2009, 12:01 AM

10 posts, read 47,239 times

Advertisements

I live in Cinnaminson, NJ and will be getting married on September 12, 2010. (A Sunday) We are looking for somewhere AFFORDABLE to have the reception, but also nice. Close to the Cinnaminson area, but would consider going into Philly or down the shore if the price was right.

Our guest list will most likely be around 200 people, and I'd really like to stay under $100/person. The lower, the better. And I would LOVE sit-down instead of buffet if I can make that work.

This seems about impossible.

I live right down the street from the Merion, which is amazing and goes for about $120/person.

Any ideas/tips/opinions/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Also, does anyone know prices for Valleybrook Country Club? I've heard it's reasonable.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2009, 06:03 AM

1,235 posts, read 3,954,632 times
I like the Merion! I went to a great wedding there.

Your budget is low if you are including open bar. Can you shorten your guest list a bit, that would save you some money Try hotels around there, sometimes they are cheaper than the standalone wedding places.

Sit-down is usually cheaper than buffet, so that will help.

Old 07-31-2009, 08:18 AM

2,510 posts, read 3,977,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynnnabun View Post
I live in Cinnaminson, NJ and will be getting married on September 12, 2010. (A Sunday) We are looking for somewhere AFFORDABLE to have the reception, but also nice. Close to the Cinnaminson area, but would consider going into Philly or down the shore if the price was right.

Our guest list will most likely be around 200 people, and I'd really like to stay under $100/person. The lower, the better. And I would LOVE sit-down instead of buffet if I can make that work.

This seems about impossible.

I live right down the street from the Merion, which is amazing and goes for about $120/person.

Any ideas/tips/opinions/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Also, does anyone know prices for Valleybrook Country Club? I've heard it's reasonable.

Thanks!

Several years ago my daughters reception was at the Kings Grant Club House on the lake in Marlton off Tuckerton Road........great place overlooking the lake at a very reasonable price and they work closely with several different caterers who frequently use the facility......you would do well to check it out. They were also married at the little church in the woods at Medford Lakes which is very close.......both facilities were just right for about 200 people.

Old 08-03-2009, 01:53 PM

10 posts, read 47,239 times
does anyone know anything about Paris Caterer's? It's in ... Blackwood? I think.

Old 08-03-2009, 02:55 PM

1,983 posts, read 7,518,743 times
Braddock's in Medford.

Braddock's Tavern - Weddings and Banquets

Old 08-03-2009, 03:02 PM

7,780 posts, read 21,882,417 times
Im right down the street from the Merion too. What a grand place.. good luck

Old 08-08-2009, 08:17 PM

12 posts, read 59,222 times
Default wedding in jersey

september is still nice and warm at jersey shore.

ocean place resort in long branch will do a group rate so all your guests can stay at the beach (the guests will pay for their own rooms). there is a great family style reception dinner you can do at Sirena Italina restaurant for $65 per person (that grooms family traditionally pays). then, you get a cheap reception hall off the beach, like the theatre or VA hall on a Sunday, do it self-catered, everybody brings a dish. people can get food from whole foods market in red bank where there is nice stuff from the deli. you could check with ocean place for weddings there, it would be shoulder season.

i know if you go to atlantic city, too, which is close to you, they have package deals for weddings that can be affordable, price them. there is alot in your area, but whatever you do, forget going into the city or near it because this is like $400 per head. the more south, the better, check out Cape May.

Old 08-20-2009, 06:46 AM

1,000 posts, read 3,603,160 times
We used the Palmyra Harbor clubhouse for our reception.. we were broke, at the time and it was fairly reasonable IIRC>
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey