Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2008, 09:00 PM

76 posts, read 364,027 times

Advertisements

In Shark River Hills....

here is the story at APP.com | Asbury Park Press | Monmouth and Ocean counties news, community, entertainment, yellow pages and classifieds. Serving Monmouth and Ocean counties, NJ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2008, 09:46 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,486,709 times
Default Wow!

That's pretty damn scary!

How is everything panning out?

I hope it's better than worse.

Old 07-05-2008, 10:54 PM

1,334 posts, read 2,993,816 times
It is scary and tragic also. I remember an overhead collision of two planes that happened in Cliffside Park about 20 years ago. It left five people dead, one of dead was in his home when the plane crashed into it. I remember looking at the wreckage and thinking how lucky it was that only one person on the ground died in a town like Cliffside that has 25,000 people in one square mile.

I remember mounths later when the released the transcrips from the cockpits, one pilot who was with his son, final words were "Oh no Auther, I'm sorry". I'm sure this story won't hit home to a lot of people who'll probably say to themselve's ' more people die in car accidents'... But tonight I'm not going to let Diane and her annoying "Jersey drivers getting ripped off" thread bother me, Because tonight with my kids and my loved ones sleeping safely I'm thinking to myself were pretty lucky!

Last edited by Stone28; 07-05-2008 at 11:08 PM..

Old 07-06-2008, 07:02 AM

3,219 posts, read 6,582,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone28 View Post
It is scary and tragic also. I remember an overhead collision of two planes that happened in Cliffside Park about 20 years ago. It left five people dead, one of dead was in his home when the plane crashed into it. I remember looking at the wreckage and thinking how lucky it was that only one person on the ground died in a town like Cliffside that has 25,000 people in one square mile.

I remember mounths later when the released the transcrips from the cockpits, one pilot who was with his son, final words were "Oh no Auther, I'm sorry". I'm sure this story won't hit home to a lot of people who'll probably say to themselve's ' more people die in car accidents'... But tonight I'm not going to let Diane and her annoying "Jersey drivers getting ripped off" thread bother me, Because tonight with my kids and my loved ones sleeping safely I'm thinking to myself were pretty lucky!
That hits "a nerve" with me as I lived only 5 blocks away from that horrific happening. I had to run to the park in Fairview thinking that the other plane hit near where my brother was playing. The odd thing is that, that other plane crashed next door to where I once used to live on Kamena and 5th streets where the pilot was "toast" without being more graphic - the other plane which crashed into a house on Cliff Street in Cliffside Park was the one about 5 blocks away - a new house was since erected there.

Old 07-06-2008, 07:25 AM

76 posts, read 364,027 times
So far, they haven't found anything or anyone to identify the plane or the people flying it....just a lot of debris. This is such a tragedy..........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey